2018 Potential Free Agent WRs

3 hours ago, Manther said:

I can see the argument on Allen Robinson.  I just don't count Landry since he is a slot receiver and they have less flexibility.  The NFL teams seem to feel this way too as slot receivers get paid less than top tier WRs.  JMO.

I simply can't put Sammy at the top of that list until he actually plays to his potential.  He's yet to do so while others have.  JMO

3 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Pryor is garbage. Why would you want to give him a shot?

Eh,he was bad in Washimgton,he was pretty good in Cleveland. Having him and Benjamin gives you two big physical receivers on the outside,and.lets you slide Jones into the slot

3 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Free Agent WR's likely not coming to play with Peterman or a rookie QB.

Well they are definitely not going to play with Taylor then. He is a proven WR Killer and bottom of the barrel in passing yards for 3 years now. 

I do agree that none of these top FA's will come here unless we over pay.

• Like (+1) 1

If Chudzinski is hired....

I am all over the Donte Moncrief train. He plays for Chudzinski and seems like he can breakout at any minute. He's big and fast and a great #2 to KB. 

I know it's not their usual process, but Josh Gordon had his huge breakout season with Chudzinski as head coach. They seemed to have a really good relationship as well. I know he's not a free agent, but if Chudzinski is hired I think he's a possibility. 

I really like Allen Robinson but I think he isn't going to be too expensive. I think there is a chance the Chargers cut Travis Benjamin who would be a huge boost for the return game. Also had some good times under Chudzinski. 

14 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

Didnt Sammy just get the franchise tag??

They won't tag him, they need it for Donald

Move Jones to the slot, retain Thompson and bring in Richardson as a deep threat. Then in the draft if a mid to late round WR takes their eye, bring him in as wildcard

Edited by Mountain Man

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mike Wallace is fast right?

This would be a solid move. Only a year removed from 1,000 yards. 

Realisticly I think it will be Moncrief or Richardson depending on who our OC is next year. 

Wouldn’t mind Matthews back either, he can produce as long as he has a decent qb

Edited by CDogg20

16 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Prior to this season, A Robinson had 153 catches for 2283 yards and 20 TDs in 2015-16.

With Blake Bortles at QB.

Plenty of players have come back from Torn ACL's.  His unfortunately happened week 1.  Not his fault

And he is only 24.

You can do an Alshon Jeffries type deal and hope to extend him after a great year at a steep price, or get him cheap now for 3 years and expect him to return to form.

I would be all over him if I'm Beane.

He's 31 and his best days are behind him.

He’s good but not the speed guy this offense needs.  I like him and would be an upgrade but I’d prefer to throw money at guys with real speed considering our current WR unit makeup.  Richardson really seems like a great fit. I hate John brown because he’s always hurt, but he makes sense.  Wallace is 31, but he still has legs.  1 year deal would be a nice backup plan.  I could see us going after Albert Wilson.

18 hours ago, Manther said:

I think Sammy is the best on this list.

I don't think we will make a big splash at WR in free agency.

I think are WRs are better without Taylor.  And, better without Dennison.  

KB will be our #1 next year.

Landry is by far the best wr on the list. I don’t like him but he is better by a lot. 

I like Robinson, but he is also one of the likely gems of this cast that will be pricey. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

No to Matthews, we don’t need another lumbering WR that can’t separate. He had fallen to 4th on the Eagles depth chart and that’s why they gave him to the Bills.

I am a no on Landry as well. I think that he is good and reliable but we don’t need another possession guy. We need a guy that can stretch the field. 

I would bring back Deonte Thompson.

options: Richardson, Moncrief, Wallace, Robinson, Pryor, Lee and Gabriel

I am going to say Richardson in FA and Anthony Miller in the 2nd round.

2018: Benjamin, Richardson, Miller, Zay, Thompson and Reilly

That isn’t a perfect group but it is much improved. They still don’t have that star that has to be accounted for at all times but they have enough speed to keep safeties honest.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Landry is by far the best wr on the list. I don’t like him but he is better by a lot. 

I like Robinson, but he is also one of the likely gems of this cast that will be pricey. 

I disagree.  Landry is just a slot WR.  Sammy is a complete WR.

I think Sammy gets paid more than Landry per year.

20 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Prior to this season, A Robinson had 153 catches for 2283 yards and 20 TDs in 2015-16.

With Blake Bortles at QB.

Plenty of players have come back from Torn ACL's.  His unfortunately happened week 1.  Not his fault

And he is only 24.

You can do an Alshon Jeffries type deal and hope to extend him after a great year at a steep price, or get him cheap now for 3 years and expect him to return to form.

I would be all over him if I'm Beane.

He's 31 and his best days are behind him.

Allen Robinson is far and away the best WR in that group.  He's a top 3 WR talent.  < You read that right!

I'm pretty sure he'll be tagged.  Jacksonville would be fools to let him get away. 

Big fan of Taylor Gabriel.  He could play a Tyreek Hill-like roll in Buffalo.  He was starting to tear **** up in Atlanta before Shanny left for San Fran.

Edited by Chicken Boo