2018 Potential Free Agent WRs

I like Richardson as well.    

I feel like Decker has genuinely lost a step.  There were a few weeks this year where I felt like he had a sneaky good match-up and would deliver from a fantasy perspective and he fell flat.  He's tough as nails, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and just seems terribly mediocre nowadays. 

Should stay young at the position and target a Jerry Hughes receiver if we feel the need to grab one - a heralded prospect 3/4 years into the league that could potentially explode with a change of scenery (so Paul Richardson, basically).

Above all else this team needs somebody that can stretch the field.  Speed, speed, speed.  Ideally speed and hands, anything else is gravy.

Paul Richardson ran a 4.4 40 by the way.  Known for his acceleration.  Character guy.  Buffs?  Buffalo?  It's too perfect.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

30. Paul Richardson, Seattle Seahawks

Route Running: 17/30
Hands: 18/25
YAC: 15/20
Blocking: 8/15
Position Value: 8/10
Overall Grade: 66/100

Richardson broke out in his fourth season as he set career highs in receptions (44), yards (703) and touchdowns (six). He developed into the Seahawks' best downfield playmaker and made a bunch of money as he heads toward free agency this offseason. The 25-year-old is still raw as a route-runner, but he's lightning-quick in and out of his breaks. The Colorado product has a knack for making acrobatic downfield catches, and his speed is hard to match for any defensive back. Richardson isn't a No. 1 receiver and might not be a No. 2 yet, but he is peaking at the right time

Spending a late-round draft pick on a receiver with speed could help tremendously. There is a host of intriguing options poised to hit the open market this season, and while it would be nice to add a big-ticket acquisition, priorities along the offensive and defensive lines, and the linebacker corps should outweigh free agent adds at wide receiver. With some cap-juggling, however, kicking the tires on a few of those players would be a good idea.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Spending a late-round draft pick on a receiver with speed could help tremendously. There is a host of intriguing options poised to hit the open market this season, and while it would be nice to add a big-ticket acquisition, priorities along the offensive and defensive lines, and the linebacker corps should outweigh free agent adds at wide receiver. With some cap-juggling, however, kicking the tires on a few of those players would be a good idea.

I know some differ but how can anyone think that OL is a bigger need than WR? The OL could have everyone back and was average. The WR group is losing guys and was awful by any metric. How is that not the bigger need? WR should be right after QB and DL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know some differ but how can anyone think that OL is a bigger need than WR? The OL could have everyone back and was average. The WR group is losing guys and was awful by any metric. How is that not the bigger need? WR should be right after QB and DL.

WR, DT, and LB are all priority needs after QB. 

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Biggest upgrade to the wide receiver corps. will be getting a QB that will actually throw the ball within 2 feet of them.

Regardless of the QB they were awful by any metric imaginable. They are one of the worst position groups in the NFL. They don’t separate, can’t catch, don’t run after the catch and with the exception of Thompson they don’t get down the field. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

WR, DT, and LB are all priority needs after QB. 

I’d add pass rush to that (but I agree).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Regardless of the QB they were awful by any metric imaginable. They are one of the worst position groups in the NFL. They don’t separate, can’t catch, don’t run after the catch and with the exception of Thompson they don’t get down the field. 

I’d add pass rush to that (but I agree).

Absoloutely.