Mike McCoy and Rob Chudzinski top 2 OC candidates per Alex Marvez

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

If it's Bevell we're keeping Tyrod.  

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Absolute conjecture nonsense....listen to Beane's interview....he will Draft the QB he believes has all the tools and intangibles necessary to be an NFL QB, regardless of scheme...and then says to OC and coaches, you need to highlight strengths and minimize weaknesses....

Additionally, Bevell scouted and pounded the table to Draft Russell Wilson, and helped coach Favre to one of his best years in the NFL in the twilight of his career....if the guy comes here, he brings a wealth of QB knowledge and an ability to spot raw talent and even more, DEVELOP him...nothing about that says Tyrod. 

Well actually, I would NOT dismiss this as just conjecture, as there may be accuracies by both the comments here.  I think its possible that they might choose to keep Taylor as the Vet to keep the seat warm for whatever high draft pick we bring in at QB if we hire Bevell.  

To be clear, I am not advocating for Bevell or this strategy (he is not that high on my list because I think he always struggled maximizing his key players outside Wilson), but I don't think its out of the question and something to be automatically dismissed.  Personally, I dont think either person will be a Bill next year...not Bevell or TT.  But I also am not going to say there is no way it will happen either.  I think the guy is going to be Chud personally and they will either sign a Vet to pair with a 1st round QB or go hard after Cousins.  But if Bevell is the guy, I think it makes the TT situation a different conversation, but they will still draft a QB heir apparent in the draft even if they did keep him.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Well actually, I would NOT dismiss this as just conjecture, as there may be accuracies by both the comments here.  I think its possible that they might choose to keep Taylor as the Vet to keep the seat warm for whatever high draft pick we bring in at QB if we hire Bevell.  

That's all I'm saying exactly.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To be clear, I am not advocating for Bevell or this strategy (he is not that high on my list because I think he always struggled maximizing his key players outside Wilson), but I don't think its out of the question and something to be automatically dismissed.  Personally, I dont think either person will be a Bill next year...not Bevell or TT.  But I also am not going to say there is no way it will happen either.  I think the guy is going to be Chud personally and they will either sign a Vet to pair with a 1st round QB or go hard after Cousins.  But if Bevell is the guy, I think it makes the TT situation a different conversation, but they will still draft a QB heir apparent in the draft even if they did keep him.

Is Bevell the one who called the pass on the goal line that the Pats*** intercepted to win the Super Bowl?

If so, I don't think that choice would go over so well right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I dont want to hire Bevell...already said multiple threads he is not the guy I want.  

But yes, that is a good question...and yes, doubt that goes over well.  Although, I feel like Pete took ownership of that call after the game, but I could be wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I kind of expect it either way. Look, we know what Tyrod is. But even arguably some of the most successful rookie QBs from the past few years (Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Winston, Watson) either didn't start, or struggled in their first year. It's part of the process. Why go for big money with Chase Daniel, or Jay Cutler?

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah but they fired their HC. We may have a wink-nod agreement with him for when he gets let go. In the meantime I think we have to interview Rooney Rule candidates.

I though the Rooney Rule was for HC only ?

36 minutes ago, Putin said:

I though the Rooney Rule was for HC only ?

I think we covered this. I should not apply for an OC.

I am not sure about this Mike McCoy thinking. I mean, he would be better at running something like Dennison's system than Dennison, but I really don't like Denny's WCO system for our talent.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

If I'm truly going all in on anyone it's Jimmy G.  2 1st round picks be damned.  Suit him up and enjoy the trip to Foxboro for the next decade.

Jimmy G is a FA I believe? 

1 hour ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

The offer is out

is there a deadline on it?