The Doug Marrone Coaching Tree: Hop on board!

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think I understand how things GROW...do you?? That’s the idea with trees. Let them get strong and take root. But with this one (Marrone’s) you have to realize the potential before it gets too large. Harvest the proginy (Hackett) now before it becomes overpriced.  

This makes more sense than your ramblings on the first page. You should delete all that, and just replace it with this.

I'm still not a fan of Hackett, and I'm not sure why he would leave a more talented offense and make a horizontal move to come to buffalo as their OC. He's better off staying in Jacksonville and waiting out a HC job down the road.

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This makes more sense than your ramblings on the first page. You should delete all that, and just replace it with this.

I'm still not a fan of Hackett, and I'm not sure why he would leave a more talented offense and make a horizontal move to come to buffalo as their OC. He's better off staying in Jacksonville and waiting out a HC job down the road.

There is no rambling when it comes to matters of Marrone. 

Fergy, obviously you’re getting it, but I think you’re missing the obviously hidden secret gem in his tree. You remember the secretary that he was rude to at OBD? We’ll, that could be our next OC right there and she could start right away obviously. No need to go outside the organization. It’s like St. Doug never left us. What a coupe dee tot!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think the problem with your opinion (and SouthNYFan above) is you fail to realize how Marrone affected others he worked with. Like the guy CrippledCreek said above, we learn from those we work with. Schwartz was a mediocre coach until Marrone brought him in and showed him “how to implement a plan”. Look at Payton - he won a SB but never had a power run game until he incorporated some of Marrone’s run blocking schemes. I just think Marrone’s coaching tree is going through a growth spurt and it makes sense to delve further into what makes him tick...namely, the middle trunk called “Hackett”. 

I disagree with you wholeheartedly.  He became a head coach in this league long before Marrone had anything to do with him.  He was highly regarded as one of the top defensive minds long before he worked with Marrone.  Don't you remember?  He was considered one of the top if not the top DC for a while in Tennessee and was considered for HC jobs for years.  He was not a mediocre DC.  I'm not sure where you are making that notion up from.  It sounds like you are just referring to his HC stint with the Lions where he took over a horrid team with an enormous lack of talent and then magically took them to the playoffs.  I don't understand how you can think he was mediocre as a coordinator before that though.  He rose up the ranks to earn a HC job.  Did you watch his defenses and schemes and player types?  I just think you somehow missed his time before his HC stint.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Of course.  You can't underestimate the power of Doug

This guy gets it !

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I disagree with you wholeheartedly.  He became a head coach in this league long before Marrone had anything to do with him.  He was highly regarded as one of the top defensive minds long before he worked with Marrone.  Don't you remember?  He was considered one of the top if not the top DC for a while in Tennessee and was considered for HC jobs for years.  He was not a mediocre DC.  I'm not sure where you are making that notion up from.  It sounds like you are just referring to his HC stint with the Lions where he took over a horrid team with an enormous lack of talent and then magically took them to the playoffs.  I don't understand how you can think he was mediocre as a coordinator before that though.  He rose up the ranks to earn a HC job.  Did you watch his defenses and schemes and player types?  I just think you somehow missed his time before his HC stint.  

don't stop ferg when he is on a roll