Sign in to follow this  
BringBackFergy

The Doug Marrone Coaching Tree: Hop on board!

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I'd rather watch our team play another week in the playoffs....Marrone is

Any coach or front office guy that Marrone has worked with this year or in the past belongs on the tree...can't pick and choose which branches are real...they all grow from his roots.

Clearly you don't know how a coaching tree works.

Doug Marrone has a coaching tree. Since when?

more like a twig

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I saw that.  So McD and Beane can continue on with their "hiring practices."  Good stuff!!

I guess Leslie Frazier pulled the wool over their eyes!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Putting Schwartz on the Maroon coaching "tree" is a huge insult to Schwartz.

What was Schwartz before coaching for Marrone? Oh, you mean the Detroit Lions perennial 8-8 teams? Take a look at his work after he joined ranks with Marrone. The branches extend far and you are like the neighbor that wants to chop them off because they hang over the driveway. Marrone's coaching tree can't be chopped and pruned to serve your own purposes.

53 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not sure you can put Schwartz, who had already been a DC and HC before him, on Marrone's "coaching tree". 

Shawartz worked with belichick a long long time ago. 

This is like trying to claim that Perry Fewell (Jags DB coach for 2017) should fall under the Marrone coaching tree.  The guy has been coaching for 30 years and this is the first year under Marrone.  He does not qualify as growing up under Marrone. 

I appreciate the joke, but so many people just going right along like it's serious.

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was Schwartz before coaching for Marrone? Oh, you mean the Detroit Lions perennial 8-8 teams? Take a look at his work after he joined ranks with Marrone. The branches extend far and you are like the neighbor that wants to chop them off because they hang over the driveway. Marrone's coaching tree can't be chopped and pruned to serve your own purposes.

If you want to put Schwartz on the Bill Belichick or Jeff Fisher trees, that makes sense.  Giving Maroon any credit at all for Jim Schwartz is a joke.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Hackett sure didn't. 

Well played!

Marrone may have put "the lumber" to Schwartz but I'm not sure qualifies as being part of his tree.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

Our D coordinator is Lesslie Frazier not Frazier Crane.  He's black not that color should matter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, manbeast said:

Our D coordinator is Lesslie Frazier not Frazier Crane.  He's black not that color should matter.

Couldn't agree more.

Terry Pegula is a smart man.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

Let's get the best coach for the job.  I don't care if he is green, purple, black or white!

2 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Let's get the best coach for the job.  I don't care if he is green, purple, black or white!

Agreed. I just want the best person for the job

My favorite disciple of the Marrone tree is Sean Payton.  Too bad he's not available 

10 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Nor do I .................... but others are doing the hiring ................

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think you've mistaken the twig for the tree. Marrone has no tree whatsoever.

2 hours ago, simool said:

Got any candidates?

Rachel dolizar

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If you want to put Schwartz on the Bill Belichick or Jeff Fisher trees, that makes sense.  Giving Maroon any credit at all for Jim Schwartz is a joke.

Didn’t realize making decisions on what coaches and philosophies to adopt is not a decision attributable to the roots of the tree...hiring Schwartz was Marrone’s call and the fruit of his tree (along with Hackett, guys like Coughlin, etc) are now being enjoyed outside our own organization. I sense some buyer’s remorse in some of you. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

lol this is a joke, right? two words:

LESLIE FRAZIER.

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Where did he blossom?

When he realized his QB(Bortles sucked at throwing the ball he made and adjustment for him to run,he would work wonders with Tie Rod  ;) 

Genius like that should not go unrewarded ;) 

Yes I am being very sarcastic :) 

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I hope this is a joke

As long has he brings Nassib with him /s

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Couldn't agree more.

Terry Pegula is a smart man.

What in the actual !@#$ are you babbling about.

Just now, mob16151 said:

What in the actual !@#$ are you babbling about.

Do I need to spell it out for you?

29 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

I want an Alien....not an illegal alien ....one from space ...preferably from the future ;) 

Sign in to follow this