The Doug Marrone Coaching Tree: Hop on board!

10 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Let's get the best coach for the job.  I don't care if he is green, purple, black or white!

Nor do I .................... but others are doing the hiring ................

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If you want to put Schwartz on the Bill Belichick or Jeff Fisher trees, that makes sense.  Giving Maroon any credit at all for Jim Schwartz is a joke.

Didn’t realize making decisions on what coaches and philosophies to adopt is not a decision attributable to the roots of the tree...hiring Schwartz was Marrone’s call and the fruit of his tree (along with Hackett, guys like Coughlin, etc) are now being enjoyed outside our own organization. I sense some buyer’s remorse in some of you. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

lol this is a joke, right? two words:

LESLIE FRAZIER.

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Where did he blossom?

When he realized his QB(Bortles sucked at throwing the ball he made and adjustment for him to run,he would work wonders with Tie Rod  ;) 

Genius like that should not go unrewarded ;) 

Yes I am being very sarcastic :) 

29 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Let's get the best coach for the job.  I don't care if he is green, purple, black or white!

I want an Alien....not an illegal alien ....one from space ...preferably from the future ;) 

Just now, Gugny said:

Do I need to spell it out for you?

I think you're insinuating something that sounds serious when in fact they just hired people they knew. Please don't be one of those people who looks at a picture and thinks "racism" where there is no evidence of it. 

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I think you're insinuating something that sounds serious when in fact they just hired people they knew. Please don't be one of those people who looks at a picture and thinks "racism" where there is no evidence of it. 

I would certainly hope you'd know me better than that.  I would never make a baseless accusation, especially against someone that I do not know.

I'm just saying that I hope they respect the Rooney Rule when vetting candidates.  No more; no less.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was Schwartz before coaching for Marrone? Oh, you mean the Detroit Lions perennial 8-8 teams? Take a look at his work after he joined ranks with Marrone. The branches extend far and you are like the neighbor that wants to chop them off because they hang over the driveway. Marrone's coaching tree can't be chopped and pruned to serve your own purposes.

Jim Schwartz is from the Fisher Tree he was excellent with Fisher

marone doesnt have a freaking coaching tree. 

Guess Pettine is his too right LOL

33 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Didn’t realize making decisions on what coaches and philosophies to adopt is not a decision attributable to the roots of the tree...hiring Schwartz was Marrone’s call and the fruit of his tree (along with Hackett, guys like Coughlin, etc) are now being enjoyed outside our own organization. I sense some buyer’s remorse in some of you. 

Learn what a coaching Tree is 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You don't think teams are interested in Hackett for HC?

He is the Twig i mentioned in my earlier post 

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Schwartz is from the belichick tree

Yeah thats true. Sure as hell wasnt Marrone. 

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I would certainly hope you'd know me better than that.  I would never make a baseless accusation, especially against someone that I do not know.

I'm just saying that I hope they respect the Rooney Rule when vetting candidates.  No more; no less.

I believe I do, which is why I was surprised to see that insinuation from you. I think this organization has been pretty good about being colorblind recently. 

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So what you’re saying is that you should only interview minority candidates when mandated by the league?

Interview the best candidates possible. That's it end of story. No worry of social justice Warriors or white virtue signalers to intervene.

The best for the best.

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Rooney Rule is Antiquated and bull ****. If anyone in the league had any balls they would not use it and dare the NFL to take action and then slap the **** out of them with a lawsuit. Plain and simple the NFL is a joke for such a stupid rule

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Jim Schwartz is from the Fisher Tree he was excellent with Fisher

marone doesnt have a freaking coaching tree. 

Guess Pettine is his too right LOL

Learn what a coaching Tree is 

I guess you don’t understand simple plant/tree/vine grafting. Look it up. You take an existing branch/stem, root it in water, allow it to grow like your grandma did with geraniums in her front window, then plant it with older/mature plants and a new crop grows with different genetic markers and attractive characteristics. You’re looking at this as if Bill Walsh’s coaching tree is a sum certain....wrong. Marrone’s coaching tree branches off with rooted plants, grafted vines and transplants that take off. 

Sean Payton was nothing more than a “throw at all costs” coach until he watched how Marrone operated an offense. Guess what Payton did? Went out and obtained two of the most efficient runners in the NFL. 

Tom Coughlin was a cast off...a pirrahna and suddenly found a home in Jax with who? Marrone. Guess what? Marrone called the shots on the field with guys like Nate Hackett overseeing the offense. Why would you laugh at taking a small sample of Marrone’s tree and letting it grow into a strong mainstay of our own for years to come. I’ll never understand why we can’t have the successes of other teams until I read some of these responses. 

• Haha (+1) 1