The Doug Marrone Coaching Tree: Hop on board!

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

So what you’re saying is that you should only interview minority candidates when mandated by the league?

No. I was asking if the rule applied only to HC and GM because the language says 'head coach and senior football operations positions', and the Bills' opening is for OC.

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Nope. I thought do too but @simool posted a link proving me wrong 

Yeah, I saw that.  So McD and Beane can continue on with their "hiring practices."  Good stuff!!

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I'd rather watch our team play another week in the playoffs....Marrone is

Any coach or front office guy that Marrone has worked with this year or in the past belongs on the tree...can't pick and choose which branches are real...they all grow from his roots.

Clearly you don't know how a coaching tree works.

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Putting Schwartz on the Maroon coaching "tree" is a huge insult to Schwartz.

What was Schwartz before coaching for Marrone? Oh, you mean the Detroit Lions perennial 8-8 teams? Take a look at his work after he joined ranks with Marrone. The branches extend far and you are like the neighbor that wants to chop them off because they hang over the driveway. Marrone's coaching tree can't be chopped and pruned to serve your own purposes.

This is like trying to claim that Perry Fewell (Jags DB coach for 2017) should fall under the Marrone coaching tree.  The guy has been coaching for 30 years and this is the first year under Marrone.  He does not qualify as growing up under Marrone. 

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was Schwartz before coaching for Marrone? Oh, you mean the Detroit Lions perennial 8-8 teams? Take a look at his work after he joined ranks with Marrone. The branches extend far and you are like the neighbor that wants to chop them off because they hang over the driveway. Marrone's coaching tree can't be chopped and pruned to serve your own purposes.

If you want to put Schwartz on the Bill Belichick or Jeff Fisher trees, that makes sense.  Giving Maroon any credit at all for Jim Schwartz is a joke.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

Our D coordinator is Lesslie Frazier not Frazier Crane.  He's black not that color should matter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

Let's get the best coach for the job.  I don't care if he is green, purple, black or white!