The Doug Marrone Coaching Tree: Hop on board!

I did a google search and was surprised no "expert insiders" or journalists have touched on the Marrone Coaching Tree but it is pretty impressive. Not sure why we are looking for offensive coordinators that aren't, at least, genetically related to those coaches, ex-players or front office personnel who have worked with Doug Marrone.

I'm in favor of bringing in Nate Hackett for a dinner and discussion of how he would turn our offense around. Not saying he gets the job but if he did, I like the fact that he has matured into one of the bright young minds of the NFL. I think a lot of that has to do with his coaching with Doug Marrone. His stint in Buffalo was akin to a young apprentice who learned how to sweat solder a pipe...it looked messy the first few times but after a bunch of tries, it is clean, strong and reliable.

Not to mention the others who have shown success given their association with Doug Marrone...Jim Schwartz has a limb on the coaching tree all to himself. Look what he did with the Eagles. How about Tom Coughlin's work with the Jags this season. Not sure he'd have pulled any of that off without Marrone (or also with Hackett).

Some other players, coaches who are branches off the Marrone tree would include Sean Payton and Todd Bowles who have shown promise, success, and an ability to maintain a high level of performance from his players.

Like I said, some may not agree with the Hackett idea for OC/Asst Head Coach, but when you have a head coach who has taken one team to the brink of playoffs and another new team into the second round of the playoffs, maybe we should look for acorns from that tree (The Marrone Coaching Tree), rather than the broken branches from other older, rotted out trees (Belichick tree, Parcells tree, Shanahan tree).

• Haha (+1) 6

Hackett? Yuck

You saw that offense

Here and Jags. Don't tell me about #1 rushing team, that's just being stubborn and running too much. Their star rookie RB averaged less than 4 ypc.

I don't know about his coaching tree, amd I will give you Marrone is a decent/good coach, but Hackett blows as an OC.

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I hope this is a joke

Uhhh, no. A joke would be Rick Dennison staying on. You can't question the success Marrone has enjoyed and that is due, in part, to the coaches he has surrounded himself with...all are branches forming his own coaching tree.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, simool said:

I would rather have my eyeballs pried from my skull with a fork.

I'd rather watch our team play another week in the playoffs....Marrone is

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not sure you can put Schwartz, who had already been a DC and HC before him, on Marrone's "coaching tree". 

Any coach or front office guy that Marrone has worked with this year or in the past belongs on the tree...can't pick and choose which branches are real...they all grow from his roots.

• Haha (+1) 1

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I apologize in advance is this a little off topic,  but I really don't think it is.

This would be a nice opportunity for McDermott and Beane to actually consider hiring a coach who isn't white.  The Rooney Rule was put in place for a reason and McD's and Beane's hiring practices pretty much violate the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

Got any candidates?

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I'd rather watch our team play another week in the playoffs....Marrone is

Any coach or front office guy that Marrone has worked with this year or in the past belongs on the tree...can't pick and choose which branches are real...they all grow from his roots.

NO. This is absolutely not true. The freaking guy was a HEAD COACH before working under Marrone. You're delusional dude.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Does it apply to coordinators or just HC and GM?