• Darrell Bevell
    • Rob Chudzinski
    • Brian Daboll
    • Mike Shula
    • Brian Schottenheimer
    • Ken Dorsey
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Matt Canada

As I’ve said before want and realistic are different.

There are 4 realistic Candidates 

1. Mike McCoy - McDs 1st choice last year. System doesn’t change much.

2. Mike Shula - Worked together in Carolina

3. Ken Dorsey - Carolina ties, could bring young perspective and new style philosophies.

4. Rob Chudinski - Worked in Philadelphia together

That’s it. 

I like the Idea of Dorsey... but I think it will be McCoy, Beane May like Shula who knows.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Why exactly is John DeFilippo not realistic?

I think he's confusing DeFilippo and Reich... JD is the QB coach in Philly and Reich is the OC. Perhaps he thought JD was OC. Reich is technically realistic but it would be a lateral move for him and he's probably waiting for a HC opportunity. Maybe he'd come here since he's familiar and it's near his hometown but I dunno, they got a good thing going in Philly...as long as Wentz is healthy. 

This is why Defilppo is unrealistic.  He is already a position coach, therefore Philly will reject OC interviews.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/philadelphia-eagles/report-eagles-block-jets-interviewing-qb-coach-john-defilippo

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So what actually went wrong with Rico??  Did he say all the right things on the interview last year, but then reverted to something else??  There's a pretty long list of coordinators from both sides who end up one and done.  How do you prevent that from happening again??  

We took whatever we could get at the time.  There was slim pickings last year.

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

This is why Defilppo is unrealistic.  He is already a position coach, therefore Philly will reject OC interviews.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/philadelphia-eagles/report-eagles-block-jets-interviewing-qb-coach-john-defilippo

Was last season. Could see him getting pissed off at him if they block his path up the NFL ranks. 

Also, Wentz being more established might give them more comfort in letting him move on.

Lastly, the organizations connections to McDermott might make them more comfortable that he’s going to a good organization with a solid foundation.

just speculation on my part... hopeful speculation.

5 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Article is from a year ago, his contract ended this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think the Eagles should want to be careful getting a reputation of blocking promotions for their coaches. 

Also, if we get Chud, then he might bring Dorsey, who he coached at U of Miami, in as his QB coach. 

I'm good with this