OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Clay has been the leading receiver for all 3 years IIRC.  (he was in15 until he got injured).  

Incognito?  Can’t say I’ve heard much bad about his play.  

...Richie?...seriously?...he has been a left side stalwart and watching him pull is classic guard play.....damn zebras just don't understand him with the bogus holding calls.....I refer to them as "momentarily detaining" the opposition....no harm, NO foul......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

27 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Part of the blame here goes to McDermott - he should never have hired an OC that was going to change around what was successful.

Switching blocking schemes and having TT in a west coast offense were recipes for disaster that were predictable, so he should not have hired Dennison in the first place.

Most coaches big faults lie in imposing their scheme onto the personnel as opposed to vice - versa.

Marv Levy's greatest coaching achievement was recognizing the K-Gun and the weapons we had and switching from his conservative offense

You know, I'll admit it - I had no idea it was going to be this bad.  

Please keep in mind that what Greg Roman and Anthony Lynn ran is called a West Coast Offense.  So technically, we went from WCO to WCO.

I was skeptical because it sure looked as though the Broncs O took some big steps back when Dennison came on board.  But the Ravens under Kubiak in 2014 took a step forward from the previous or subsequent year, and the Houston offense stayed consistent when Dennison took over from Kyle Shanahan until Foster got injured and Schaub got the Yips or his arm fell off or whatevs.  I said "OK, worked with Taylor in Baltimore, ran a strong run game with Houston...I quaffed some Kool-Aid and said maybe he learned from what he tried putting Manning under center,  it's his big shot to get out from Kubiak's shadow blah blah blah blah"

Well he didn't.  So now we cross our fingers and hope that the next guy gets it done.

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am going to suggest this pick (Chud) over McCoy.

Agreed

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It is very strange that they fired Dennison before Taylor. Why give another OC an option to keep Taylor.

Really?  Not strange.  I explain.

Northern Hemisphere.  Harvest sugar snap peas in the spring.   Harvest brussel sprouts in the fall.  It's the seasonal tempo of Mom Nature.

NFL.  Make a coaching change in January.  Trade or release players under contract when the new league year starts in March.  It's the seasonal tempo of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Clay has been the leading receiver for all 3 years IIRC.  (he was in15 until he got injured).  

Incognito?  Can’t say I’ve heard much bad about his play.  

I like them both and want them both back. I’m just thinking with their cap numbers they could be casualties. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Northern Hemisphere.  Harvest sugar snap peas in the spring.   Harvest brussel sprouts in the fall.  It's the seasonal tempo of Mom Nature.

NFL.  Make a coaching change in January.  Trade or release players under contract when the new league year starts in March.  It's the seasonal tempo of the NFL.

....EXACTLY Hap....as the coaching world turns....cut Dennison loose now and maybe he hooks on......at the same time, the OC vacancy is public...plenty of time with TT...FA starts 3/14 and his $6 mil roster bonus is due 3/16 leaving a two day window to possibly make a trade.......or you eat the $6mil and continue to work the phones for something...Beane & McD will have some decisions to make............

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like them both and want them both back. I’m just thinking with their cap numbers they could be casualties. 

Clay has no one behind him yet does he? i mean one who can bring his game, currently on the Bills roster.

depends on what Offense is coming perhaps.
I think he would be willing to renegotiate. Bad knees and winding down ( imo). Very good player. just overpaid. as they needed to to acquire him it seemed at the time.

Logan Thomas dropped an important ball or two.
and O Leary ? Love him 

Losing Clay is a big drop off in talent 

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unclear.  Didn't McDermott hire him before he hired Dennison? 

I wasn't a fan when he was in Baltimore, and I sure-'nuff wasn't a fan last year either, so I'd like to see us try someone new.

He did but the way I would see it is a top candidate OC would want to assemble his own staff instead of giving one from an under performing unit.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He did but the way I would see it is a top candidate OC would want to assemble his own staff instead of giving one from an under performing unit.  

I guess I was thinking, if McDermott hired Castillo in the thinking he might hire McCoy, then maybe McCoy wants Castillo and if we hire McCoy ...

Never mind, I'm confusing myself

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If Mike McCoy is hired, he absolutely gets credit in my book. if Mike Tice is brought on board too, then I am a true believer.

Meh.. firing Dennison wasn't that hard to make a leap at.  McCoy was McD's first choice so that's not hard to take a leap at either.  The last one... maybe.

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thank you, I do enjoy my sugar snap pee's and bathing salts.