OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

39 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

reading that article, if they do hire Chud, sounds like they might keep the same zone scheme...Im just hoping he brings in a different line coach to teach better...another thing from that article is that he likes TE's so maybe the Bills draft TE Mark Andrews in the 2nd to pair with Clay...the parts that stood out to me most was the comments made by Pagano: “Chud is a creative guy, a smart guy,” Chuck Pagano says. ”He will do a great job of utilizing the talent that we have. He will play to our strengths and he will do a good job of trying to exploit our opponents weaknesses and get those (favorable) matchups.”...something Dennison wasnt doing enough of in Buff

In the history of histories has there ever been a coach hired that said...  I have a system that I will install.  I know it doesn't really fit the  players, but they will have to figure it out because that's all I know how to do.  

They all say the right thing.. And then do what they've always done.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Mike Tice for offensive line coach and we are currently negotiating with Mike McCoy oc

My sources are telling me the negotiations with Tice are breaking down and he is now unlikely to sign with the Bills, and i have the best and most stable sources.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Rocky Landing said:

I would now suspect that no decision will be made regarding the QB position until we have a new OC. 

We'll have a new OC by Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

My sources are telling me the negotiations with Tice are breaking down and he is now unlikely to sign with the Bills, and i have the best and most stable sources.  

I have the best sources. My sources are huge. The greatest sources ever. I mean really great. 

Part of the blame here goes to McDermott - he should never have hired an OC that was going to change around what was successful.

Switching blocking schemes and having TT in a west coast offense were recipes for disaster that were predictable, so he should not have hired Dennison in the first place.

Most coaches big faults lie in imposing their scheme onto the personnel as opposed to vice - versa.

Marv Levy's greatest coaching achievement was recognizing the K-Gun and the weapons we had and switching from his conservative offense

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

At least twice he commented Shady WASN’T playing -including Friday. Then he hedged his bet. So that one’s off the table. Dennison gettting canned HAD to happen w/ One offensive TD in the last 7 games. 

So, yes, he called the Kyle play -which means he does have some insight on the team, as many defensive players didn’t know about it til it happened.

He called a big play.  Biggest in Bills history (or some such).  

I do do not believe he said Kyle before the fact.

Has he been specific well then he would have been spot on.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are the one that said that he was the scapegoat. I asked you where he succeeded. All that you could say is that you liked his passing concepts (despite the fact that that passing game was much worse). They were worse at running, blocking, throwing, scoring, executing in the red zone, qb development, and taking care of the football. That is what got worse this year off the top of my head. How in the world can the guy in charge of that collapse be considered a scapegoat? He was a massive failure as an OC. The sad part is you are trying to defend him without a single success to point to.

Kyle Williams had more rushing TD's this year than the previous 12 combined.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Part of the blame here goes to McDermott - he should never have hired an OC that was going to change around what was successful.

Switching blocking schemes and having TT in a west coast offense were recipes for disaster that were predictable, so he should not have hired Dennison in the first place.

Most coaches big faults lie in imposing their scheme onto the personnel as opposed to vice - versa.

Marv Levy's greatest coaching achievement was recognizing the K-Gun and the weapons we had and switching from his conservative offense

How many good coaching minds wanted to hinge their career on Tyrod?  If we get someone good I suspect it means we are going all in at the draft.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Wow its nice to see some common sense prevail at 1BD in regards to Dennison. Yes TT is not up to snuff but neither was Dennison. He needed to be fired. I'm glad they held him accountable for some of the bad decisions and the Offense's regression. I am relieved that all the talk that Dennison might be retained is over. Too many times in the last 20 years the Bills have made totally inane decisions on coach hires, on players, on drafting on playcalling and the people responsible are allowed to keep their jobs only to continue unsurprisingly, to make the same bad decisions. Only then are they fired after even more damage is done. Now at least McD has chance to start fresh. Lets get an innovative coordinator who accentuates the offensive players strengths and skills and can think on his feet!!

AMEN!  Totally agree!

If you think the coach will learn from it or can that’s another thing.

It’s unable, unwilling, unemployed.

IMO Dennison was unable and unwilling, thusly, unemployed!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I doubt that he’s back. The only thing that I was saying is that they will certainly ask the new OC about him and all offensive players. It will actually be interesting for guys like Clay and Incognito.

Clay has been the leading receiver for all 3 years IIRC.  (he was in15 until he got injured).  

Incognito?  Can’t say I’ve heard much bad about his play.  

45 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Mike Tice for offensive line coach and we are currently negotiating with Mike McCoy oc

It's over, you've been exposed as a liar and a hack troll. Walk away. Your attempts at completely ignoring when you are pwned and just talking about other stuff are futile. You know nothing. 

5 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

I could be wrong, but at the time McD was setting up his staff McCoy was out of a job and most likely was McD's first choice...McCoy chose Denver and then McD had to go next on list...I also believe Chud was employed at this time so his name most likely didnt come up as a candidate...now both are unemployed and we will have to wait to see who McD hires...according to Joe B., McD has a really close connection with Chud

I am going to suggest this pick over McCoy.