OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

He will be a HC regardless of his success here. You don't want a rookie QB having two learn two schemes in 2 years. And 5 OCs in 4 years would just be constant change for the offense which is not good.

You could hire a different OC and have him succeed and get hired regardless. 

1 hour ago, Schmuggs said:

He was not aware you had such strong feelings against him.  I think a warning would have sufficed to change his behavior.  

He has been a member here for a long time and never really got into any issues.  

I just hope you’ll let him back, ideally before the draft. 

Thanks Sds

So I have to ask people not to deliberately be a complete !@#$ to me day after day? Expecting a minimal level of social grace is not unreasonable. I was very patient with his constant snark. He wouldn’t stop. 

I directly addressed his complaints, only to have him continually make the same comments as if I didn’t say anything to him at all.  Clearly he was not receptive to my explanations, nor accepting of my decisions (I can’t please everyone). Instead, he consciously chose to antagonize me. 

I consciously chose not be antagonized. 

imo

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

So I have to ask people not to deliberately be a complete !@#$ to me day after day? Expecting a minimal level of social grace is not unreasonable. I was very patient with his constant snark. He wouldn’t stop. 

I directly addressed his complaints, only to have him continually make the same comments as if I didn’t say anything to him at all.  Clearly he was not receptive to my explanations, nor accepting of my decisions (I can’t please everyone). Instead, he consciously chose to antagonize me. 

imo

All I know is that Leroi feels bad for upsetting you and he would like to come back to the community to contribute in a positive manner. 

Please give him another opportunity. 

Thanks Sds

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

All I know is that Leroi feels bad for upsetting you and he would like to come back to the community to contribute in a positive manner. 

Please give him another opportunity. 

Thanks Sds

I liked Leroi better than Dunkirk/Chadwick Don. Then again I don't know what happened behind the scenes.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Exactly. 

Leroi has told me some gems.  

Ive seen the Bills draft board already. 

The plan for our draft picks, packaged or stay put. 

He knows who the next OC will be. 

What players are are actively being shopped. 

Some of the info. he has shown me and has told me would absolutely blow you mind.  Personally I prefer to have the scoop before the media. 

I hope you guys can make up so he could come back to share. 

And you aren't allowed to post this? I'd like to know please

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

cool, so he is going to run a college level offense?

That seems to be the trend. Bears going college O system too. Will be interesting if NFL teams ever get away from huddling and having QBs call plays, and move to the college system of lining up and looking at the sideline for the play?

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That seems to be the trend. Bears going college O system too. Will be interesting if NFL teams ever get away from huddling and having QBs call plays, and move to the college system of lining up and looking at the sideline for the play?

That would have to depend on the intelligence of the QB. If you trust the guy to run the show, let hum run the show. If he's a dunce with an arm, make sure he sees the play call and does what he's told. Just my take.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

12 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

You could hire a different OC and have him succeed and get hired regardless. 

Yes but we can get mores years out of then. Just look at McDaniels... He had to prove himself again. Chudzinski will have to do the same thing. But a guy like Defilippo is being discussed as a HC right now.

14 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Blaming the coach for players' and front office failings.  Forcing Tyrod (who is a very limited qb) into an offense most smart fans knew was terrible for him and then traded away the one other playmaker on our offense weeks before the season.

im shedding no tears over him going but he is falling on the sword for a bunch of other people failing.  

Prediction: the new OC will successful if we get a qb who's weakness isnt throwing passes!!! :)

I will trust "The Process" enough to think that they're blaming the coach for failings that can be laid directly at his door - such as play calling, decision to start Peterman, and who knows? perhaps it was his decision or his deciding vote to keep Tyrod and most of the OL, but then adapt too little and too late.

Other sword-falling may follow for other failings.  We'll see.

14 hours ago, SDS said:

Why would I do that? He’s a Class A prick. 

I understand not everyone agrees with our position regarding the Buffalo News. I listened to the feedback, the criticism and the suggestions. I understand not everyone was going to happy with the software upgrade because people resist change. But it was necessary and I explained myself. I also listened to the feedback, the criticism, and the suggestions. I bent over backwards to make changes where I could. 

Do you know what I don’t need? The same prick coming here day after day after day and sticking his god damn finger in my eye every time he walked by. I heard and responded to his comments. His inability to accept reality does not give him free reign to continue to constantly declare how the site is going down hill and is garbage, I’m taking kickbacks, the software is an unnecessary downgrade, the design looks like a my little pony site, etc, etc, etc...

I reserve the right, at some point, to finally say !@#$ off - I don’t need to read this **** anymore. 

imo

The bottom line as I see it Scott: your Dime, your Domain. 

Thank you for running it and maintaining it. 

But that makes it your house, and anyone who doesn't like the house rules can feel free to go start and maintain their own site.

No, you should not have to put up with that no more than I should in my own home, where I pay the bills.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh man I hate that.   It is so high-school-ish.

Puts too much emphasis on the coaches instead of the players.    I watch the sport to watch players play - not to watch coaches play chess against one another- friggin BORING!

13 hours ago, SDS said:

imo

...think he was gone(Leroi guy)before I came on board....sounds a bit like UNDERTAKER from old, OLD BBMB days.......your patience since I have been here is WELL beyond what mine would be in some of the situations you have faced and/or addressed....if adhering to a level of social grace and decorum are the minimum requirements for membership (a privilege and NOT a right) are too difficult, we're in a serious world of hurt......thanks for everything you do SDS and affording me the PRIVILEGE to sign up...

• SDS unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Yes but we can get mores years out of then. Just look at McDaniels... He had to prove himself again. Chudzinski will have to do the same thing. But a guy like Defilippo is being discussed as a HC right now.

Not necessarily. We could hire an OC who is not being considered as a HC this offseason, comes in and has a phenomenal year, and is hired away regardless. Similarly, DeFilippo could come in, have a middling year, and then not be sought after as a HC. None of us have crystal balls. 

45 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I hope the list admin and Leroi can talk and get over this. We all value both of you.

Leroi got all full of himself and would have fared far better on this board if he was respectful and stuck to good dialog. As bad as he was, he at least posted some credible inside information. Unlike Dunkirk Don, who claims to have this inside source but has not proven it yet behaves like a complete idiot on this board. 

The best poster with inside information was NeverGiveUp who stuck to what he knew best and nothing more. I sorely miss him/her. 

• Like (+1) 1