OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

Just now, pimp on da' net said:

Dennison was a good guy, its just that his offensive system is not very flexible and he did a poor job of using the talent at hand.

I also, think this bodes well for TT, especially if the next OC is a creative mind...TT is limited but far from a bottom of the barrel option to bridge until our QB of the future is ready.

How many OC does TT need to make him a better QB? Roman couldn't do it, Lynn couldn't do it and niether could Rico. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I truly hate to see anyone lose their job so I'm not going to sit here and clap over this. I wish him the absolute best in life and in his future. 

That being said, this was the right move for the Buffalo Bills. I am curious to see how we move forward. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

A correct guess and dozens of incorrect guesses.  

Blind squirrels find nits too. 

He predicted the greatest play in franchise history before the Kyle Williams TD. Said Shady would play in the wildcard. Nailed the Dennison news. IIRC the only thing he's been wrong on was one week he said Gaines wouldn't play but then he did.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott settled for Dennison last offseason.  Good move to upgrade with many good candidates on the market. 

Who was the candidate we were rumored to be wanting?

It wasn't Dennison. It was someone out west.

You won't respond, I imagine so someone else might. 

5 minutes ago, Acantha said:

A good move, but not so easy.  Hard to fire a staff member that you put enough trust in to hire just months ago. 

Honestly, this is the best move I've seen from McDermott so far.  Tough choice, but he made the right call.  We've had many coaches through here who have wouldn't have done it.

Had to be a little easier in that Dennison wasn’t his first choice. His 1st choice is no available. He wasn’t about to die on the Dennison hill just because he hired him. 

I do do agree that most guys wouldn’t pull the trigger. This is a good decision though. He was AWFUL.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was a no-brainer!! Good job McD and company!!

I felt it was a no-brainer but I was worried McDermott would blame Tyrod exclusively. Good to see he can evaluate beyond just the QB and will make aggressive changes. I trust the process more than ever now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Had to be a little easier in that Dennison wasn’t his first choice. His 1st choice is no available. He wasn’t about to die on the Dennison hill just because he hired him. 

I do do agree that most guys wouldn’t pull the trigger. This is a good decision though. He was AWFUL.

Who was it?  Can't remember

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He predicted the greatest play in franchise history before the Kyle Williams TD. Said Shady would play in the wildcard. Nailed the Dennison news. IIRC the only thing he's been wrong on was one week he said Gaines wouldn't play but then he did.

He called for a  Spoder Webb Trap play. 

If you want to believe that fraud be my guest.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Acantha said:

A good move, but not so easy.  Hard to fire a staff member that you put enough trust in to hire just months ago. 

Honestly, this is the best move I've seen from McDermott so far.  Tough choice, but he made the right call.  We've had many coaches through here who have wouldn't have done it.

I hope McDermott also looks deep in the mirror and fires his game day game management inner skills. 

Hire a young guy to manage clock and timeouts and challenge flags and what is challengeable etc etc...... understand it takes about 12 to 14 sec to run a play without timeouts left and get set for clock stopping spike etc etc..........

Get in Beans head a real NFL team needs real back up RB's to succeed in NFL. Don't let Tolbert balling out like a soldier sent into battle with surrender not an option the last couple games and in playoffs fool you.

Everything else about him is pretty good.