brees vs brady

nuklz2594

Brady’s “season average” of his 34 game season being brought to 16 games would be about 4300 yards, 29 TDs and 14 picks. Just a rough reference point 

4 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Don't get me wrong...Brees is an excellent QB...but compare to Brady, it's not really close....

You specifically called out the playoffs though. Stat was brees has been MUCH better in the playoffs. More yards per game, more TDs per game, fewer picks per game, higher completion percentage 

He’s been there less often though and those 9ers and seahawk losses were tough. Stop that beast-quake run and they are pretty much the same win percentage with brees having the far better stats. I get you don’t get to flip games but I don’t think the point you were trying to make is as clear and obvious as you think it is 

Edited by NoSaint

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Brady’s “season average” of his 34 game season being brought to 16 games would be about 4300 yards, 29 TDs and 14 picks. Just a rough reference point 

You specifically called out the playoffs though. Stat was brees has been MUCH better in the playoffs. He’s been thereless often though and those 9ers and seahawk losses were tough. Stop that beast-quake run and they are pretty much the same win percentage with brees having the far better stats. I get you don’t get to flip games but I don’t think the point you were trying to make is as clear and obvious as you think it is 

I'm more talking about how " clutch " Brady has been in the playoffs...from the 2001 last minute drive to put their kicker in position to beat the Rams ....all the way to last year's SB where he made history....

I guess the way I look at it is if you needed to pick a QB being down by 4 with 2 minutes left.....Brady would clearly be my choice.....over Brees....over anyone actually.... 

6 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'm more talking about how " clutch " Brady has been in the playoffs...from the 2001 last minute drive to put their kicker in position to beat the Rams ....all the way to last year's SB where he made history....

I guess the way I look at it is if you needed to pick a QB being down by 4 with 2 minutes left.....Brady would clearly be my choice.....over Brees....over anyone actually.... 

Like when San Fran scored the go ahead TD with 2 mins left and Drew led a td drive back to take the lead (before the defense totally gave the game back in under a minute)? Or beating the eagles with a fg as time expired? 

i won’t disagree with people picking Tom. He’s great. Probably the right answer. But I think a lot of people will make the decisions based on a couple iconic plays swaying their opinions and not a true side by side comparison of the accomplishments 

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In this scenario does Brees agree to play with a contact well below market value in order that his team be able to be stocked with additional talent, or does he have the same contracts he's played under in New Orleans which forced the Saints to make very tough personnel decisions?

He still gets paid through a company he set up so Kraft can get that salary off the books so it's fine

On 1/12/2018 at 9:39 AM, The Jokeman said:

Tough call but think Brees might be a better QB and one would think as result have similar or better results than Brady. Similar debate if what if we took Marino instead of Kelly in '83. 

No. Marino could throw but that was about it.  His running backs used to get killed because his fake was so bad.  The good news is in Marino was QB he probably would still get his leg broken and get commercial work just like he did season when he was on IR for North Cuban Phish.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:00 PM, corta765 said:

This argument really pisses me off. The year they plugged Cassel in the Pats had just went 18-1 with the exact same lineup coming back. It wasn't like this was some average division winner with some talent, they were one David Tyree insane catch from being the best team period the previous year and many have wondered what that team would've been had Brady been healthy in 08. Other then that they've plugged Jimmy G for a whopping game and half and Jacoby Brisset for two and half games. Who else exactly have they "plugged in"?

Every great offense ever has been a product of great QB and with a scheme that their talent maximizes. Dan Fouts Air Corryell, Joe Montana West Coast, Jim Kelly K Gun etc... There is a reason why the offenses are hard to replicate at those levels yet are copied soo much. Brady has done an excellent job working a system that maximizes his slot WR and TE in the middle to create space while having a deep threat on the outside to break the defense.

I would rather Buffalo fans who can't stand the Patriots/Brady to any degree just say so and be done because the bias shows so dam badly and wrecks good conversations like this comparing two great QBs.

Ok, then tell me what parameters we are allowed to consider in trying to make this hypothetical comparison between two great QBs?  How many other offenses have had that kind of success plugging in a journeyman QB like Cassel?  And we know that Cassel has NOT been able to flourish in any other offense.  Did I say that makes Brady bad? 

That said, what "pisses me off" is anyone disputing the genius of the BB offensive scheme.  It is the most successful scheme in history at this point.  No other offense in history has had this kind of sustained success.  Brady is an enormous part of it, but I think we have seen enough evidence to know that a QB like Brees could also run it.  He has the accuracy and the quick decision-making to succeed in that offense.  Would he run the offense as well as Brady?  Maybe not, but he could probably tally the same number of rings.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2018 at 10:34 PM, Iron Maiden said:

take it a step further, Brady has led 4 Super Bowl winning drives.

He also led one in 2007, scoring a go ahead TD with 2 minutes left, the defense let him down.

Brees maybe pulls off 1 or 2 of those drives, but definitely not all 4.

Edited by Runninrams

On 1/12/2018 at 9:36 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The team with the NFL on its side.

Goodell does his best to make both teams go 0-16. 

On 1/12/2018 at 8:48 AM, nuklz2594 said:

question?  if drew brees was a patriot and brady was a saint....who would have more rings?

If Belichick was the HC of the Bills, they would make the playoffs most years.

If Brady was the QB of the Bills, they would make the playoffs most years.

Add them together and the Bills have SB rings.

Both are the GOATs on their own, but together...