brees vs brady

nuklz2594

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Would that point to Brees being able to get more out of his WR's than Brady?

Only if you don't consider everything else I posted above indicating the opposite...

Look what Brady did with Welker and Edelman

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Only if you don't consider everything else I posted above indicating the opposite...

In reality, we only have 1 WR who played with both QB's in the near peaks of their careers.

That WR was clearly better with Brees than with Brady.  

Isn't that stronger evidence than any hypotheticals you care to muster?

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

In reality, we only have 1 WR who played with both QB's in the near peaks of their careers.

That WR was clearly better with Brees than with Brady.  

Isn't that stronger evidence than any hypotheticals you care to muster?

Cooks caught for over 1000 yards (not much different than 2 best years in NO), had highest career YPC and he wasn't even the teams top receiver, so the obvious answer is no.

Hypotheticals? It's long been true that Brady's had to make stars out of lesser players as the roster has high turnover

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cooks caught for over 1000 yards (not much different than 2 best years in NO), had highest career YPC and he wasn't even the teams top receiver, so the obvious answer is no.

Hypotheticals? It's long been true that Brady's had to make stars out of lesser players as the roster has high turnover

How do you define top receiver?  Cooks was the most targeted Patriot in the passing game this year.  He also had more catches, more TD's and more yards in the last two years in NO compared to this year in NE.

How do you define "stars?"  How do you claim that Brees hasn't had his own fair share of WR's he's propped up?

Edited by jmc12290

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Tough call but think Brees might be a better QB and one would think as result have similar or better results than Brady. Similar debate if what if we took Marino instead of Kelly in '83. 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we'd have at least 1 SB win. Ironically, Marino fell in the draft due to a false report of drug use, and as it turned out the Bills lost their SBs largely because Kelly just could'nt NOT party during Super Bowl week.

Brady would still have more rings. When Brady has had a full offense he has put up numbers better then Brees anyway, but they both do what their teams ask of them to and are magnificent QB's to watch. To me I do look at the post season and Brady has been masterful there. Brees has been good in his chances but truthfully I would bet Vikings this weekend over Brees and the Saints. If Brady was the QB it'd be NOLA.  Also elements do matter Brady is good outside, inside, good weather, bad weather etc.. Brees does have a bit of regression outdoors.

In the end it just is preference. Some Bills fans will never give Brady his due because he is on our rivals and will find any criticism they can against him the same way Falcon or Panther fans probably do with Brees and that is straight up preference/bias. Personally I think Peyton Manning while one of the all time greats is actually below Brady and Brees but many others would have him ahead of both. It really just comes down to what you value to decide your hierarchy. I do value post-season performance and stats together, others only one or the other.

If you were asking straight up who is the best QB in terms of perfection to the position I would say Aaron Rodgers, but he only has one ring and I would argue his team/mgmt holds him back in that regard.

The Patriots offensive game plan is more important than the QBs in my opinion.  The Patriots have plugged guys like Cassel into that offense and they were successful.  So, I have no doubt that Brees could have been successful in it as well.  What makes that offense so unique is that it requires a certain type of receiver to be successful.  The Patriots organization excels at recognizing otherwise average talent that will be successful in that offense.

11 minutes ago, Murdox said:

The Patriots offensive game plan is more important than the QBs in my opinion.  The Patriots have plugged guys like Cassel into that offense and they were successful.  So, I have no doubt that Brees could have been successful in it as well.  What makes that offense so unique is that it requires a certain type of receiver to be successful.  The Patriots organization excels at recognizing otherwise average talent that will be successful in that offense.

This argument really pisses me off. The year they plugged Cassel in the Pats had just went 18-1 with the exact same lineup coming back. It wasn't like this was some average division winner with some talent, they were one David Tyree insane catch from being the best team period the previous year and many have wondered what that team would've been had Brady been healthy in 08. Other then that they've plugged Jimmy G for a whopping game and half and Jacoby Brisset for two and half games. Who else exactly have they "plugged in"?

Every great offense ever has been a product of great QB and with a scheme that their talent maximizes. Dan Fouts Air Corryell, Joe Montana West Coast, Jim Kelly K Gun etc... There is a reason why the offenses are hard to replicate at those levels yet are copied soo much. Brady has done an excellent job working a system that maximizes his slot WR and TE in the middle to create space while having a deep threat on the outside to break the defense.

I would rather Buffalo fans who can't stand the Patriots/Brady to any degree just say so and be done because the bias shows so dam badly and wrecks good conversations like this comparing two great QBs.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Moss was legit, but was only their leading receiver once. 

Cooks has never been the pats leading reciver.

Gronk has been leading receiver in the twilight of Brady's career---and Brady won a SB last year without Gronk (Edelman was leading receiver), to go with the 3 other rings he got before he met Gronk.

Im just speaking in terms of talent.  That Corey Dillon year made me sick.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Brady would still have more rings. When Brady has had a full offense he has put up numbers better then Brees anyway, but they both do what their teams ask of them to and are magnificent QB's to watch. To me I do look at the post season and Brady has been masterful there. Brees has been good in his chances but truthfully I would bet Vikings this weekend over Brees and the Saints. If Brady was the QB it'd be NOLA.  Also elements do matter Brady is good outside, inside, good weather, bad weather etc.. Brees does have a bit of regression outdoors.

In the end it just is preference. Some Bills fans will never give Brady his due because he is on our rivals and will find any criticism they can against him the same way Falcon or Panther fans probably do with Brees and that is straight up preference/bias. Personally I think Peyton Manning while one of the all time greats is actually below Brady and Brees but many others would have him ahead of both. It really just comes down to what you value to decide your hierarchy. I do value post-season performance and stats together, others only one or the other.

If you were asking straight up who is the best QB in terms of perfection to the position I would say Aaron Rodgers, but he only has one ring and I would argue his team/mgmt holds him back in that regard.

BB is just so important.

I think pound for pound, Brady is better than Brees.  The question is if having the GOAT at coaching gives Brees the edge over Brady to win more.  I say yes.  I actually think Peyton and BB win more than Brady with Dungy too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What the?

Tom Brady is the best player I have seen, at his position, in any professional sport.  I'm not convinced that Drew Brees is even considered to be in the Top Five all time Quarterbacks.

I would throw Gretzky in there with Brady.

...have to agree.....Brees has always been a "ME" guy and put strains on Saints' cap situation with his salary demands.......and to carry "ME" a step forward, he's always been a stat boy.......STRICTLY my opinion, but 2 traits that do NOT warm me up to him.....hate 'em all you want, but Brady and Belichick are in a league of their own........

Brees, but he wouldn't have 5 rings I don't think.

He would probably have 3-4 with NE, and Brady would probably have 2 in NO.

Just a guess of course, no one has any idea.

Brees is a great QB but he's not Tom Brady

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The same or more.   

No way he would have more than 5 rings.

You think Brees is a better QB than Brady?

Throw out who had the better teams/defences/playmakers.

If you have to pick a QB to win 1 game (both in their primes) who do you take, Brady or Brees?

Edited by billsfan11

In this scenario does Brees agree to play with a contact well below market value in order that his team be able to be stocked with additional talent, or does he have the same contracts he's played under in New Orleans which forced the Saints to make very tough personnel decisions?

I often think the dome issue is overhyped but I think it’s got to be a factor in this conversation. I’m not sure Brees has the build to have sustained success in the elements the way Brady has. 

I think if you gave brees the entire pats organization dropped into nola he’d have a MONSTER career. 

If you send drew to Boston, I’m not sure what happens 

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In this scenario does Brees agree to play with a contact well below market value in order that his team be able to be stocked with additional talent, or does he have the same contracts he's played under in New Orleans which forced the Saints to make very tough personnel decisions?

To be honest- Drew’s contract has paid him very well, but it’s nowhere near they top reasons the saints had major cap struggles. Gallette and Graham were waaaaay bigger issues. Among several others 

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

Brady is a killer in the playoffs.....when it matters....Brees, not as much.....

In 12 games he has over 3900 yards 26 TDs and 7ints

extrapolates that’s over 5200 yards 35 TDs and 9 ints for a 16 game “season”

its a 7-5 playoff record but honestly 2 of those he lost on the defense giving up a final drive score after he took the lead and one was an OT loss with the chargers (don’t remember the story)

hes been pretty excellent in the post season  

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

In 12 games he has over 3900 yards 26 TDs and 7ints

extrapolates that’s over 5200 yards 35 TDs and 9 ints for a 16 game “season”

its a 7-5 playoff record but honestly 2 of those he lost on the defense giving up a final drive score after he took the lead and one was an OT loss with the chargers (don’t remember the story)

hes been pretty excellent in the post season  

Don't get me wrong...Brees is an excellent QB...but compare to Brady, it's not really close....