brees vs brady

nuklz2594

Easy.  Brees.

People argue if Brady's made Belichick look good or vice versa.   I think it's pretty obvious though that it's a two- way street.  They've each contributed to the other's success.  

Brady might be GOAT but Brees is awfully talented.  A Belichick-Brees combo would have been scary good.  

The one player that I really regret the Bills not signing was Drew Brees. After the 2005 season we should have offered him a huge contract and got him here. I remember thinking at the time that he would be a great fit here and then he goes to the Saints. Looking back, how in the hell do the Bills stand pat with Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman when Brees was there for the taking. Brees had some shoulder issues but overrated blowhard Donahoe should have had at least the brainpower to see a stud QB when it was right in front of him.  Did Ralph get cheap?? They had just come off a really pathetic season in 2005 as well. Still makes me mad thinking of the missed opportunity. The drought would have been over after 6 seasons had we got him, instead it was another decade on ineptitude!!

The organizational structure of the **Pats over the last 15 years has been much better than that of the Saints. Plus, Brees is a better QB. 

But Brees was no where close to the player then, that he is now. No one knew Brees would go on to be one of the best QBs of all time. Brady had already won 3 rings at that point. 

Hard to say, really. What if Bledsoe never gets injured? Or Brees? 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Its going to be an interesting Super Bowl match up this year. Pulling for Drew. To answer your question, I think its a lot closer than the media would have you believe, but I take Brady if given the choice. 

Edited by rodneykm

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many rings does Brees win when his top receivers are Wes Welker, Edelman, David Givens, Try Brown and Deoin Branch?  And a bunch or retread RBs?

You mean as opposed to the Devery Hendersons, Willie Sneads, Lance Moores and Robert Meachems of the world?  

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You mean as opposed to the Devery Hendersons, Willie Sneads, Lance Moores and Robert Meachems of the world?  

I left them out because 3 of them were never Brees's top receivers.

You decided not to mention: Colston, Cooks.

5 hours ago, nuklz2594 said:

question?  if drew brees was a patriot and brady was a saint....who would have more rings?

Im guessing this will be unanimous mostly of saying that if Brees and Brady had swapped places for their career, that the rings advantage would also swap.  However, if we remove Brady hate biased, I don't know its that cut and dry.  

1. Belichick is the real deal, and one of the greatest football minds ever.  So which ever QB plays for him has a distinct advantage.  Plus the Patriots over the same time period have had more talented overall rosters more often than the Saints did.  
  2. HOWEVER:  Brady, IMO, is still the better overall QB.  I don't know that Brees automatically has the same rings Brady does.  Brees is a different QB outdoors, on the road, etc then when he is at home, in a dome, etc.  Brady is lethal where ever he goes.  I dont think going to NE would beat the Pats would be as tough against a Brees led version vs a Brady led version because Brady is without question the better outdoor and bad weather QB.

So I would still say that if they switched teams, that Brees probably has more rings than Brady given the BB presence and the better rosters...but he would NOT have had as much success as Brady in NE or as many rings as Brady does now as a Pat.  And on the flip side, I think Brady would have more than 1 ring had he had been a Saint instead.  Brees is one of the GOAT's for sure, but comparatively Brady is better.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

And Jimmy Graham.

You left out Moss, Gronk and Cooks.

Brady has had more offensive talent overall than Brees.

Moss was legit, but was only their leading receiver once. 

Cooks has never been the pats leading reciver.

Gronk has been leading receiver in the twilight of Brady's career---and Brady won a SB last year without Gronk (Edelman was leading receiver), to go with the 3 other rings he got before he met Gronk.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Moss was legit, but was only their leading receiver once. 

Cooks has never been the pats leading reciver.

Gronk has been leading receiver in the twilight of Brady's career---and Brady won a SB last year without Gronk (Edelman was leading receiver), to go with the 3 other rings he got before he met Gronk.

Would that point to Brees being able to get more out of his WR's than Brady?