Jump to content
nuklz2594

brees vs brady

Recommended Posts

Easy.  Brees.

 

People argue if Brady's made Belichick look good or vice versa.   I think it's pretty obvious though that it's a two- way street.  They've each contributed to the other's success.  

 

Brady might be GOAT but Brees is awfully talented.  A Belichick-Brees combo would have been scary good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, nuklz2594 said:

question?  if drew brees was a patriot and brady was a saint....who would have more rings?

 

The team with the NFL on its side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough call but think Brees might be a better QB and one would think as result have similar or better results than Brady. Similar debate if what if we took Marino instead of Kelly in '83. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one player that I really regret the Bills not signing was Drew Brees. After the 2005 season we should have offered him a huge contract and got him here. I remember thinking at the time that he would be a great fit here and then he goes to the Saints. Looking back, how in the hell do the Bills stand pat with Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman when Brees was there for the taking. Brees had some shoulder issues but overrated blowhard Donahoe should have had at least the brainpower to see a stud QB when it was right in front of him.  Did Ralph get cheap?? They had just come off a really pathetic season in 2005 as well. Still makes me mad thinking of the missed opportunity. The drought would have been over after 6 seasons had we got him, instead it was another decade on ineptitude!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The organizational structure of the **Pats over the last 15 years has been much better than that of the Saints. Plus, Brees is a better QB. 

 

But Brees was no where close to the player then, that he is now. No one knew Brees would go on to be one of the best QBs of all time. Brady had already won 3 rings at that point. 

 

Hard to say, really. What if Bledsoe never gets injured? Or Brees? 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its going to be an interesting Super Bowl match up this year. Pulling for Drew. To answer your question, I think its a lot closer than the media would have you believe, but I take Brady if given the choice. 

Edited by rodneykm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nuklz2594 said:

question?  if drew brees was a patriot and brady was a saint....who would have more rings?

Seriously, sucks to say, I think Brady has more rings no matter where Brees and Brady played.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many rings does Brees win when his top receivers are Wes Welker, Edelman, David Givens, Try Brown and Deoin Branch?  And a bunch or retread RBs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many rings does Brees win when his top receivers are Wes Welker, Edelman, David Givens, Try Brown and Deoin Branch?  And a bunch or retread RBs?

 

You mean as opposed to the Devery Hendersons, Willie Sneads, Lance Moores and Robert Meachems of the world?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

 

You mean as opposed to the Devery Hendersons, Willie Sneads, Lance Moores and Robert Meachems of the world?  

 

I left them out because 3 of them were never Brees's top receivers.

 

You decided not to mention: Colston, Cooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

I left them out because 3 of them were never Brees's top receivers.

 

You decided not to mention: Colston, Cooks.

 

And Jimmy Graham.

 

You left out Moss, Gronk and Cooks.

 

Brady has had more offensive talent overall than Brees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nuklz2594 said:

question?  if drew brees was a patriot and brady was a saint....who would have more rings?

 

Im guessing this will be unanimous mostly of saying that if Brees and Brady had swapped places for their career, that the rings advantage would also swap.  However, if we remove Brady hate biased, I don't know its that cut and dry.  

  1. Belichick is the real deal, and one of the greatest football minds ever.  So which ever QB plays for him has a distinct advantage.  Plus the Patriots over the same time period have had more talented overall rosters more often than the Saints did.  
  2. HOWEVER:  Brady, IMO, is still the better overall QB.  I don't know that Brees automatically has the same rings Brady does.  Brees is a different QB outdoors, on the road, etc then when he is at home, in a dome, etc.  Brady is lethal where ever he goes.  I dont think going to NE would beat the Pats would be as tough against a Brees led version vs a Brady led version because Brady is without question the better outdoor and bad weather QB.

So I would still say that if they switched teams, that Brees probably has more rings than Brady given the BB presence and the better rosters...but he would NOT have had as much success as Brady in NE or as many rings as Brady does now as a Pat.  And on the flip side, I think Brady would have more than 1 ring had he had been a Saint instead.  Brees is one of the GOAT's for sure, but comparatively Brady is better.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

 

And Jimmy Graham.

 

You left out Moss, Gronk and Cooks.

 

Brady has had more offensive talent overall than Brees.

 

Moss was legit, but was only their leading receiver once. 

Cooks has never been the pats leading reciver.

Gronk has been leading receiver in the twilight of Brady's career---and Brady won a SB last year without Gronk (Edelman was leading receiver), to go with the 3 other rings he got before he met Gronk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Moss was legit, but was only their leading receiver once. 

Cooks has never been the pats leading reciver.

Gronk has been leading receiver in the twilight of Brady's career---and Brady won a SB last year without Gronk (Edelman was leading receiver), to go with the 3 other rings he got before he met Gronk.

Would that point to Brees being able to get more out of his WR's than Brady?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Would that point to Brees being able to get more out of his WR's than Brady?

 

Only if you don't consider everything else I posted above indicating the opposite...

 

Look what Brady did with Welker and Edelman

Edited by Mr. WEO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

 

Only if you don't consider everything else I posted above indicating the opposite...

In reality, we only have 1 WR who played with both QB's in the near peaks of their careers.

 

That WR was clearly better with Brees than with Brady.  

 

Isn't that stronger evidence than any hypotheticals you care to muster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

In reality, we only have 1 WR who played with both QB's in the near peaks of their careers.

 

That WR was clearly better with Brees than with Brady.  

 

Isn't that stronger evidence than any hypotheticals you care to muster?

 

Cooks caught for over 1000 yards (not much different than 2 best years in NO), had highest career YPC and he wasn't even the teams top receiver, so the obvious answer is no.

 

Hypotheticals? It's long been true that Brady's had to make stars out of lesser players as the roster has high turnover

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Cooks caught for over 1000 yards (not much different than 2 best years in NO), had highest career YPC and he wasn't even the teams top receiver, so the obvious answer is no.

 

Hypotheticals? It's long been true that Brady's had to make stars out of lesser players as the roster has high turnover

 

 

 

How do you define top receiver?  Cooks was the most targeted Patriot in the passing game this year.  He also had more catches, more TD's and more yards in the last two years in NO compared to this year in NE.

 

How do you define "stars?"  How do you claim that Brees hasn't had his own fair share of WR's he's propped up?

Edited by jmc12290

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Tough call but think Brees might be a better QB and one would think as result have similar or better results than Brady. Similar debate if what if we took Marino instead of Kelly in '83. 

 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we'd have at least 1 SB win. Ironically, Marino fell in the draft due to a false report of drug use, and as it turned out the Bills lost their SBs largely because Kelly just could'nt NOT party during Super Bowl week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×