Cordy Glenn for Andy Dalton

uticaclub

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I get the sense that this regime would gladly trade Glenn for whatever deal they can get for him. I don't understand their position. Last year, he was hurt but overall he has not only been sturdy but also a very good player. I don't care if he plays on the right or  left side or even inside for that matter, why deal off a good OL player and create another hole when you can keep him and upgrade the line in general?

Agreed on your thoughts on Cordy.

Also agree on your thoughts on this regime with him.  I have same eerie feeling and I hope I am wrong.

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

No thanks. Dalton is no where near as good a QB as Glenn is an OT when healthy. 

not sure I agree with that .   

I wrote in another link that Dalton could be a sleeper pick to be the next qb.  Maybe the Bengals go with the cheaper option with a.j and trade Dalton for some assets. 

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I love that people  want the guy who can't beat out Andy Dalton to be out starting QB

There's maybe one person here that said they want him, almost everyone else said it's more likely you would be able to get him then Dalton straight up for Glenn

But as for AJ, who knows what he could end up being, Dalton was a high draft pick who has solidified himself as their starter, almost all teams aren't going to just switch from that unless they had to and Dalton hasn't been bad enough to make them think of making a change. It's not like people are arguing for the Bills to trade for Blake Bortles backup......

19 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

There's maybe one person here that said they want him, almost everyone else said it's more likely you would be able to get him then Dalton straight up for Glenn

But as for AJ, who knows what he could end up being, Dalton was a high draft pick who has solidified himself as their starter, almost all teams aren't going to just switch from that unless they had to and Dalton hasn't been bad enough to make them think of making a change. It's not like people are arguing for the Bills to trade for Blake Bortles backup......

If the Bengals are willing to let McCarron go knowing Dalton is on his last legs, what does that tell you about McCarron?

22 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If the Bengals are willing to let McCarron go knowing Dalton is on his last legs, what does that tell you about McCarron?

Dalton is on his last legs? Where is that coming from?

What does it tell you about Garapollo that the Pats were willing to deal him with Brady in his 40s? And no other backup on the roster at that time?

Edited by apuszczalowski

8 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

You know he put "Hotrod" into the playoffs with a throw that Taylor could only dream about. 

I'd also take 2 more playoff years in a row while our rookie learns on the bench. 

If Hotrod hadn't brought us back from 7 down in the 4th vs Bucs or Joe Webb III not  thrown that pass and Thompson catching it in the Snow Bowl or Shady running it in from 20 yard out with  a nice block from Richie, would Dalton's pass still have gotten us in?

This is dumb. You gotta think man. Playoffs are based on the whole season.

I got one for you. If Drop Zone had caught that pass that hit him in the hands on the goal line vs the  Panthers, we would have been 5th seed.

If its and buts ...

We made the playoffs with Hotrod at QB. Deal with it.

52 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

What on earth are you talking about. Dalton is like 30.......How is that last legs?

3300 yards,25 touchdowns 12 interceptions. Wish a bills QB was on his last legs like that.

Edited by mob16151

Fidgeting with my Luck-y rabbits foot, rubbing a bald mans head for Luck and wishing for Andrew Luck

if ever he’s gonna be made available, it’s this off season where no one has seen him play effectively for 2 years and an entire new staff will be brought in in Indy.  

Instant championship contender.

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Fool's gold.

Dalton had absolutely nothing to lose making  that throw.

...and did you see all the throws that preceded that one?  He sucked.

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If Hotrod hadn't brought us back from 7 down in the 4th vs Bucs or Joe Webb III not  thrown that pass and Thompson catching it in the Snow Bowl or Shady running it in from 20 yard out with  a nice block from Richie, would Dalton's pass still have gotten us in?

This is dumb. You gotta think man. Playoffs are based on the whole season.

I got one for you. If Drop Zone had caught that pass that hit him in the hands on the goal line vs the  Panthers, we would have been 5th seed.

If its and buts ...

We made the playoffs with Hotrod at QB. Deal with it.

1. Ok, show me the clutch throws that Taylor has made in any situation like that.  The point is that Dalton CAN do it. Our current QB either can't or won't. 

2. Thompson was as wide open as any WR could possibly be on that 44 yard toss. Great play, absolutely. But let's not pretend it was the "Immaculate Reception" or anything. 

3. Absolutely correct. Despite not having a legitimate starting QB on the roster, the Bills were able to keep themselves in a position where a great throw on 4th down from an actual starting QB in a an entirely different game punched their ticket to Wild Card Weekend. The Bills and Tyrod did the work to benefit from some help, and deserve all of the recognition that comes with it. 

4. You know, watching that last throw in the Panthers game again -- maybe it was just poor execution from both QB & WR. See, the problem is that Taylor doesn't exactly have a reputation for making accurate throws, so I tend more towards him misfiring and that forced Jones to adjust awkwardly. But it's possible that Jones ran his route to the wrong place, but still, Tyrod has to be able to put that ball right on his wide-open receiver. 

5. This is a factual and correct statement, yes. 

15 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Marvin Lewis was told to clean house 

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

both have similar contracts for their respective positions. Thoughts?

if you’re going to say we don’t need a QB because we have Tyrod, please watch any all22 from the last 3 years

Well considering Dalton and TT have almost the same stats in most measurable categories despite Dalton being in the same system and playing with a great WR group, including an Elite WR, his whole career would tell me no.  If you dont want TT, Dalton isnt that much of an upgrade IMO.  

Draft our QB, trade Glenn for more picks, and reload our holes.  

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well considering Dalton and TT have almost the same stats in most measurable categories despite Dalton being in the same system and playing with a great WR group, including an Elite WR, his whole career would tell me no.  If you dont want TT, Dalton isnt that much of an upgrade IMO.  

Draft our QB, trade Glenn for more picks, and reload our holes.  

Have you actually looked at their stays over the last 3 years. The only thing Tyrod does better is throw a few less picks,and run. Any NFL team takes Dalton over Tyrod 10 times out of 10

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Dalton is on his last legs? Where is that coming from?

What does it tell you about Garapollo that the Pats were willing to deal him with Brady in his 40s? And no other backup on the roster at that time?

That they obviously made a mistake and are having front office issues - or didn't you read about that last week? 

14 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

Have you actually looked at their stays over the last 3 years. The only thing Tyrod does better is throw a few less picks,and run. Any NFL team takes Dalton over Tyrod 10 times out of 10

Really?  Well first off, being better does not indicate how MUCH better.  

1. Dalton averages just a measly 5 more combined yards than TT per game.
  2. Dalton averages only .3 more TD's per game
  3. Dalton averages a full turnover more per game than TT.
  4. Dalton also has the benefit of playing 7 seasons as a starter and throwing to AJ Green his whole career along with other good weapons at WR.
  5. Dalton also has had staff stability, while TT had 4 OC's in last 4 seasons with 3 different Head Coaches going back to Baltimore.
  6. Dalton ONLY averages 30 yards more per game passing...BUT Dalton averages 5 more attempts per game than TT.  Considering TT averages 7 yards per ATTEMPT, then TT would actually average 5 more passing yards than Dalton and about 35 MORE total yards than Dalton. 
  7. Dalton has only broken 4000 yards 3 times in his career despite being healthy most his entire career, being in a pass oriented offense with talented weapons around him including one of the 5 best WR's in the NFL his entire career.

So again, I dont know how anyone can say a guy who essentially averages around the same production is "no doubt" better while also turning the ball over a lot more.  Not to mention Dalton has been paid and costs a lot more too.

So YES, I have checked the stats.  Despite the advantages Dalton has had, he has done much more with it.  So NO on Dalton, go DRAFT our QB and trade Glenn for Picks to keep filling holes around this team behind a new prospect to develop for the future.

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm curious, though, how did Dalton screw up in the playoffs five years in a row when he only appeared in the playoffs in four years?

You're Right.  It was FOUR instead of FIVE.

In those 4 games he threw 1 TD and 6 interceptions.

In his last appearance he threw 0 TDs and 3 picks.

His first appearance he threw 0 TDs and 1 pick just like Hotrod did Sunday.

Real clutch guy.

Edited by reddogblitz