Cordy Glenn for Andy Dalton

uticaclub

Once again I have to explain that Glenn is a solid OT in a time when OL of his caliber are hard to come by. It's obvious that replacing him would be a very difficult task, if not impossible. Granted this assumes that the foot surgery he recently had will restore him to 99%. This would be a real competitive disadvantage and I honestly don't think we'd do any better than Mills as a replacement as other teams aren't likely to let good OT's walk.

As far as Dalton is concerned, he is marginally better than TT and we'd have to fork over probably more than he's worth since he once had a good season. We'd be locked into a mediocre QB for the long term. And again, I want to win the SB, not just show up for wild card weekend then go home.

9 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Marvin Lewis was told to clean house 

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

both have similar contracts for their respective positions. Thoughts?

if you’re going to say we don’t need a QB because we have Tyrod, please watch any all22 from the last 3 years

I wonder how long it would be before Bills fans would start hating Andy Dalton if he played for Buffalo?

8 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

No.

Dalton has a special place in Bills history...

...let's not make everyone hate him and run him out of town.

Funny, but, true.

He's our golden child, I mean, ginger child!

Edited by Manther

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Aren't we mad at Hotrod for disappearing in a first round playoff game? Andy Dalton did it FIVE years IN A row.

You know Dalton did what Hotrod did last Sunday 5 years In a row right? He stunk in those playoff games.

Get him on the team and you'll probably be leaving games at half time again next year.

He would be more of a mentor bridge QB then Tyrod would ever be IMO.

He has shown to not worry about throwing the ball over what we have now with timidTyrod.

He is not one that blames race and he is one that uses the system given not a special Tyalor made short bus system.

It would be nice to have all QBs on the same page.

He is also a big reason that broke the Bills drought, it is almost like a fate thing with him. I will take Dalton over Tyrod anyday for a mentor for the new young QB drafted this year.

Franchise QB no, mentor bridge, yes

Dalton over Tyrod and it is not even close

Edited by xRUSHx

29 minutes ago, Manther said:

Funny, but, true.

He's our golden child, I mean, ginger child!

Exactly.

I love him now, but we would start complaining about him as soon as he threw an incomplete pass.

He is not our QB of the future. Getting Dalton is actually a real concern for me. After he beat the Ravens, the first thing to pop in my head (besides omg we made the playoffs!) was "oh no, he's going to be in Buffalo next year". 

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Exactly.

I love him now, but we would start complaining about him as soon as he threw an incomplete pass.

He is not our QB of the future. Getting Dalton is actually a real concern for me. After he beat the Ravens, the first thing to pop in my head (besides omg we made the playoffs!) was "oh no, he's going to be in Buffalo next year". 

He would be a bridge man, funny how the guys that want to stick with Tyrod paint such a dark picture of fans. He would not be considered a franchise QB just a better step in the right direction over the 54 yard, one FG Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Now that our playoff drought is over, I'm not willing to settle for a mediocre quarterback.

When we were looking at 17 years with no playoffs, I was willing to stick with guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Orton and Tyrod Taylor -- because I believed it was important for this franchise and these fans to just finally make the postseason.  Those guys had a high floor and low ceiling, and had a chance to get us to 10 wins. 

Guys like Dalton and Alex Smith do nothing for me.  Those guys won't get us past the Wild Card Round, unless we have an elite defense to carry them.  Let's do our homework and land our franchise QB in the draft.

I like that way of looking at it.  

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

He would be a bridge man, funny how the guys that want to stick with Tyrod paint such a dark picture of fans. He would not be considered a franchise QB just a better step in the right direction over the 54 yard, one FG Tyrod.

I don't want Tyrod and I'm not painting a dark pic of fans. Don't put thoughts in my mouth.

Dalton is not good. Bills fans want a good QB. Since he is not a good QB, we would complain.

Jesus.

52 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Once again I have to explain that Glenn is a solid OT in a time when OL of his caliber are hard to come by. It's obvious that replacing him would be a very difficult task, if not impossible. Granted this assumes that the foot surgery he recently had will restore him to 99%. This would be a real competitive disadvantage and I honestly don't think we'd do any better than Mills as a replacement as other teams aren't likely to let good OT's walk.

As far as Dalton is concerned, he is marginally better than TT and we'd have to fork over probably more than he's worth since he once had a good season. We'd be locked into a mediocre QB for the long term. And again, I want to win the SB, not just show up for wild card weekend then go home.

Glenn is such a question mark,  IMO take the risk and move on while he still has value. IMO Daltons contract can be reworked so he can be the starter with big incentives a short time then retire a backup here on a modest backup contract. I do not see the big issue you are painting. He is not a Manning type signing IMO.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We’ve officially lost our minds!! Do people honestly think that a team will trade their starting QB for an injured left tackle?!? 

200w.gif

It would be funny If they did, hell we could give them the great Tyrod. Glenn and Tyrod for Dalton, straight up. Did you see where Tyrod is rated in some places. Haha

Dalton is no franchise QB but he would be a good bridge for the QB drafted this year  IMO and for that price, lol

Edited by xRUSHx

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We’ve officially lost our minds!! Do people honestly think that a team will trade their starting QB for an injured left tackle?!? 

200w.gif

I get the sense that this regime would gladly trade Glenn for whatever deal they can get for him. I don't understand their position. Last year, he was hurt but overall he has not only been sturdy but also a very good player. I don't care if he plays on the right or  left side or even inside for that matter, why deal off a good OL player and create another hole when you can keep him and upgrade the line in general?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I don't want Tyrod and I'm not painting a dark pic of fans. Don't put thoughts in my mouth.

Dalton is not good. Bills fans want a good QB. Since he is not a good QB, we would complain.

Jesus.

Hey man I just hate the dark picture of fans not supporting it is a tactic I hear all to often when the Tyrod pushers talk about a young QB here. Sorry about the snarky remark at you.

5 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

You know he put "Hotrod" into the playoffs with a throw that Taylor could only dream about. 

I'd also take 2 more playoff years in a row while our rookie learns on the bench. 

Fool's gold.

Dalton had absolutely nothing to lose making  that throw.

...and did you see all the throws that preceded that one?  He sucked.

10 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Marvin Lewis was told to clean house 

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

both have similar contracts for their respective positions. Thoughts?

if you’re going to say we don’t need a QB because we have Tyrod, please watch any all22 from the last 3 years

Sounds like Russ Brandon is back in control. This would be a great media story if we ended up with Andy Dalton.