Mahomes the next Blaine Gabbert ?

ndirish1978

Scroll up for further guidance in responding...

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

McDermott passed on Mahomes, not Beane. Beane wasn’t here yet. And yes, it was a HUGE mistake. I doubt whoever we get will be as good as Mahomes.  

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wake me when Mahomes actually does something in the NFL.  Much less becomes a franchise QB.  Then we can talk about whether it was a mistake to pass on him or not.

Scroll up for further assistance in responding to this thread.

If Mahomes is the next Gabbert............I will feel half good about the trade.  The other half good would be if Watson doesn't pan out.

However, I can feel good about the trade regardless for the fact the staff (not being complete at the time) didn't do the research and grading on the draft.  I could appreciate they may not have trusted the previous regimes grading to make it their one big swing at a QB.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Was not drafting Mahomes the first big coup made by Beane?

Figured we needed balance on the board. 

Ridiculous considering Beane wasn't even hired at the time.  If you want to be specific it was Doug Whaley who passed on Mahones since he was GM at the time right???

52 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Mahomes is going to be more like Brett Favre than Blaine Gabbert. Deshaun Watson got off to a hot start but I still think Mahomes is going to be the crown jewel of that draft class.

Too early to tell....welll too early.....watson showed way much more.....he had more playing time obviously and this kid killed it....hindsight....wish we would of pulled the trigger on him.....

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Mahomes is not the next Gabbert. Anyone that knows anything can easily see he is the next Christian Ponder. Or even Brady Quinn.

For his sake I hope he is the next Christian Ponder. Brady Quinn makes me want to cancel my lifetime subscription to Sirius radio!!!