Arden Key- Do we roll the dice on him?

NewEra

Not really a McDermott type but he’s a great talent.  Character issues pushing him down the draft boards.  Is he this years edge rusher version of Robert Nkimdiche?  Could he play OLB in a 4-3 or strictly a DE?  I’m assuming DE but at 240 is he too light? I’m sure we’d get him up to 255 or so but could he hold up vs the run?  

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not really a McDermott type but he’s a great talent.  Character issues pushing him down the draft boards.  Is he this years edge rusher version of Robert Nkimdiche?  Could he play OLB in a 4-3 or strictly a DE?  I’m assuming DE but at 240 is he too light? I’m sure we’d get him up to 255 or so but could he hold up vs the run?  

Sounds like Aaron Maybin weight...but I don't know much about the guy either.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

DE should not be in our top 5 priorities, which should be, in order:

1- QB

2- QB

3- DT

4 - LB

5 - RT

Since Key is likely to be a 1st rd pick, I'd have to say no. 

RT?  It’s already a foregone conclusion that Glenn is gone?  Right guard, for sure.  Needed desperately 

2 hours ago, mob16151 said:

Kind of reminds me of Micheal Sam as a prospect.

Meaning I don't think he's super athletic,and don't think he's going to be any good as a pro......that is all.

Reminds me a little of Quinton Coples. Has all the traits to be a monster talent, just not sure he’s ready for the next level

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Character issues and lacks a position? Not a great job selling him.

Never on a McDermott team.  I am thinking Sam Hubbard is high on our board

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

DE should not be in our top 5 priorities, which should be, in order:

1- QB

2- QB

3- DT

4 - LB

5 - RT

1a-qb

1a-pass rushers

2-DT

3-LBers

4-WR

5-G

6-CB

25 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Character issues and lacks a position? Not a great job selling him.

I’m not really in the business of selling.  Just discussing.  Know anything else about him?  I just remember watching him prior to this season thinking he’d be a top 10 pick. While DE isn’t our number 1 priority, if we go the route of QB in free agency we may not be selecting a qb with our first couple picks. Opening the door for BPA.  Any chance he’s the BPA?  If he’s that much of a character concern maybe he’ll slip to rd 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not really in the business of selling.  Just discussing.  Know anything else about him?  I just remember watching him prior to this season thinking he’d be a top 10 pick. While DE isn’t our number 1 priority, if we go the route of QB in free agency we may not be selecting a qb with our first couple picks. Opening the door for BPA.  Any chance he’s the BPA?  If he’s that much of a character concern maybe he’ll slip to rd 2

I just thought it amusing. Clearly you like the guy or you wouldn’t have brought him up, but it was all cons and no positives. Most folks probably aren’t super familiar so your post probably reads as “this guys trouble and has no position, think we should spend a high pick on him?!?”