Sign in to follow this  
NewEraBills

PFF End of Season QB Rankings

This is awesome news!

I hope this means he's worth no less than a second round pick when we trade him.

• Like 2

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

a notch down from Aaron Rodgers. Looks right to me. 

And better than Stafford, Bortles better than Goff, Cam 26th LOL

The individual items PFF currently grades may be ok and (+ -) they may be grading them fairly well.

However, the sum of their items doesn't seem to consistently make sense which may mean they need more (or different) items.

As an example, maybe they should also be grading (not necessarily equally):

- Placement

- Best choice

- Ball fakes

- Timeliness

Some of these would be subjective, though probably never as challenging as trying to figure out ESPN's (QBR).

They seem to be pretty serious about their output, so I think their algorithm will continue to improve.

27 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Doug Flutie criticized Rob Johnson for protecting his QB rating, I think that same criticism can be placed on Taylor.

I remember that, Flute just wanted to win not pad the stats, it's what winners do. I agree with your post about the criticism.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

That's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

I am not a TT hater as some of you here, but there is no way he is 12th.

He's probably around 22-24 in my opinion

I would think about 30th-40th.

15 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

He's better than most of you guys think and he's worse than a few of you guys think.

Welcome to TBD 2018.

I hate Brady!

I didn’t used too.....his actions have forced me to hate him!

19 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

He's better than most of you guys think and he's worse than a few of you guys think.

Welcome to TBD 2018.

He's not the #12 best QB in football.

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Pff ia pretty goos at what they do, and scott barratte one of their writers is on point. Ive had so much success this past season in the daily fantasy industry because of the stuff he writes. Ive also used pff tools. 

Getting people to read complete garbage online?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't get these convoluted stats. I guess PFF stands for pretty funny facts...the eye test has him ranked in the bottom 5 with Bortles. 

Pretty Far Fetched is more like it ;) 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Manther said:

I would think about 30th-40th.

I hate Brady!

I didn’t used too.....his actions have forced me to hate him!

30th to 40th? Come on man lol.

So kizer, Trubisky, And siemian were better than Tyrod last year ?

Edited by billsfan11

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

30th to 40th? Come on man lol.

So kizer, Trubisky, And siemian were better than Tyrod last year ?

Depends on how you are grading.  But, I think I would prefer those QBs than Tyrod.

If you take Shady's ability and gains vs other RBs AND look at the plays/yards/points TT leaves on the field.  I think I would prefer almost anyone within reason.  I think that within reason line is right about there with Kizer and Siemian.  So, maybe I would have TT 25-35th then?

9 minutes ago, Manther said:

Depends on how you are grading.  But, I think I would prefer those QBs than Tyrod.

If you take Shady's ability and gains vs other RBs AND look at the plays/yards/points TT leaves on the field.  I think I would prefer almost anyone within reason.  I think that within reason line is right about there with Kizer and Siemian.  So, maybe I would have TT 25-35th then?

Disagree with you but it’s all good. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on Tyrod

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not a Tyrod-hater but I do believe this proves PFF looks at - and weighs things - wrongly.

They have a unique method of analysis that often tries to look at things in a unique manner. It works really well in O-line and D-line measurements, I think it is solid in WR and RB analysis but QB's and secondary they need to adjust some metrics. I think Tyrod would rank somewhere between 18-25 depending on what you looked at and what your subjective analysis is. 12 is just insanely high, and I am not someone who hates Tyrod at all but that's just an insanely generous measurement. 

6 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I'm not a big fan of PFF because there are some things they do not account for but here are the season-ending QB rankings.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/final-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-player-grades-2017

I think what this ranking says, is that the metrics PFF uses and the tools they develop support Fantasy Football, not the games that are actually played on Sunday

• Haha 1

PFF grades are like DVOA.

completely invented and meaningless to actual outcomes.

• Like 2

I'm a PFF subscriber, only to their basic package mind you, and they do a really good job.  I find some of their statistical and analytical breakdowns extremely interesting.  However, they are a single source of information that one should factor into judgments and evaluations.  There are flaws to their methodology and there is still a high level of subjectiveness.  If you accept that before you start looking at their stuff you will find some really good nuggets.  

I post my Quarterback rankings once annually in the offseason and I will do the same again this year.  

It seems a little high i'd probably put Taylor about 15th because there is more to being a QB than throwing for 300 yards, protecting the ball and being able to throw under pressure are important too. We definitely need to improve as we need probably a top 5 QB to have any chance at our division til the Patriots* implode but we can have a 9-10 win season with Taylor and maybe win a playoff game. If we want more than that we need a new QB we all know that.

11 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

A team will be willing to offer their first-round pick for Taylor's services for sure!

Heh heh heh.

Absolutely. Who wouldn't trade a first round pick for the 12th best player in the league, a guy who was apparently better than Matt Stafford, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr, according to this list. We might get a 1st and a 3rd.

Hey, Tyrod was better than Goff, maybe the Rams would trade Goff for Tyrod!! Tyrod, Woods and Sammy together again!!

Have to say, I really like PFF's OL grades a lot.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Heh heh heh.

Absolutely. Who wouldn't trade a first round pick for the 12th best player in the league, a guy who was apparently better than Matt Stafford, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr, according to this list. We might get a 1st and a 3rd.

Hey, Tyrod was better than Goff, maybe the Rams would trade Goff for Tyrod!! Tyrod, Woods and Sammy together again!!

Have to say, I really like PFF's OL grades a lot.

Carr did have a really poor year.  I wouldn't argue that one as hard as I did Stafford, Cousins and Goff.  I'm not surprised to see Carr low down the rankings.  

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Does anyone think Beane will try to use this rating in negotiations for a trade?! Ha

A shame the metrics GM left Cleveland as maybe we could have passed Tyrod onto them.