PFF End of Season QB Rankings

NewEraBills

25 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Evaluating the play of the QBs THIS YEAR, yes. Isn't that what the original article that rattled you so much is about?

I stated that I would rather have any guy on my list ahead of tyrod as the bills qb.

You stated earlier that you would put him at 16-21 in the league on a QB ranking list

I said that 16 was absurd, and 21 was even pushing it, and that I found 21 guys (then added in luck and a couple more) whom I would rather my QB to start next year.

You proceeded to retort that Winston and Mariota were worse choices at QB than Taylor after my list.

If you think Tyrod is a better QB than either of them then you are hopeless to discuss QBs, or even football in general, with.

I would bet that we could offer a trade Tyrod and BOTH our firsts for Winston or Mariota and they GM would laugh himself into a coronary before hanging up.

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I stated that I would rather have any guy on my list ahead of tyrod as the bills qb.

You stated earlier that you would put him at 16-21 in the league on a QB ranking list

I said that 16 was absurd, and 21 was even pushing it, and that I found 21 guys (then added in luck and a couple more) whom I would rather my QB to start next year.

You proceeded to retort that Winston and Mariota were worse choices at QB than Taylor after my list.

If you think Tyrod is a better QB than either of them then you are hopeless to discuss QBs, or even football in general, with.

I would bet that we could offer a trade Tyrod and BOTH our firsts for Winston or Mariota and they GM would laugh himself into a coronary before hanging up.

We aren't talking about the same things. I'm sucking to the topic of the article that you disagreed with, you are talking about what you would do with the QB situation going forwards. Also, watch some Buccaneers and Titans games from this year.

God bless, not trying to argue.

On 1/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, nedboy7 said:

Stop it.  We dont need an efficient QB.  Never mind we made the playoffs finally after 17 years.  Clearly Tyrod is the worst qb to ever play the game. 

Is there an efficiency grade for him not getting the ball snapped on that reviewable Clay catch?..or other frequent non-interception mistakes?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

No, I'm asking the Bills to run the 10th and 12th highest scoring offenses from the past two years when Tyrod is our starter and draft a QB for the future in this draft. 

You originally said "scheming to your strengths". According to wikipedia:

The Oklahoma playbook describes the quarterback, the architect behind the Wishbone, as, "a running back who can throw."

McD & Beaner were laying the groundwork for the future this year and they weren't going to waste another season because the JV QB can't run a modern NFL offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

I agree. He's also better than a lot of QBs in football. Probably in between 16-21 imo and whether you like it or not, there are 32 starters.

Went back to your original disagreement.

That doesn't look like you are talking about the stats from this year.

That is worded that he is between the 16-21 best QB in football overall.

I followed saying he's worse than that, listing guys who are better.

You returned with Winston and Mariota are worse.

When I said that's CRAZY, suddenly you are back on the topic of the article alone.

Winston and Mariota are better than tyrod.

It's not even a question.

And don't act like you watched every single Titans and bucs game this year.

Talking about this year alone, Mariota had 5 game winning drives, 4 of them were 4Q come from behind.

That's more than tyrod has in his career.

I'll take that season over "efficient ratings darling" any day.

And Winston had a better year than Tyrod as well.

Tampa Bay didn't have a poor season bc Winston crapped the bed.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's not even close to the 16th best qb 

21 is a stretch, but a bit more reasonable

I'd put him 24-27 

He was 25th in yards.

Guys I'd definitely take over him:

Brady

Rivers

Stafford

Brees

Ben

Ryan

Cousins

Alex Smith

Wilson

Goff

Winston

Carr

Manning

Dalton

Newton

Wentz

Watson

Mariota

Flacco

Garoppolo

Rodgers

Trubisky

All guys who are either younger with more upside, already better than him, or veterans who are better

Sorry he isn't "16-21"

Yup, I would take every one of those guys over Tyrod.  Dak Prescott, who was forgot, McCown, Luck, Bradford, Bridgewater, Tannehill are better.

That's 28 QBs then throw in...

Mahomes

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Jackson

Mayfield

Rudolph

...and you now have 35 QBs that GMs would rather have than Tyrod Taylor. 

Sorry Tyrod but you suck and good luck finding work other than being a backup. Not happening. 

Edited by PeterGriffin
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Tcali said:

Is there an efficiency grade for him not getting the ball snapped on that reviewable Clay catch?..or other frequent non-interception mistakes?

You don’t get it. Which is fine. You deserve another 17 years of misery.  What an ungrateful bunch on mentally ill fans. 

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

You don’t get it. Which is fine. You deserve another 17 years of misery.  What an ungrateful bunch on mentally ill fans

The mentally ill are the ones who refuse to acknowledge how bad a QB Tyrod is despite the mountain of facts that paint the picture.

Why? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PeterGriffin said:

The mentally ill are the ones who refuse to acknowledge how bad a QB Tyrod is despite the mountain of facts that paint the picture.

Why? 

Mental illness is when you equate respecting a players effort with refusing to acknowledge their weaknesses.  I know tylor is a linited qb. He did get us into the playoffs and deserves some respect. I’m not saying we should have him a 100 mil extension. I know that’s a hard reach for some of you. 

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Mental illness is when you equate respecting a players effort with refusing to acknowledge their weaknesses.  I know tylor is a linited qb. He did get us into the playoffs and deserves some respect. I’m not saying we should have him a 100 mil extension. I know that’s a hard reach for some of you. 

Right, Tyrod got the Bills into the playoffs. That right there is good comedy and speaks of your mental illness if you think Tyrod got the Bills into the playoffs.

21 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

You originally said "scheming to your strengths". According to wikipedia:

The Oklahoma playbook describes the quarterback, the architect behind the Wishbone, as, "a running back who can throw."

McD & Beaner were laying the groundwork for the future this year and they weren't going to waste another season because the JV QB can't run a modern NFL offense. 

Layed the groundwork this year by firing the guy in charge of the offense a week after the season finished?

They realized they probably could've made a better run in the playoffs if they had just run last year's offense with everyone's least fav QB.

Also, everyone who loves Mariota enjoy tonight's game, a lot of you said you aren't watching football until the Superbowl in a different thread. 

Edited by Elite Poster

24 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Layed the groundwork this year by firing the guy in charge of the offense a week after the season finished?

They realized they probably could've made a better run in the playoffs if they had just run last year's offense with everyone's least fav QB.

Also, everyone who loves Mariota enjoy tonight's game, a lot of you said you aren't watching football until the Superbowl in a different thread. 

"Laying the groundwork" means moving on from the JV playbook for Tyrod and moving the team in a more pass-oriented, professional offense. Like the big boys do. 

Got any more Mariota insight? I believe Romo called that TD pass a "dime". I've already counted at least 4 or 5 throws that Tyrod would never even attempt.