PFF End of Season QB Rankings

NewEraBills

19 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Efficient QB play will grade high no matter what grading system is used.

This.

It's similar to the ESPN PER ratings for NBA players, where guys playing effectively in limited roles (like a 6th or 7th man) winds up with PER ratings up near the top of the league, even when they are only scoring 8-9ppg.

Tyrod is an advanced metric darling, somebody who checks all the boxes for these ratings based on efficiency, but ultimately doesn't produce in a high level overall.

Looking at that list I would take like 8+ guys below tyrod minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

This.

It's similar to the ESPN PER ratings for NBA players, where guys playing effectively in limited roles (like a 6th or 7th man) winds up with PER ratings up near the top of the league, even when they are only scoring 8-9ppg.

Tyrod is an advanced metric darling, somebody who checks all the boxes for these ratings based on efficiency, but ultimately doesn't produce in a high level overall.

Looking at that list I would take like 8+ guys below tyrod minimum.

Doug Flutie criticized Rob Johnson for protecting his QB rating, I think that same criticism can be placed on Taylor.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Doug Flutie criticized Rob Johnson for protecting his QB rating, I think that same criticism can be placed on Taylor.

I remember that.

Hard to throw interceptions when you don't throw the ball until somebody has a 5+ yard halo around them.

Ironically, it's hard to throw TDs that way too, which, not surpassingly, Tyrod doesn't throw many of those either.

The individual items PFF currently grades may be ok and (+ -) they may be grading them fairly well.

However, the sum of their items doesn't seem to consistently make sense which may mean they need more (or different) items.

As an example, maybe they should also be grading (not necessarily equally):

- Placement

- Best choice

- Ball fakes

- Timeliness

Some of these would be subjective, though probably never as challenging as trying to figure out ESPN's (QBR).

They seem to be pretty serious about their output, so I think their algorithm will continue to improve.

27 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I remember that, Flute just wanted to win not pad the stats, it's what winners do. I agree with your post about the criticism.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

That's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

I am not a TT hater as some of you here, but there is no way he is 12th.

He's probably around 22-24 in my opinion

I would think about 30th-40th.

15 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

He's better than most of you guys think and he's worse than a few of you guys think.

Welcome to TBD 2018.

I hate Brady!

I didn’t used too.....his actions have forced me to hate him!

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Pff ia pretty goos at what they do, and scott barratte one of their writers is on point. Ive had so much success this past season in the daily fantasy industry because of the stuff he writes. Ive also used pff tools. 

Getting people to read complete garbage online?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't get these convoluted stats. I guess PFF stands for pretty funny facts...the eye test has him ranked in the bottom 5 with Bortles. 

Pretty Far Fetched is more like it ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Manther said:

I would think about 30th-40th.

I hate Brady!

I didn’t used too.....his actions have forced me to hate him!

30th to 40th? Come on man lol.

So kizer, Trubisky, And siemian were better than Tyrod last year ?

Edited by billsfan11

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

30th to 40th? Come on man lol.

So kizer, Trubisky, And siemian were better than Tyrod last year ?

Depends on how you are grading.  But, I think I would prefer those QBs than Tyrod.

If you take Shady's ability and gains vs other RBs AND look at the plays/yards/points TT leaves on the field.  I think I would prefer almost anyone within reason.  I think that within reason line is right about there with Kizer and Siemian.  So, maybe I would have TT 25-35th then?

9 minutes ago, Manther said:

Depends on how you are grading.  But, I think I would prefer those QBs than Tyrod.

If you take Shady's ability and gains vs other RBs AND look at the plays/yards/points TT leaves on the field.  I think I would prefer almost anyone within reason.  I think that within reason line is right about there with Kizer and Siemian.  So, maybe I would have TT 25-35th then?

Disagree with you but it’s all good. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on Tyrod