Top 25 free agents per G.Rosenthal...

26 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Not much there for the Bills. The top of the list will likely stay where they are and many of the rest will have the luxury of signing for real contenders. My guess is the Bills will be signing off the margins with Poyer/Hyde types.

Well that is perfect then- Poyer and Hyde are fantastic football players.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd love to have him back too, but not sure McD is looking for guys who even Jim Schwartz calls a "dumb-ass". Direct quote.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Schwartz-on-Bradham-.html

There's also some character issue stuff. Bradham got caught bringing a handgun in his carry on.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

IDK but I think he got arrested for having a firearm at an airport.

beat me to it

21 minutes ago, White Linen said:

This list is so lazy first of all.

NaVorro Bowman would be someone I'd like to sign.  Shore up the MLB spot for a few years.  

I also Like Mingo for the outside.  I'd love Whitehead too but I think he'll cost way too much.

Why Mingo? He was a bust with Cleveland and Indy didn't have a great run D. I'm surprised no one's brought up bringing Zach Brown back after his success in Washington. 

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There's also some character issue stuff. Bradham got caught bringing a handgun in his carry on

I'm not sure if that's a character issue or a verification of Schwartz' opinion - "dumbass"

I mean, I like handguns, I'm just not dumb enough to try to bring one through security in my carry-on

Dumb enough for other things, but not that dumb

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See anyone you like on that list?

Tahir Whitehead is an interesting name as an OLB, had a lot of tackles, played on an emerging Lions Defense, and seems like a quality FA but not going to break the bank - Spotrac has Whitehead identifying a similar skill set as one Kiko Alonso, minus all the bone-headed stupidity and cheap shots.

With all the loads, and loads of Cap money the Jets will have, I don't see them letting Damario Davis, at the age of 28, out of NY, but IF he did make it, he'll be a premier ILB and he's worth it.

Another value FA might very well be Cassius Marsh OLB, 25 years old, had 3 FFs, 3 sacks, 6 QB hits - and those numbers are not great, believe it or not, the sacks / QB hits / FFs are near tops of the FA class and given he played on SF's Defense, I think he's a guy who could come to be valuable to the Bills. 

Also, Devon Kennard of the NYG, had 4 sacks and 7 QB hits, is 26 years old....that's one that intrigues me as well.

Last one, is a name we all remember: Nigel Bradham, he's now 28, has played in Schwartz's Defense - now twice - which again, would be a value FA.

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Why Mingo? He was a bust with Cleveland and Indy didn't have a great run D. I'm surprised no one's brought up bringing Zach Brown back after his success in Washington. 

Because I don't want to spend too much for an OLB.  I like "finds".  He's first round talent that I like for potential to find himself with a good D coordinator.  The Colts stunk and he has his best year - 45 tackles,  2 sacks and 3 FF's.  He's a very long player at 6' 4" with long arms and speed - I like my OLB to be able to reach out/up in pass defense.    He also has some pass rush ability.  

I'd compare him to Manny Lawson.

The only FA I really want back is Gaines, but I'd like him better in the slot with an upgrade outside, though we do have more pressing needs. We'll probably draft OL help too because 1-  We needs an upgrade, 2-  Richie might get suspended and 3- There probably won't be much opportunity to sign a good OL since they are so rare.

I also think Glenn will return to form if that foot is finally fixed.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

The only FA I really want back is Gaines, but I'd like him better in the slot with an upgrade outside, though we do have more pressing needs. We'll probably draft OL help too because 1-  We needs an upgrade, 2-  Richie might get suspended and 3- There probably won't be much opportunity to sign a good OL since they are so rare.

I also think Glenn will return to form if that foot is finally fixed.

Gaines is fantastic on the outside.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

Not much there for the Bills. The top of the list will likely stay where they are and many of the rest will have the luxury of signing for real contenders. My guess is the Bills will be signing off the margins with Poyer/Hyde types.

Yes please. Give me all the poyer/hyde types you have.