If the Bills part ways with Rick Dennison

TigerJ

I'm not advocating it, but if they do, Buffalo Rumblings has an interesting article on potential candidates:

They are:

Mike Shula - just fired from the position at Carolina

Ken Dorsey - just fired QB coach at Carolina - no OC experience

Rob Chudzinski - In limbo at Indianapolis as OC with head coach, Chuck Pagano, having been fired.

Frank Reich - OC at Philly and legendary Bills backup during the Super Bowl era.

John DiFillipo - QB coach at Philly, but has OC experience

Mike McCoy - fired from Broncos OC job, but well respected and thought to have been McDermott's first choice last year

Jim Caldwell - fired from long tenure as Detroit's head coach- has offensive background.  Jim Bob Cooter, his OC in Detroit could also be considered

Matt Canada - no pro experience, but one of the most innovative offensive minds in college football.  He just left LSU because he wasn't permitted to run the offense his way LSU.  He was Nate Peterman's coach at Pittsburgh

Not sure about hiring somebody from the college ranks, but Canada's creativity makes him intriguing.

Here's the link:  https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/10/16871990/potential-offensive-coordinators-if-the-buffalo-bills-fire-rick-dennison-mike-shula-rob-chudzinski

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

the more and more i think about it, they should give dennison another year.  complete turnover in the WR corps, a QB not fit for the system, etc.  I think some of the playcalling was suspect indeed, but its tough with these circumstances for he to be a one and done.  I would say though, he would be on the hot seat in year two and if there isnt improvement he should know he will be sent packing.  

5 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

the more and more i think about it, they should give dennison another year.  complete turnover in the WR corps, a QB not fit for the system, etc.  I think some of the playcalling was suspect indeed, but its tough with these circumstances for he to be a one and done.  I would say though, he would be on the hot seat in year two and if there isnt improvement he should know he will be sent packing.  

The only way I think this would sit well is if they get a guy like Dorsey to be the QB coach, someone they can realistically give the reins to midseason if Rico proves he is as bad as most of us think he is.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

48 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'm not advocating it, but if they do, Buffalo Rumblings has an interesting article on potential candidates:

They are:

Mike Shula - just fired from the position at Carolina

Ken Dorsey - just fired QB coach at Carolina - no OC experience

Rob Chudzinski - In limbo at Indianapolis as OC with head coach, Chuck Pagano, having been fired.

Frank Reich - OC at Philly and legendary Bills backup during the Super Bowl era.

John DiFillipo - QB coach at Philly, but has OC experience

Mike McCoy - fired from Broncos OC job, but well respected and thought to have been McDermott's first choice last year

Jim Caldwell - fired from long tenure as Detroit's head coach- has offensive background.  Jim Bob Cooter, his OC in Detroit could also be considered

Matt Canada - no pro experience, but one of the most innovative offensive minds in college football.  He just left LSU because he wasn't permitted to run the offense his way LSU.  He was Nate Peterman's coach at Pittsburgh

Not sure about hiring somebody from the college ranks, but Canada's creativity makes him intriguing.

Here's the link:  https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/10/16871990/potential-offensive-coordinators-if-the-buffalo-bills-fire-rick-dennison-mike-shula-rob-chudzinski

My List: 

1.  Jim Bob Cooter.  Good job in Det.  

2.  Reich or DiFillipo: good job with a young QB.  Although running game was bad.  

3.  McCoy or Canada.  McCoy is known and has good experience, Canada is innovative and had a Pitt offense churning when he was there.  

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

My List: 

1.  Jim Bob Cooter.  Good job in Det.  

2.  Reich or DiFillipo: good job with a young QB.  Although running game was bad.  

3.  McCoy or Canada.  McCoy is known and has good experience, Canada is innovative and had a Pitt offense churning when he was there.  

Canada is a nice thought as he has worked under one of the great "QB whisperers" of all time Marc Trestman and of course his ties to Peterman be intriguing. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Canada is a nice thought as he has worked under one of the great "QB whisperers" of all time Marc Trestman and of course his ties to Peterman be intriguing. 

So long as the reasoning for hiring him goes in the order listed. I don't want the primary reason for bringing in an OC being because he is good for Peterman.