Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

which is why so many of us are ticked off 

 

Even Shady if you saw the video clip 

An Orton caliber of qb would have been a difference maker in this game. What is exasperating is that this franchise that has had so much misfortune was in a good situation to win a playoff game. With merely mediocre qb play this opportunity was ready to be seized. Instead, we got atrocious play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Great stuff.

 

Mills was garbage in this game and shouldn’t be a starter in the NFL.

 

Benjamin is either very injured or incredibly disinterested.

 

These receivers and tight ends get zero separation and it was negligent of Beane to let the roster look like this.

 

Just a couple of tidbits of info to add to what you said:

 

Regarding Benjamin, in the end of season press conference, both McDermott and Beane admitted that since Benjamin was injured in the Chargers game, he has never been back to 100%. They praised him for toughing it out to be out there. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do when fully healthy and with a full offseason with our program.

 

Regarding the separation of our receivers, I saw a chart yesterday on Twitter from (I believe) Matt Harmon, who writes for NFL.com and other outlets. The chart contained "next gen stats" and indicated average yards of separation of WRs at the time of QB release for all 32 teams. The Buffalo Bills were dead last in this metric. One interesting note was that the Chiefs were #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It would be different if they planned on keeping Tyrod long term. They never did.

 

What good is it to install a system based on Tyrod's skill set that they'll have to completely switch up next year? That's doing the rest of the offense, especially the rookies, a huge disservice.

 

Dennison made compromises for Tyrod as much as possible, as evidenced by the various films studies we've seen.  But the development of Zay, Dawkins, and the rest of the offense is much more important than a journeyman QB who will be gone next year.

 

Now everyone's up to speed and can bring the newly-drafted QB up to speed even faster.

 

Okay.   But what good is it to install a system when the personnel are going to be different next year?   Different QB.   Different receivers.    Exactly who is the system supposed to benefit for next year?   Zay (stone hands) Jones?   Whatever system Dennison ran is going to be new to whoever comes in here next year anyway.

 

Kelvin Benjamin wasn't here till late in the season.  Can't say it was for his benefit that they ran some system they intend to run next year.

 

Dennison should have schemed to maximize the physical talent of his starting QB and starting half back.   He did neither.   Tyrod has tremendous physical skills not tremendous cerebral skills.    Everyone but Dennison knows that apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Good read thanks for sharing. Shows Denn called a good game and the execution was a fail. Also shows Tyrod didn't do enough homework on noticing the Jags hand signals because if he did he would have known what they were calling. Tyrod has bad throws and reads but also shows he doesn't study.

 

Tyrod is just not good enough, I hope this is his last season. It was a playoff game a team needs to add wrinkles to the game plan to get the win, too bad the QB can only run a short bus scheme.

 

 

How is it that you single out Tyrod for this.      Dennison is old enough to be Tyrod's father.   And he is the coach.    What about the QB coach?   What about the head coach?   Why aren't you sharing the blame where it belongs?

 

Tyrod could have noticed it sure.   But friggin nobody did.   And those other guys have WAY more experience than Tyrod breaking down defenses.    You are blaming Tyrod just because you are a hater.   You aren't being objective about it at all.   Realistically it is a complete COACHING fail.    

 

If the coaches come out and say they did notice it and did integrate that into the game plan and Tyrod just ignored it, well then okay - Tyrod's fault.   I didn't hear anyone say that.  Did you?

 

I hate defending Tyrod now because I think he flat out sucked in that game.   You bastards make it impossible to ignore though because of your incessant blame on him for anything and everything that isn't Tom Brady perfect.   WTF man?  WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PIZ said:

This guy is very intelligent and knows a ton about the Bills personnel.

 

He is indeed.  Forgotten more football than I'll ever know.  I disagree on specific plays occasionally and always 2nd or 3rd guess myself.

 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Love this thread....thank you

 

You are welcome.  I'm looking to make a positive change against the Troll Infestations

 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It would be different if they planned on keeping Tyrod long term. They never did.

 

What good is it to install a system based on Tyrod's skill set that they'll have to completely switch up next year? That's doing the rest of the offense, especially the rookies, a huge disservice.

 

Dennison made compromises for Tyrod as much as possible, as evidenced by the various films studies we've seen.  But the development of Zay, Dawkins, and the rest of the offense is much more important than a journeyman QB who will be gone next year.

 

Now everyone's up to speed and can bring the newly-drafted QB up to speed even faster.

 

LeGOAT, I think you aren't making an important distinction between installing a system and drawing up a gameplan/calling a game.  Installing a system means the type of offense (WCO, E-P) and within those broad categories, the terminology, the route trees, etc.  This is the stuff that takes continuity and several seasons to grasp, and you don't want to choose it or limit it just on the skills of one player.   You need to start teaching your system from Day 1.

 

Now, out of your three thick-ass binders, you pull plays and install a game plan for each game, trying to win matchups and put your guys in a position to win.  This is where, frankly, it's critical to make compromises for the players you'll have available each week!  Is McCoy out injured?  Don't call the same plays that you would for Mccoy, using Tolbert and Murphy.  This is where you look at your OL and say "OK, this concept would work vs this team, but can the guys I've got execute against their opponent?"  "This would work vs this coverage, but can Taylor make the correct read and the correct progressions?" "this would work, but can Ducasse sell it?"  And you throw plays out and put in other plays where maybe it's not as clever, but your guys do it well and you polish.  Then you adjust some more for the 2nd half based on how the first half went.

 

Especially when you've got young players or limited players, it's important not to get too clever and install too thick of a game plan, or plays that require more physical skill or more judgement than you've got.  (That is why Vance Joseph is said to have fired  Mike McCoy - because he was designing brilliant game plans without enough thought to the capabilities and limitations of his players).  And Dennison did make changes gradually during the season and during games - but IMHO too little, and too late.

 

And this is where I part ways a bit with Cover1's slant on the game giving Dennison a pass and putting more on Taylor and our players.  He points out that Dennison designed a plan that, often enough, put the Bills players in a position to succeed, and they too often failed to execute, and of course since Taylor is the guy on every play, he takes the lion's share.   I see it as Dennison failing to take his players and their skills into sufficient account.  Why call a trap if you know your OL is struggling with the protections they call and run every week?  KISS!  Why call a brilliant run play Tolbert can't execute, he's not fast enough?

 

It smacks of an OC who spends too much time with computers and paper, and not enough in the trenches learning his players and teaching.  The Jags defensive signals Palms and Cover 3 - isn't it also on the coaches to make sure they pick up on that from film and to coach Taylor to look for it and react accordingly?  The whole thing with Peterman is consistent with that - I hear Peterman is great in the film room and has a fantastic memory for plays and progressions, can learn them and spit them back flawlessly and that's why Dennison had him some Peterman love.  But in practice,  his ability to recognize what he's seeing in real-time and execute wasn't there yet and a lot of folks in the building knew that.

 

Just exactly what do you think Zay Jones and Dawkins are learning from a busted play, based on coverages Taylor can't read and progressions he can't make?  Do we need a QB who can make them?  Sure!  But this week, craft a game plan for the strengths of the guys you've got.  It's frankly scary to think of Dennison crafting game plans and calling plays for a brand-new rookie, even if his rookie never misses a single throw.

 

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

Sal Capaccio said the same thing after watching film.

Now he did say that he doesn't think Dennison is safe but believes he did a good job in the Jax game.

 

See above - in the abstract, I'm persuaded he did a good job.  I'm not persuaded he did a good job in reality.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

 

 

How is it that you single out Tyrod for this.      Dennison is old enough to be Tyrod's father.   And he is the coach.    What about the QB coach?   What about the head coach?   Why aren't you sharing the blame where it belongs?

 

Tyrod could have noticed it sure.   But friggin nobody did.   And those other guys have WAY more experience than Tyrod breaking down defenses.    You are blaming Tyrod just because you are a hater.   You aren't being objective about it at all.   Realistically it is a complete COACHING fail.    

 

If the coaches come out and say they did notice it and did integrate that into the game plan and Tyrod just ignored it, well then okay - Tyrod's fault.   I didn't hear anyone say that.  Did you?

 

I hate defending Tyrod now because I think he flat out sucked in that game.   You bastards make it impossible to ignore though because of your incessant blame on him for anything and everything that isn't Tom Brady perfect.   WTF man?  WTF?

Dave did you go to the link? You say how do I single Tyrod out, see below.

 

From the link.

 

Quote:

Taylor was fooled by the Jaguars on several occasions. This caused him to lock on to specific targets rather than letting the coverage dictate where the ball goes. 

 

Quote:

Not only did Taylor struggle processing coverages, but when plays were open he or his teammates missed opportunities. 

 

Quote:

Another first down play action call that is there, but Taylor fails to take what the defense gives him.

 

Quote:

They gave Taylor the keys to the offense, allowed him to read the defense and make the decisions to run or pass, often referred to as run/pass options.

 

Quote:

Taylor also missed a very nice window on this dig route to WR Kelvin Benjamin.

 

Quote:

On this play, Jones gets some separation, but the ball isn’t thrown accurately enough for Jones to catch it. Instead, he has to wait on the ball and it allows the defender to make a play. Was the defender there early? Sure, but a better pass and that doesn’t even occur.

 

My comment:

This one shows his film study IMO considering it is what Jags and I Quote:(The signals have been the same the entire season.)

. A QB is suppose to study what a D has a been doing in other games, Sure maybe the OC should have seen it but does this QB notice anything to help his OC and offense?. Good film study makes a good QB:

 

Quote:

.On the final drive and possibly Taylor’s last play as a Buffalo Bill, he again misses a pass to the flat versus the very same ‘Palms’ coverage the Jags played earlier in the game on the interception. I find it very difficult to stomach how the offense isn’t seeing the hand signals by the Jags. When the defenders show their palms to the sky it signaled ‘Palms’ coverage (the following play), and when they point to the sky it was Cover 3. The signals have been the same the entire season.

 

Quote:

Taylor’s tendency to hold on to the ball and not pull the trigger left some easy yardage on the field.

 

Quote:

Taylor’s decisions and shortcomings were all evident in the biggest game for the Bills in the last 17 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LeGOAT, I think you aren't making an important distinction between installing a system and drawing up a gameplan/calling a game.  Installing a system means the type of offense (WCO, E-P) and within those broad categories, the terminology, the route trees, etc.  This is the stuff that takes continuity and several seasons to grasp, and you don't want to choose it or limit it just on the skills of one player.   You need to start teaching your system from Day 1.

 

Now, out of your three thick-ass binders, you pull plays and install a game plan for each game, trying to win matchups and put your guys in a position to win.  This is where, frankly, it's critical to make compromises for the players you'll have available each week!  Is McCoy out injured?  Don't call the same plays that you would for Mccoy, using Tolbert and Murphy.  This is where you look at your OL and say "OK, this concept would work vs this team, but can the guys I've got execute against their opponent?"  "This would work vs this coverage, but can Taylor make the correct read and the correct progressions?" "this would work, but can Ducasse sell it?"  And you throw plays out and put in other plays where maybe it's not as clever, but your guys do it well and you polish.  Then you adjust some more for the 2nd half based on how the first half went.

 

Especially when you've got young players or limited players, it's important not to get too clever and install too thick of a game plan, or plays that require more physical skill or more judgement than you've got.  (That is why Vance Joseph is said to have fired  Mike McCoy - because he was designing brilliant game plans without enough thought to the capabilities and limitations of his players).  And Dennison did make changes gradually during the season and during games - but IMHO too little, and too late.

 

And this is where I part ways a bit with Cover1's slant on the game giving Dennison a pass and putting more on Taylor and our players.  He points out that Dennison designed a plan that, often enough, put the Bills players in a position to succeed, and they too often failed to execute, and of course since Taylor is the guy on every play, he takes the lion's share.   I see it as Dennison failing to take his players and their skills into sufficient account.  Why call a trap if you know your OL is struggling with the protections they call and run every week?  KISS!  Why call a brilliant run play Tolbert can't execute, he's not fast enough?

 

It smacks of an OC who spends too much time with computers and paper, and not enough in the trenches learning his players and teaching.  The Jags defensive signals Palms and Cover 3 - isn't it also on the coaches to make sure they pick up on that from film and to coach Taylor to look for it and react accordingly?  The whole thing with Peterman is consistent with that - I hear Peterman is great in the film room and has a fantastic memory for plays and progressions, can learn them and spit them back flawlessly and that's why Dennison had him some Peterman love.  But in practice,  his ability to recognize what he's seeing in real-time and execute wasn't there yet and a lot of folks in the building knew that.

 

Just exactly what do you think Zay Jones and Dawkins are learning from a busted play, based on coverages Taylor can't read and progressions he can't make?  Do we need a QB who can make them?  Sure!  But this week, craft a game plan for the strengths of the guys you've got.  It's frankly scary to think of Dennison crafting game plans and calling plays for a brand-new rookie, even if his rookie never misses a single throw.

 

 

Excellent well thought out and well explained post!

 

Coaching is more than just desigigning a scheme that can work.   You have to teach your guys to execute it too.   That is like at least half of the coaches' duties.   If the players can't execute what you are telling them to do, well then you aren't doing your job well enough.  You either aren't teaching them or you are asking them to do too much.

 

People like to just blame the players for lack of execution.  That is only fair if you think all players are superstars and should be able to execute anything thrown at them.    There probably aren't more than 3 or 4 players on each team that can execute anything thrown at them.   The truth is - different guys have different things they are good and bad at. 

 

It is up to the coach to devise a system they can execute and teach them to execute it exceptionally well.

 

This again lends more weight to the idea of simplifying everything until you can execute all the basic stuff really well.   Then build on that and complicate things more as you go on.   

 

But most coaches (in my guestimation) start right out with complicated stuff and keep trying to run it even when their team has proven they can't execute it.  And say the players just aren't good enough.   Maybe they aren't.   But if they aren't, it is at least partially the coaches' fault.

 

Does anyone think that this BIlls' offense is executing these plays with a high degree of success in practice?   I don't.   At least not against live fire action.    Maybe in walk throughs.     Because how could you possibly suck that bad in the game if you are executing them well in practice?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

 

Okay.   But what good is it to install a system when the personnel are going to be different next year?   Different QB.   Different receivers.    Exactly who is the system supposed to benefit for next year?   Zay (stone hands) Jones?   Whatever system Dennison ran is going to be new to whoever comes in here next year anyway.

 

Kelvin Benjamin wasn't here till late in the season.  Can't say it was for his benefit that they ran some system they intend to run next year.

 

Dennison should have schemed to maximize the physical talent of his starting QB and starting half back.   He did neither.   Tyrod has tremendous physical skills not tremendous cerebral skills.    Everyone but Dennison knows that apparently.

2

 

 

To me this is not completely accurate.  Tyrod has played in this offense before.  Dennison was his QB coach in Baltimore.  This is what is so infuriating about it.  The Dennison hire was actually good on the surface because this was a guy your QB that you brought back had already worked with.  Why TT struggled in an offense he was supposed to already familiar be with I do not know.  But it is what it is at this point.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Dave did you go to the link?

 

From the link.

 

Quote:

Taylor was fooled by the Jaguars on several occasions. This caused him to lock on to specific targets rather than letting the coverage dictate where the ball goes. 

 

Quote:

Not only did Taylor struggle processing coverages, but when plays were open he or his teammates missed opportunities. 

 

Quote:

Another first down play action call that is there, but Taylor fails to take what the defense gives him.

 

Quote:

They gave Taylor the keys to the offense, allowed him to read the defense and make the decisions to run or pass, often referred to as run/pass options.

 

Quote:

Taylor also missed a very nice window on this dig route to WR Kelvin Benjamin.

 

Quote:

On this play, Jones gets some separation, but the ball isn’t thrown accurately enough for Jones to catch it. Instead, he has to wait on the ball and it allows the defender to make a play. Was the defender there early? Sure, but a better pass and that doesn’t even occur.

 

My comment:

This one shows his film study IMO considering it is what Jags and I Quote:(The signals have been the same the entire season.)

. A QB is suppose to study what a D has a been doing in other games, Sure maybe the OC should have seen it but does this QB notice anything to help his OC and offense?. Good film study makes a good QB:

 

Quote:

.On the final drive and possibly Taylor’s last play as a Buffalo Bill, he again misses a pass to the flat versus the very same ‘Palms’ coverage the Jags played earlier in the game on the interception. I find it very difficult to stomach how the offense isn’t seeing the hand signals by the Jags. When the defenders show their palms to the sky it signaled ‘Palms’ coverage (the following play), and when they point to the sky it was Cover 3. The signals have been the same the entire season.

 

Quote:

Taylor’s tendency to hold on to the ball and not pull the trigger left some easy yardage on the field.

 

Quote:

Taylor’s decisions and shortcomings were all evident in the biggest game for the Bills in the last 17 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I did not talk about any of that.  Tyrod sucked in the game.  I said that he did.

 

I specifically bolded the part where you blame him for not exploiting the hand signals that Jacksonville defenders used.

 

That isn't on him unless you know that the coaches made an emphasis on that and integrated it into their game plan.   You literally blame him for every single friggin thing.   The team around him isn't great either and neither are his coaches.    Let's be reasonable.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

 

I did not talk about any of that.  Tyrod sucked in the game.  I said that he did.

 

I specifically bolded the part where you blame him for not exploiting the hand signals that Jacksonville defenders used.

 

That isn't on him unless you know that the coaches made an emphasis on that and integrated it into their game plan.   You literally blame him for every single friggin thing.   The team around him isn't great either and neither are his coaches.    Let's be reasonable.

Yes please let's be reasonable.

Hey man I took quotes from the article. I blame him because basic stuff for a good QB is to study what the D is doing and if our OC missed it the QB should have seen it if he did his homework IMO. 

 

One more Quote from aritcle:

As a fan and analyst of the team, watching this film was very disappointing. As McCoy stated, this was a winnable game. It was a game in which the offense had enough in the playbook to win. In fact, they had a lot of the concepts and personnel to do some damage. In my opinion, there were just too many plays left on the field to put the blame on the game plan. Taylor’s tendency to hold on to the ball and not pull the trigger left some easy yardage on the field.

 

My comment.

So I am sorry you did not like my comment man but to answer your bold this quote really gets me.

 

Quote:

I find it very difficult to stomach how the offense isn’t seeing the hand signals by the Jags.

Edited by xRUSHx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

LeGOAT, I think you aren't making an important distinction between installing a system and drawing up a gameplan/calling a game.  Installing a system means the type of offense (WCO, E-P) and within those broad categories, the terminology, the route trees, etc.  This is the stuff that takes continuity and several seasons to grasp, and you don't want to choose it or limit it just on the skills of one player.   You need to start teaching your system from Day 1.

 

Now, out of your three thick-ass binders, you pull plays and install a game plan for each game, trying to win matchups and put your guys in a position to win.  This is where, frankly, it's critical to make compromises for the players you'll have available each week!  Is McCoy out injured?  Don't call the same plays that you would for Mccoy, using Tolbert and Murphy.  This is where you look at your OL and say "OK, this concept would work vs this team, but can the guys I've got execute against their opponent?"  "This would work vs this coverage, but can Taylor make the correct read and the correct progressions?" "this would work, but can Ducasse sell it?"  And you throw plays out and put in other plays where maybe it's not as clever, but your guys do it well and you polish.  Then you adjust some more for the 2nd half based on how the first half went.

 

Especially when you've got young players or limited players, it's important not to get too clever and install too thick of a game plan, or plays that require more physical skill or more judgement than you've got.  (That is why Vance Joseph is said to have fired  Mike McCoy - because he was designing brilliant game plans without enough thought to the capabilities and limitations of his players).  And Dennison did make changes gradually during the season and during games - but IMHO too little, and too late.

 

And this is where I part ways a bit with Cover1's slant on the game giving Dennison a pass and putting more on Taylor and our players.  He points out that Dennison designed a plan that, often enough, put the Bills players in a position to succeed, and they too often failed to execute, and of course since Taylor is the guy on every play, he takes the lion's share.   I see it as Dennison failing to take his players and their skills into sufficient account.  Why call a trap if you know your OL is struggling with the protections they call and run every week?  KISS!  Why call a brilliant run play Tolbert can't execute, he's not fast enough?

 

It smacks of an OC who spends too much time with computers and paper, and not enough in the trenches learning his players and teaching.  The Jags defensive signals Palms and Cover 3 - isn't it also on the coaches to make sure they pick up on that from film and to coach Taylor to look for it and react accordingly?  The whole thing with Peterman is consistent with that - I hear Peterman is great in the film room and has a fantastic memory for plays and progressions, can learn them and spit them back flawlessly and that's why Dennison had him some Peterman love.  But in practice,  his ability to recognize what he's seeing in real-time and execute wasn't there yet and a lot of folks in the building knew that.

 

Just exactly what do you think Zay Jones and Dawkins are learning from a busted play, based on coverages Taylor can't read and progressions he can't make?  Do we need a QB who can make them?  Sure!  But this week, craft a game plan for the strengths of the guys you've got.  It's frankly scary to think of Dennison crafting game plans and calling plays for a brand-new rookie, even if his rookie never misses a single throw.

Nice post.

 

Players learn just as much from a busted play as they do a successful one, maybe even more. This off-season Peterman and the rookie QB can study game film of this offense in real NFL games and learn exactly what to do/not to do, while observing tendencies of players who are actually on their team. 2017 was an installation year and the experience is going to make the 2018 learning curve that much smaller.

 

Agree to disagree about the game plan. Calling only the plays that your QB is comfortable with eventually gets super predictable. They may have been even worse off with that kind of approach. Maybe Tyrod didn't even want that, anyway. Maybe he's pushing himself to take the next step. Who knows.

 

Dennison designed a game plan that could beat the Jags' #1 defense. They prepared that game plan all week. The players aren't surprised by the calls. They know what they have to do and the responsibility is on them to get it done. Seeing successful play designs gives me hope that they could put up a lot of points on any defense with the right QB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Yes please let's be reasonable.

Hey man I took quotes from the article. I blame him because basic stuff for a good QB is to study what the D is doing and if our OC missed it the QB should have seen it if he did his homework IMO. 

 

One more Quote from aritcle:

As a fan and analyst of the team, watching this film was very disappointing. As McCoy stated, this was a winnable game. It was a game in which the offense had enough in the playbook to win. In fact, they had a lot of the concepts and personnel to do some damage. In my opinion, there were just too many plays left on the field to put the blame on the game plan. Taylor’s tendency to hold on to the ball and not pull the trigger left some easy yardage on the field. 

 

I don't get this place sometimes.   Sometimes it is just impossible to have a clear (on-point) conversation.

 

When I specifically BOLD things in a response to people I assume that they know THAT is what I am responding to.   And not all the other stuff they wrote.  Wrong assumption on my part I guess.

 

This has happened with other posters too.    I bold something in their response thinking they will know that is SPECIFICALLY what I am talking about - and then they respond back to me with something I was not even talking about.  It feels like talking to a wall.

 

 I usually go back and correct my grammar when it is horribly wrong.  I fix my typos a lot of the time for the sake of clarity.  I try to use bold letters, capitals, quotations and brackets for added clarity when I write.

 

Even after doing all of that, I guess my communication skills still truly just suck.   - Like as bad as Tyrod sucked in that playoff game.   I thought I was better than this.   Sorry to waste your time.   (And sorry to waste mine.)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hapless Bill I get what you are saying but I'd take a slightly different take.  You ask why call a trap?  You call a trap because when you looked on film you noticed that it was one of the running plays that the Jags struggled with tremendously.  They don't struggle with much in this department, but they do struggle with the trap.  So your run game coordinator looks at that and says he Rick, here is what I seen them struggle with.  Your run game coordinator trusts that his guys can run that play.  That's why the play is called.  It's not just Dennison at play here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

 

I don't get this place sometimes.   Sometimes it is just impossible to have a clear (on-point) conversation.

 

When I specifically BOLD things in a response to people I assume that they know THAT is what I am responding to.   And not all the other stuff they wrote.  Wrong assumption on my part I guess.

 

This has happened with other posters too.    I bold something in their response thinking they will know that is SPECIFICALLY what I am talking about - and then they respond back to me with something I was not even talking about.  It feels like talking to a wall.

 

 I usually go back and correct my grammar when it is horribly wrong.  I fix my typos a lot of the time for the sake of clarity.  I try to use bold letters, capitals, quotations and brackets for added clarity when I write.

 

Even after doing all of that, I guess my communication skills still truly just suck.   - Like as bad as Tyrod sucked in that playoff game.   I thought I was better than this.   Sorry to waste your time.   (And sorry to waste mine.)

Well I am sorry too man, I thought we were having a conversation and I pulled the quotes from the article so you could see what i was seeing.

 

I thought I answered your bold as to why I thought IMO that blame should be on Tyrod for not doing enough film study to notice a tendency the Jags do. Never assume because hey it makes a ___ out of you and me is the assume saying. Have a good day man sorry I got you so mad.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting, it was a good read.

 

My only slight issue with the All 22 is, It seems very easy in hindsight to break down plays in slow motion and say "this is where the ball is supposed to go", or "this is what the WR/o line needed to do".

 

While all true, I am sure you can make an all 22 for every team and blame the players for lack of execution.

 

I'm sure the Bills leave a lot more plays on the table than most teams, but my point is its very easy to pick 5-10 plays a game where the players should have executed better.

 

Translation: The players weren't good enough, but picking 5-10 plays a game doesn't excuse Dennison either

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Dave did you go to the link? You say how do I single Tyrod out, see below.

 

From the link.

 

Quote:

Taylor was fooled by the Jaguars on several occasions. This caused him to lock on to specific targets rather than letting the coverage dictate where the ball goes. 

 

Quote:

Not only did Taylor struggle processing coverages, but when plays were open he or his teammates missed opportunities. 

 

Quote:

Another first down play action call that is there, but Taylor fails to take what the defense gives him.

 

Quote:

They gave Taylor the keys to the offense, allowed him to read the defense and make the decisions to run or pass, often referred to as run/pass options.

 

Quote:

Taylor also missed a very nice window on this dig route to WR Kelvin Benjamin.

 

Quote:

On this play, Jones gets some separation, but the ball isn’t thrown accurately enough for Jones to catch it. Instead, he has to wait on the ball and it allows the defender to make a play. Was the defender there early? Sure, but a better pass and that doesn’t even occur.

 

My comment:

This one shows his film study IMO considering it is what Jags and I Quote:(The signals have been the same the entire season.)

. A QB is suppose to study what a D has a been doing in other games, Sure maybe the OC should have seen it but does this QB notice anything to help his OC and offense?. Good film study makes a good QB:

 

Quote:

.On the final drive and possibly Taylor’s last play as a Buffalo Bill, he again misses a pass to the flat versus the very same ‘Palms’ coverage the Jags played earlier in the game on the interception. I find it very difficult to stomach how the offense isn’t seeing the hand signals by the Jags. When the defenders show their palms to the sky it signaled ‘Palms’ coverage (the following play), and when they point to the sky it was Cover 3. The signals have been the same the entire season.

 

Quote:

Taylor’s tendency to hold on to the ball and not pull the trigger left some easy yardage on the field.

 

Quote:

Taylor’s decisions and shortcomings were all evident in the biggest game for the Bills in the last 17 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thats why I posted right after the game that I don't know how McD watches that game film and doesn't come out wanting a new QB. 

 

If Taylor is on this team next season McD will take the heat for Taylor sucking and also making over 16 mil.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xRUSHx said:

Well I am sorry too man, I thought we were having a conversation and I pulled the quotes from the article so you could see what i was seeing.

 

I thought I answered your bold as to why I thought IMO that blame should be on Tyrod for not doing enough film study to notice a tendency the Jags do. Never assume because hey it makes a ___ out of you and me is the assume saying. Have a good day man sorry I got you so mad.

 

Not mad at all bro.  :thumbsup:

 

Frustrated from lack of clarity.   

 

It is the one of the weak parts of forums.   Hard to be clear unless you type a full page.  And then nobody wants to read it - TLDR.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I do get sick of seeing Tyrod blamed for things that clearly aren't his fault or that aren't even mostly his fault.  (like the Jacksonville defensive signals)

 

And it does get old seeing the same people keep repeating the same thing post after post thread after thread (even outside of QB threads) about how bad Tyrod is at this and how awful Tyrod is at that.  And he sucks at QB because he can run too fast for an NFL QB.  And he sucks because he can avoid a pash rush longer than any other QB in the NFL.  And he sucks because his mom's fat too.    And he probably doesn't like Polish food.   And he probably eats wings with a knife and fork.  Like at some point you need to quit complaining and just move on eh?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Definitely on Taylor.

 

I know it's a playoff game, but this staff expects to be in the playoffs every year. The missteps by the players provide valuable learning opportunities. This is the system they're running. Do it right or you'll be embarrassed in the wild card round. They're not going to change it up for you.

I agree man, good post.

 

With it being a playoff game the game plan is more complex, the players need to step there play but IMO Tyrod missed the boat in his film study. They had practice all week and failed when it was time to do it.

Without execution the team has nothing but when a QB didn't study enough simple plays that could have been a plus turn into a negative.

10 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

 

Not mad at all bro.  :thumbsup:

 

Frustrated from lack of clarity.   

 

It is the one of the weak parts of forums.   Hard to be clear unless you type a full page.  And then nobody wants to read it - TLDR.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I do get sick of seeing Tyrod blamed for things that clearly aren't his fault or that aren't even mostly his fault.  (like the Jacksonville defensive signals)

 

And it does get old seeing the same people keep repeating the same thing post after post thread after thread (even outside of QB threads) about how bad Tyrod is at this and how awful Tyrod is at that.  And he sucks at QB because he can run too fast for an NFL QB.  And he sucks because he can avoid a pash rush longer than any other QB in the NFL.  And he sucks because his mom's fat too.    And he probably doesn't like Polish food.   And he probably eats wings with a knife and fork.  Like at some point you need to quit complaining and just move on eh?

 

 

Clarity in here for sure is frustrating.

 

Haha, I am not one to defend him that's for sure. As you are sick of the negative I am sick of the over the top threads of him being compared to the greats of the game for the last few years. 

 

So I will end this on a final note, it is a QB driven league and a teams offense is driven by said QB, when the offense fails to drive I point to the driver. Have a good day man thanks for the convo.

Edited by xRUSHx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

 Tyrod has played in this offense before.  Dennison was his QB coach in Baltimore.  

 

I don't know this for a fact, but something tells me that the offense Baltimore ran back when Dennison worked with Tyrod there as a QB coach was not the same offense that Dennison ran this year.    I honestly don't know.   My intuition tells me it is extremely unlikely.

 

The one advantage with bringing in Dennison should have been - that he knows Tyrods strengths and weaknesses already.  Therefore he should be better prepared to design an offense that Tyrod can execute well.

 

Obviously that didn't happen.  Is that 100% Tyrod's fault - A reasonable man would have to say not a chance in hell.  Tyrod didn't design this offense.   His previous coaches designed better ones for him than Dennison did.   Hard to argue against that.

4 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree man.

 

With it being a playoff game the game plan is more complex, the players need to step there play but IMO Tyrod missed the boat in his film study. They had practice all week and failed when it was time to do it.

Without execution the team has nothing but when a QB didn't study enough simple plays that could have been a plus turn into a negative.

Haha, I am not one to defend him that's for sure. As you are sick of the negative I am sick of the over the top threads of him being compared to the greats of the game for the last few years. 

 

So I will end this on a final note, it is a QB driven league and a teams offense is driven by said QB, when the offense fails to drive I point to the driver. Have a good day man thanks for the convo.

 

Where are all of these threads comparing Tyrod to the greats of the game?  I must have missed them.

 

Count the number of threads started to praise Tyrod.


Count the number of threads started to bash him.

 

Count the number of posts in other threads unrelated to the quarterbacks where some poster comes in and interjects praise for Tyrod where he doesn't deserve it.

 

Then count the number of posts in other unrelated threads where some poster comes in and interjects blame on Tyrod when the thread isn't even about him.

 

You don't have to count them do you?   You already know how that is going to turn out.   That is my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

 

 

How is it that you single out Tyrod for this.      Dennison is old enough to be Tyrod's father.   And he is the coach.    What about the QB coach?   What about the head coach?   Why aren't you sharing the blame where it belongs?

 

Tyrod could have noticed it sure.   But friggin nobody did.   And those other guys have WAY more experience than Tyrod breaking down defenses.    You are blaming Tyrod just because you are a hater.   You aren't being objective about it at all.   Realistically it is a complete COACHING fail.    

 

If the coaches come out and say they did notice it and did integrate that into the game plan and Tyrod just ignored it, well then okay - Tyrod's fault.   I didn't hear anyone say that.  Did you?

 

I hate defending Tyrod now because I think he flat out sucked in that game.   You bastards make it impossible to ignore though because of your incessant blame on him for anything and everything that isn't Tom Brady perfect.   WTF man?  WTF?

Looking back at this post sure makes me think you were mad.

 

You called me a few things in this post that I didn't point out but man you sure sounded mad.

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

 

I don't know this for a fact, but something tells me that the offense Baltimore ran back when Dennison worked with Tyrod there as a QB coach was not the same offense that Dennison ran this year.    I honestly don't know.   My intuition tells me it is extremely unlikely.

 

The one advantage with bringing in Dennison should have been - that he knows Tyrods strengths and weaknesses already.  Therefore he should be better prepared to design an offense that Tyrod can execute well.

 

Obviously that didn't happen.  Is that 100% Tyrod's fault - A reasonable man would have to say not a chance in hell.  Tyrod didn't design this offense.   His previous coaches designed better ones for him than Dennison did.   Hard to argue against that.

 

Where are all of these threads comparing Tyrod to the greats of the game?  I must have missed them.

 

Count the number of threads started to praise Tyrod.


Count the number of threads started to bash him.

 

Count the number of posts in other threads unrelated to the quarterbacks where some poster comes in and interjects praise for Tyrod where he doesn't deserve it.

 

Then count the number of posts in other unrelated threads where some poster comes in and interjects blame on Tyrod when the thread isn't even about him.

 

You don't have to count them do you?   You already know how that is going to turn out.   That is my point.

If you haven't seen the million Tyrod love fest threads I don't know what to tell you. I like to see both sides of a coin but in those threads when something negative would've been posted said poster would get attacked and called names. You still sound mad bro.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I but IMO Tyrod missed the boat in his film study

 

 when a QB didn't study enough

 

Do you think that quarterbacks go off all by themselves and come up with their own way to attack the defense in an upcoming game?

 

If they do that, they are doing that on their own time as an extra effort kind of thing.

 

Since when has it become primarily the quarterback's job to determine how to attack the upcoming defense and what weaknesses the defense has?

 

The coaches and coordinators are supposed to do that.     Maybe the quarterback and backup quarterbacks catch something the coaches miss.   Great.    I really don't think that is primarily an expected skill the quarterback is supposed to be great at.

 

If he is, why they hell have coaches at all?

 

I thought coaches and quarterbacks sat in a room together watching film of the defense trying to identify weaknesses where anyone in the room can speak up and point something out.   And then maybe the coaches and quarterbacks spend extra time on their own in private doing extra analysis trying to catch more things.  

 

Failure to notice ways to attack a defense is the fault of a coach not a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its tough when you work on plays designed specifically to beat certain coverages.  The kid from Alabama did something to win the game that I have never seen Taylor do.  Cover 2 defense all goes with the inside man to the wide side run a post.  By the book the pass goes to the in the inside man running the post.  A true freshman 18 year old Qb stares down the traditional place the ball should go.  Knowing all well the saftey knows the same thing hes going to catch him cheating and make the pass that theoretically the coverage takes away.  He did it to perfection put the ball on the money and won the game.  Late in the game vs Quarters coverage.  jaguars go to coverage.  Quarters meaning the outside corners and saftey each have the deepest guy in their quarter of  the field.  Taylor's tendency is to throw the ball over the middle short all year.  Thompson outside runs a deep post.  As the Te breaks over the middle both safties stop or slow there depth expecting the pass short.  If Taylor rips it to the post the Bills score a Td.  NFL teams self scout and know their own tendencies I would almost guarantee that play was called multiple times and the post is there.  Taylor never adjusts and the Bills lose the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Looking back at this post sure makes me think you were mad.

 

You called me a few things in this post that I didn't point out but man you sure sounded mad.

If you haven't seen the million Tyrod love fest threads I don't know what to tell you. I like to see both sides of a coin but in those threads when something negative would ve posted said poster would get attacked and called names. You still sound mad bro.

 

Oh yeah.  I was mad then.  That was momentary though.   Happens at various times when people post some things.

 

I get over things quickly.   I know better.  It is a forum.

 

Trust me.   I'm not mad.   I would rather laugh or walk away before getting lingering pissed.   :thumbsup:

 

I try to practice that emotional intelligence thing I talked about in another thread on here - the one where Shady looked pissed after the game.

Edited by PolishDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

 

I do get sick of seeing Tyrod blamed for things that clearly aren't his fault or that aren't even mostly his fault.  (like the Jacksonville defensive signals)

 

Fair point. However, equally frustrating are the people blaming other players for things that ARE Taylor's fault, like someone did earlier in this thread on the O'Leary endzone throw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×