All-22 of Bills-Jags from Cover1

Thanks for posting, it was a good read.

My only slight issue with the All 22 is, It seems very easy in hindsight to break down plays in slow motion and say "this is where the ball is supposed to go", or "this is what the WR/o line needed to do".

While all true, I am sure you can make an all 22 for every team and blame the players for lack of execution.

I'm sure the Bills leave a lot more plays on the table than most teams, but my point is its very easy to pick 5-10 plays a game where the players should have executed better.

Translation: The players weren't good enough, but picking 5-10 plays a game doesn't excuse Dennison either

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Dave did you go to the link? You say how do I single Tyrod out, see below.

From the link.

Quote:

Taylor was fooled by the Jaguars on several occasions. This caused him to lock on to specific targets rather than letting the coverage dictate where the ball goes. 

Quote:

Not only did Taylor struggle processing coverages, but when plays were open he or his teammates missed opportunities. 

Quote:

Another first down play action call that is there, but Taylor fails to take what the defense gives him.

Quote:

They gave Taylor the keys to the offense, allowed him to read the defense and make the decisions to run or pass, often referred to as run/pass options.

Quote:

Taylor also missed a very nice window on this dig route to WR Kelvin Benjamin.

Quote:

On this play, Jones gets some separation, but the ball isn’t thrown accurately enough for Jones to catch it. Instead, he has to wait on the ball and it allows the defender to make a play. Was the defender there early? Sure, but a better pass and that doesn’t even occur.

My comment:

This one shows his film study IMO considering it is what Jags and I Quote:(The signals have been the same the entire season.)

. A QB is suppose to study what a D has a been doing in other games, Sure maybe the OC should have seen it but does this QB notice anything to help his OC and offense?. Good film study makes a good QB:

Quote:

.On the final drive and possibly Taylor’s last play as a Buffalo Bill, he again misses a pass to the flat versus the very same ‘Palms’ coverage the Jags played earlier in the game on the interception. I find it very difficult to stomach how the offense isn’t seeing the hand signals by the Jags. When the defenders show their palms to the sky it signaled ‘Palms’ coverage (the following play), and when they point to the sky it was Cover 3. The signals have been the same the entire season.

Quote:

Taylor’s tendency to hold on to the ball and not pull the trigger left some easy yardage on the field.

Quote:

Taylor’s decisions and shortcomings were all evident in the biggest game for the Bills in the last 17 years.

Thats why I posted right after the game that I don't know how McD watches that game film and doesn't come out wanting a new QB. 

If Taylor is on this team next season McD will take the heat for Taylor sucking and also making over 16 mil.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Well I am sorry too man, I thought we were having a conversation and I pulled the quotes from the article so you could see what i was seeing.

I thought I answered your bold as to why I thought IMO that blame should be on Tyrod for not doing enough film study to notice a tendency the Jags do. Never assume because hey it makes a ___ out of you and me is the assume saying. Have a good day man sorry I got you so mad.

Not mad at all bro.  :thumbsup:

Frustrated from lack of clarity.   

It is the one of the weak parts of forums.   Hard to be clear unless you type a full page.  And then nobody wants to read it - TLDR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I do get sick of seeing Tyrod blamed for things that clearly aren't his fault or that aren't even mostly his fault.  (like the Jacksonville defensive signals)

And it does get old seeing the same people keep repeating the same thing post after post thread after thread (even outside of QB threads) about how bad Tyrod is at this and how awful Tyrod is at that.  And he sucks at QB because he can run too fast for an NFL QB.  And he sucks because he can avoid a pash rush longer than any other QB in the NFL.  And he sucks because his mom's fat too.    And he probably doesn't like Polish food.   And he probably eats wings with a knife and fork.  Like at some point you need to quit complaining and just move on eh?

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Definitely on Taylor.

I know it's a playoff game, but this staff expects to be in the playoffs every year. The missteps by the players provide valuable learning opportunities. This is the system they're running. Do it right or you'll be embarrassed in the wild card round. They're not going to change it up for you.

I agree man, good post.

With it being a playoff game the game plan is more complex, the players need to step there play but IMO Tyrod missed the boat in his film study. They had practice all week and failed when it was time to do it.

Without execution the team has nothing but when a QB didn't study enough simple plays that could have been a plus turn into a negative.

10 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Not mad at all bro.  :thumbsup:

Frustrated from lack of clarity.   

It is the one of the weak parts of forums.   Hard to be clear unless you type a full page.  And then nobody wants to read it - TLDR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I do get sick of seeing Tyrod blamed for things that clearly aren't his fault or that aren't even mostly his fault.  (like the Jacksonville defensive signals)

And it does get old seeing the same people keep repeating the same thing post after post thread after thread (even outside of QB threads) about how bad Tyrod is at this and how awful Tyrod is at that.  And he sucks at QB because he can run too fast for an NFL QB.  And he sucks because he can avoid a pash rush longer than any other QB in the NFL.  And he sucks because his mom's fat too.    And he probably doesn't like Polish food.   And he probably eats wings with a knife and fork.  Like at some point you need to quit complaining and just move on eh?

Clarity in here for sure is frustrating.

Haha, I am not one to defend him that's for sure. As you are sick of the negative I am sick of the over the top threads of him being compared to the greats of the game for the last few years. 

So I will end this on a final note, it is a QB driven league and a teams offense is driven by said QB, when the offense fails to drive I point to the driver. Have a good day man thanks for the convo.

Edited by xRUSHx

52 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Tyrod has played in this offense before.  Dennison was his QB coach in Baltimore.  

I don't know this for a fact, but something tells me that the offense Baltimore ran back when Dennison worked with Tyrod there as a QB coach was not the same offense that Dennison ran this year.    I honestly don't know.   My intuition tells me it is extremely unlikely.

The one advantage with bringing in Dennison should have been - that he knows Tyrods strengths and weaknesses already.  Therefore he should be better prepared to design an offense that Tyrod can execute well.

Obviously that didn't happen.  Is that 100% Tyrod's fault - A reasonable man would have to say not a chance in hell.  Tyrod didn't design this offense.   His previous coaches designed better ones for him than Dennison did.   Hard to argue against that.

4 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree man.

With it being a playoff game the game plan is more complex, the players need to step there play but IMO Tyrod missed the boat in his film study. They had practice all week and failed when it was time to do it.

Without execution the team has nothing but when a QB didn't study enough simple plays that could have been a plus turn into a negative.

Haha, I am not one to defend him that's for sure. As you are sick of the negative I am sick of the over the top threads of him being compared to the greats of the game for the last few years. 

So I will end this on a final note, it is a QB driven league and a teams offense is driven by said QB, when the offense fails to drive I point to the driver. Have a good day man thanks for the convo.

Where are all of these threads comparing Tyrod to the greats of the game?  I must have missed them.

Count the number of threads started to praise Tyrod.

Count the number of threads started to bash him.

Count the number of posts in other threads unrelated to the quarterbacks where some poster comes in and interjects praise for Tyrod where he doesn't deserve it.

Then count the number of posts in other unrelated threads where some poster comes in and interjects blame on Tyrod when the thread isn't even about him.

You don't have to count them do you?   You already know how that is going to turn out.   That is my point.

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

How is it that you single out Tyrod for this.      Dennison is old enough to be Tyrod's father.   And he is the coach.    What about the QB coach?   What about the head coach?   Why aren't you sharing the blame where it belongs?

Tyrod could have noticed it sure.   But friggin nobody did.   And those other guys have WAY more experience than Tyrod breaking down defenses.    You are blaming Tyrod just because you are a hater.   You aren't being objective about it at all.   Realistically it is a complete COACHING fail.    

If the coaches come out and say they did notice it and did integrate that into the game plan and Tyrod just ignored it, well then okay - Tyrod's fault.   I didn't hear anyone say that.  Did you?

I hate defending Tyrod now because I think he flat out sucked in that game.   You bastards make it impossible to ignore though because of your incessant blame on him for anything and everything that isn't Tom Brady perfect.   WTF man?  WTF?

Looking back at this post sure makes me think you were mad.

You called me a few things in this post that I didn't point out but man you sure sounded mad.

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I don't know this for a fact, but something tells me that the offense Baltimore ran back when Dennison worked with Tyrod there as a QB coach was not the same offense that Dennison ran this year.    I honestly don't know.   My intuition tells me it is extremely unlikely.

The one advantage with bringing in Dennison should have been - that he knows Tyrods strengths and weaknesses already.  Therefore he should be better prepared to design an offense that Tyrod can execute well.

Obviously that didn't happen.  Is that 100% Tyrod's fault - A reasonable man would have to say not a chance in hell.  Tyrod didn't design this offense.   His previous coaches designed better ones for him than Dennison did.   Hard to argue against that.

Where are all of these threads comparing Tyrod to the greats of the game?  I must have missed them.

Count the number of threads started to praise Tyrod.

Count the number of threads started to bash him.

Count the number of posts in other threads unrelated to the quarterbacks where some poster comes in and interjects praise for Tyrod where he doesn't deserve it.

Then count the number of posts in other unrelated threads where some poster comes in and interjects blame on Tyrod when the thread isn't even about him.

You don't have to count them do you?   You already know how that is going to turn out.   That is my point.

If you haven't seen the million Tyrod love fest threads I don't know what to tell you. I like to see both sides of a coin but in those threads when something negative would've been posted said poster would get attacked and called names. You still sound mad bro.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I but IMO Tyrod missed the boat in his film study

when a QB didn't study enough

Do you think that quarterbacks go off all by themselves and come up with their own way to attack the defense in an upcoming game?

If they do that, they are doing that on their own time as an extra effort kind of thing.

Since when has it become primarily the quarterback's job to determine how to attack the upcoming defense and what weaknesses the defense has?

The coaches and coordinators are supposed to do that.     Maybe the quarterback and backup quarterbacks catch something the coaches miss.   Great.    I really don't think that is primarily an expected skill the quarterback is supposed to be great at.

If he is, why they hell have coaches at all?

I thought coaches and quarterbacks sat in a room together watching film of the defense trying to identify weaknesses where anyone in the room can speak up and point something out.   And then maybe the coaches and quarterbacks spend extra time on their own in private doing extra analysis trying to catch more things.  

Failure to notice ways to attack a defense is the fault of a coach not a player.

Its tough when you work on plays designed specifically to beat certain coverages.  The kid from Alabama did something to win the game that I have never seen Taylor do.  Cover 2 defense all goes with the inside man to the wide side run a post.  By the book the pass goes to the in the inside man running the post.  A true freshman 18 year old Qb stares down the traditional place the ball should go.  Knowing all well the saftey knows the same thing hes going to catch him cheating and make the pass that theoretically the coverage takes away.  He did it to perfection put the ball on the money and won the game.  Late in the game vs Quarters coverage.  jaguars go to coverage.  Quarters meaning the outside corners and saftey each have the deepest guy in their quarter of  the field.  Taylor's tendency is to throw the ball over the middle short all year.  Thompson outside runs a deep post.  As the Te breaks over the middle both safties stop or slow there depth expecting the pass short.  If Taylor rips it to the post the Bills score a Td.  NFL teams self scout and know their own tendencies I would almost guarantee that play was called multiple times and the post is there.  Taylor never adjusts and the Bills lose the game.

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Looking back at this post sure makes me think you were mad.

You called me a few things in this post that I didn't point out but man you sure sounded mad.

If you haven't seen the million Tyrod love fest threads I don't know what to tell you. I like to see both sides of a coin but in those threads when something negative would ve posted said poster would get attacked and called names. You still sound mad bro.

Oh yeah.  I was mad then.  That was momentary though.   Happens at various times when people post some things.

I get over things quickly.   I know better.  It is a forum.

Trust me.   I'm not mad.   I would rather laugh or walk away before getting lingering pissed.   :thumbsup:

I try to practice that emotional intelligence thing I talked about in another thread on here - the one where Shady looked pissed after the game.

Edited by PolishDave

30 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Fair point. However, equally frustrating are the people blaming other players for things that ARE Taylor's fault, like someone did earlier in this thread on the O'Leary endzone throw.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Fair point. However, equally frustrating are the people blaming other players for things that ARE Taylor's fault, like someone did earlier in this thread on the O'Leary endzone throw.

I guess I don't notice them because I don't hold hatred for Tyrod.   I have no other explanation for why I don't notice them.  

Well, I guess I have seen some praise here and there that was over the top, but it wasn't people volunteering that praise unprovoked day after day thread after thread post after post.

It was one or two guys saying it and then moving on.

The negative stuff however is day after day, thread after thread, post after post - and it's about a guy who is very, very likely heading out the door.   Get me?

And the negative stuff gets so over the top and so overdone that it provokes people to come out and defend against it - which then makes it look like everyone loves the guy - which they don't.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

How is it that you single out Tyrod for this.      Dennison is old enough to be Tyrod's father.   And he is the coach.    What about the QB coach?   What about the head coach?   Why aren't you sharing the blame where it belongs?

Tyrod could have noticed it sure.   But friggin nobody did.   And those other guys have WAY more experience than Tyrod breaking down defenses.    You are blaming Tyrod just because you are a hater.   You aren't being objective about it at all.   Realistically it is a complete COACHING fail.    

If the coaches come out and say they did notice it and did integrate that into the game plan and Tyrod just ignored it, well then okay - Tyrod's fault.   I didn't hear anyone say that.  Did you?

I hate defending Tyrod now because I think he flat out sucked in that game.   You bastards make it impossible to ignore though because of your incessant blame on him for anything and everything that isn't Tom Brady perfect.   WTF man?  WTF?

he's one of the worst to talk to around here when it comes to being rational about taylor. don't bother with him.....

and your last statement is exactly how I feel. I don't even like going to bat for taylor becuz I've been soooo over him for so long now but there are certain people that say the most idiotic things and then I find myself arguing for taylor over and over again. you hit the nail on the head with all of this post.

44 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Thats why I posted right after the game that I don't know how McD watches that game film and doesn't come out wanting a new QB. 

If Taylor is on this team next season McD will take the heat for Taylor sucking and also making over 16 mil.

I think it's been pretty obvious for a while that they intend to find a new QB

48 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

From my Ravens fans perspective, it's all on Tyrod.  They said when he was there with Dennison his problem wasn't exactly the same problem that we experience in Buffalo where TT is timid but it is indicative of it.  His problem in Baltimore was he took off too much.  He made the one read and took off.  Here, he just seems very timid at times.  I'm not sure what that is or why that is.

I'm not into bashing TT.  I've seen him do better than this season. 

Edited by NewEraBills

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Well, I guess I have seen some praise here and there that was over the top, but it wasn't people volunteering that praise unprovoked day after day thread after thread post after post.

PolishDave meet transplant, transplant meet PolishDave.  

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Right on man.

I like how I am the bad guy all the time, how dare I say anything bad about the all mighty savior, the great playoff QB that took us single handedly to the playoffs and does no wrong. Never the QBs fault in this passing league, always everyone elses. 3 years running. How dare I have a different opinion.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ahh yes.  He does go over the top.  I have noticed that.   I honestly don't read most of what he writes because it is usually WAY too long.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

the all mighty savior

That guy is here too.   I think he is a Peterman fan. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Ahh yes.  He does go over the top.  I have noticed that.   I honestly don't read most of what he writes because it is usually WAY too long.

That is why many go over the top on him because of those threads. I guess if you do not read them you wouldn't understand.

I agree with you saying it gets frustrating trying to explain in a MB.

15 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

From my Ravens fans perspective, it's all on Tyrod.  They said when he was there with Dennison his problem wasn't exactly the same problem that we experience in Buffalo where TT is timid but it is indicative of it.  His problem in Baltimore was he took off too much.  He made the one read and took off.  Here, he just seems very timid at times.  I'm not sure what that is or why that is.

I get what you are saying.

I just don't understand how that has anything to do with or relates at all to whether Baltimore ran the same offense then that Buffalo is running now?

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I get what you are saying.

I just don't understand how that has anything to do with or relates at all to whether Baltimore ran the same offense then that Buffalo is running now?

I'd think the concepts that TT picked up then are the same.  I'm just guessing.  Some of the formations are the same (not guessing).  I'd think many of the checks are the same.  Also would think the verbiage is very similar.  But I'm just guessing.

Edited by NewEraBills