YoloinOhio

Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

QB-centric, and has worked with the likes of Favre, Rogers, and Wilson. Works for me, go get him immediately.

I still might prefer DeFilippo as OC and Dorsey as QB Coach, but Bevell would be an upgrade over Dennison as well.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Hypothetically speaking if Bevell is hired here.....Josh Allen might fit that mold.

I have a physical reaction to the thought of Josh Allen as a Bill...... and not in a good way.  

Would anyone be interested in Seahawks OC Bevell and Louisville's Jackson? Would seem like an interesting combo if true Bevell is being let go.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I have a physical reaction to the thought of Josh Allen as a Bill...... and not in a good way.  

Six to midnight 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure Bills intreviewed him for HC either last year or in 2015.

2015.  His stock kind of declined after that play call to pass on 2nd and goal from the 1-yard line with 26 seconds left, behind 28-26 in the 2014 Superbowl

And so has the Seahawks offense, but I'm not entirely sure that's his fault vs. a decline in the quality of the OL and the quality of the RB

Marshawn Lynch >>>>> Bready Lazy, but what's happened to Thomas Rawls?  Without seeing many of their games, I'd look to the line.  Have they moved away from the run first O that was their strength because they think Wilson is so improved as a conventional QB, or because they can't run as well due to OL play?

I suppose he could have "creative differences" with Carroll, but it seems more like scapegoating - "we didn't make the playoffs so someone's head must roll"

Though injuries are much responsible, one would have to credit the decline of the Seahawks D from 3 to 13 for the problems.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know much about him other than he was one person projected to go #1 overall then had a bad year....might not even be a first rounder now.

Big arm, athletic but bad footwork and inconsistent accuracy.  Almost sounds like Paxton Lynch.

• Like 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Almost sounds like Paxton Lynch.

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

2015.  His stock kind of declined after that play call to pass on 2nd and goal from the 1-yard line with 26 seconds left, behind 28-26 in the 2014 Superbowl

And so has the Seahawks offense, but I'm not entirely sure that's his fault vs. a decline in the quality of the OL and the quality of the RB

Marshawn Lynch >>>>> Bready Lazy, but what's happened to Thomas Rawls?  Without seeing many of their games, I'd look to the line.  Have they moved away from the run first O that was their strength because they think Wilson is so improved as a conventional QB, or because they can't run as well due to OL play?

I suppose he could have "creative differences" with Carroll, but it seems more like scapegoating - "we didn't make the playoffs so someone's head must roll"

Though injuries are much responsible, one would have to credit the decline of the Seahawks D from 3 to 13 for the problems.

Yeah, not real keen on the recent string of infamous play calls, but he may also be the best QB developer available. Tough on.

This would be an amazing get. 

46 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Did Bevell call the pass play against the Patriots in the Superbowl or did he call for Lynch to run the ball and was overridden by Carroll or did Wilson audible and change his call?

Very Rico’ish

WOW.  By far the best OC candidate.  How they could let him go is mystifying. 

Git er done Buddy!

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Seems like he would be a nice upgrade over Dennison.

A 15 year old madden player would be an upgrade over Dennison

2 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Amazing what that guy did over the years without much talent.

For values of "no talent" that include Russ Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Jimmy Graham, that is

Just now, billsfan11 said:

A 15 year old madden player would be an upgrade over Dennison

LOL.

What's funny is the last time I played Madden, I was 15.  I put Reed and Moulds in the slot and ran slants all day.  It couldn't be stopped.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

What's funny is the last time I played Madden, I was 15.  I put Reed and Moulds in the slot and ran slants all day.  It couldn't be stopped.

I love it. The problem is that Tyrod doesn't throw slants.  

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tom Cable next?? The worst part of that offense is the OL. If it was halfway competent Russ wouldn’t have had to perform weekly miracles. 

Agree on the OL, and I think that rests on player personnel decisions.  If you don't want to pay your LT, fine, but you need a plan to replace him

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Seems like he would be a nice upgrade over Dennison.

So would a wet sock. And I HATE wet socks. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

WOW.  By far the best OC candidate.  How they could let him go is mystifying. 

Git er done Buddy!

This is what happens when you miss the playoffs once in 7 years and go 9-7. We could only dream of that type of continuous success!

He’s absolutely horrible. Seahawk fans are excited he’s gone. A big no thanks! 

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This is what happens when you miss the playoffs once in 7 years and go 9-7. We could only dream of that type of continuous success!

No kidding--the Seahawks have first-world problems...

The Bills just got indoor plumbing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

He’s absolutely horrible. Seahawk fans are excited he’s gone. A big no thanks! 

I barely trust the opinion of Bills fans, I definitely dont care what Seattle fans who have only been following football for the last 6 years think.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I barely trust the opinion of Bills fans, I definitely dont care what Seattle fans who have only been following football for the last 6 years think.

I get that. Terrible bandwagon fans. However, I do watch every Seahawks game as I live in Seattle and desperately root for them to lose lol. His offense is uninspiring and predictable play calling imo. I’ve seen enough to not want anything to do with him. 

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

I get that. Terrible bandwagon fans. However, I do watch every Seahawks game as I live in Seattle and desperately root for them to lose lol. His offense is uninspiring and predictable play calling imo. I’ve seen enough to not want anything to do with him. 

Yeah, I said as much up-thread as well. However, his QB development experience is undeniable and one of our most important priorities this offseason.

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Maybe because his only offensive weapon is the QB? 

1 hour ago, RobH063 said:

Did Bevell call the pass play against the Patriots in the Superbowl or did he call for Lynch to run the ball and was overridden by Carroll or did Wilson audible and change his call?

Bevell has said repeatedly it was his call and he wouldn't change it.  Carroll has said he approved it: he liked the call just not the result.

Interestingly, SI did a piece where they mentioned interviewing different coaches and QB and none of them would have called a run against the package NE put in.

I wonder, though, how much of that is "professional courtesy", not wanting to dis off one of their own in the national media. 

I still think that call was a case of smart coaches overthinking and outsmarting themselves.  Dance with the guy who brung ya.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan