Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

YoloinOhio

Just now, JaCrispy said:

doesn’t matter- nobody will ever convince me that was the right call...it was 1st down with plenty of time left...You gotta run the ball...and even if you’re gonna throw, it HAS to be a corner fade where only the receiver can get it imo.

Perhaps.

I'm not saying it was the right call, but the execution stunk causing it's demise is all I was saying.  Dude sets pick like he supposed to and Seattle now owns 2 Lombardis instead of only 1.Or if Russell doesn't telegraph the play, same thing.

I wouldn't worry about this call though if I were Coach McDermott.  The guy has done a ton of great stuff for Seattle and Vikings before that.  He knows how to adapt his Offense to personnel he has. Seattle is what they are because he encourages Russell to be Russell.  If we had Russell on our team this year and tried to pigeon hole him as  a pocket passer, I suspect the results would be not so good.

Who do you like for OC?

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Perhaps.

I'm not saying it was the right call, but the execution stunk causing it's demise is all I was saying.  Dude sets pick like he supposed to and Seattle now owns 2 Lombardis instead of only 1.Or if Russell doesn't telegraph the play, same thing.

I wouldn't worry about this call though if I were Coach McDermott.  The guy has done a ton of great stuff for Seattle and Vikings before that.  He knows how to adapt his Offense to personnel he has. Seattle is what they are because he encourages Russell to be Russell.  If we had Russell on our team this year and tried to pigeon hole him as  a pocket passer, I suspect the results would be not so good.

Who do you like for OC?

No real preference as I don’t really know much about them...however, I would prefer a more aggressive vertical attack as opposed to the horizontal ball control scheme that we currently have...I want the Bills to be in the business of scoring as many points as quickly as they possibly can...so I guess I want whichever coordinator has that philosophy. :thumbsup:

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you want to pick up Taylor’s option which I believe between $16-$18 million regardless of who our OC is?

Not to mention, comparing Russ to Tyrod, is ridiculous. Bevell scouted and pounded the table for Russ, so working with him and knowing his strengths was years in the making. Tyrod does not have the QB chops...Bevell did not miraculously make Russ who he is and was, he simply accentuated the existing capabilities. 

I’m all in on Bevell, but I would rather him look at the QBs in the Draft and have a say in which one is the future, rather than strapping Tyrod to him.

Would love Bevell as OC.

I know Tom Cable is a well known name and has been in head coaching rumors, but he's had an awful o line for years now (to be fair he hasn't had much talent, but still...). Not sure i'd have any interest in him as out o Lin coach. 

12 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I will take a second to connect some dots. 

Bevell was originally hired by Mike Sherman who is a Mike Holmgren guy and coached with Andy Reid in Green Bay. When Mike Sherman got hired by Green Bay he brought Bevell on staff. During this time Brad Childress was Andy Reid's offensive coordinator in Philly. When the Vikings hired Childress, he hired Bevell. When Childress was let go and Leslie Frazier was made head coach, Frazier let Bevell go and he went to Seattle. 

So there are some connections there as McDermott and Bevell are part of the same coaching tree .  

It was 2015 before we hired Rex Ryan. 

Thanks!  Good connections!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Would love Bevell as OC.

I know Tom Cable is a well known name and has been in head coaching rumors, but he's had an awful o line for years now (to be fair he hasn't had much talent, but still...). Not sure i'd have any interest in him as out o Lin coach. 

If punching one of your fellow coaches is part of the process, then I'm in.

Seriously, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 99 3/4 inch pole. His units have stunk in Seattle for Years and years.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

If punching one of your fellow coaches is part of the process, then I'm in.

Seriously, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 99 3/4 inch pole. His units have stunk in Seattle for Years and years.

Yeah I remember that. 

I think there's also allegations of abuse toward women, too. 

He was never charged in either case so who knows. But that's besides the point.

Like you said, his units have sucked for years which is the reason I have no interest in him. 

The criticism of this guy for the goalline pass in the SB is the biggest case of mass parrotism that I've ever seen. Collinsworth said it right when it happened and everyone's repeated it like it was their own opinion ever since.

The truth is that it was a high percentage play, running Lynch was not the sure thing everyone makes it out to be, and if not for an unlikely INT he's a SB winning genius who passed when NE was looking run.

• Like (+1) 1