Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

A Marshawn Lynch they never replaced, a nice WR that he helped develop, a middling Jermaine Kearse and a disappointing, failed, Jimmy Graham.  You didn't even get to the OL and what they did there...

Marshawn Lynch is a candidate HOF RB.  Those guys are hard to replace.

The point is, however it got there, Bevell has had talent at his disposal. 

The OL is a disaster and one of the main reasons why I think firing Bevell is scapegoating at its finest - but I don't watch the Seasnakes that much

(with 65 receptions for >900 yds last year, I wouldn't exactly call Graham a failure, and with a career year pushing 900 yds I'd call Kearse better than middling, but them's nits)

1 minute ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

"Tragic", "Horrific", "Catastrophic"? :)

unfortunately at this point the word "delusional" comes to mind

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then you need to take a few steps closer to your TV.

The Seahawks have had a top 10 Offense in points scored 5 times since 2012.  They were 11th this year--without a RB.  Wilson threw 34 TDs.

When you're right, you're right

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:
2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

Did Bevell call the pass play against the Patriots in the Superbowl or did he call for Lynch to run the ball and was overridden by Carroll or did Wilson audible and change his call?

Bevell has said repeatedly it was his call and he wouldn't change it.  Carroll has said he approved it: he liked the call just not the result.

Interestingly, SI did a piece where they mentioned interviewing different coaches and QB and none of them would have called a run against the package NE put in.

I wonder, though, how much of that is "professional courtesy", not wanting to dis off one of their own in the national media. 

I still think that call was a case of smart coaches overthinking and outsmarting themselves.  Dance with the guy who brung ya.

I don't know who did what. Who called what. Whose covering for who. All I know is Dennison, who I don't want to keep, calls an RPO that involves the pass play to Benjamin and a lot of people were P.O.'d because they thought a run should have been called. I know it was a RPO and ultimately it's Taylor who makes that decision but Dennison could have called for strictly a run play instead. Then you have Bevell who supposedly called a pass play when just about everyone thought a run should have been called. To my knowledge, that was not a RPO play. I'm just not sure if hiring Bevell is the right move if he's susceptible to making the same types of calls. I don't know all that much about his play calling abilities. Likely better than Dennison. It would be interesting to know if a better QB would have made the same decision. Taylor chose to go pass rather than run on the Benjamin end zone play but Shady was playing pretty damn good. Maybe he should have a try or two to punch it in.

38 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the problems with getting cute in the redzone didn't just start this last sunday

Dennison's play calling was putrid in the red zone pretty much all year.

Tyrod also sucks in the red zone. You need to be able to throw balls in tight windows that get much tighter down inside the 20. You also need to be able to throw guys open with anticipation. He's terrible at both of those things. As much as Peterman sucked, he actually completed a great fade on the goaline in the snow. Tyrod can't make that throw. 

Did his play calling suck because he was limited by his quarterback?  I hope we never find out because they both need to get kicked to the curb. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Tyrod also sucks in the red zone. You need to be able to throw balls in tight windows that get much tighter down inside the 20. You also need to be able to throw guys open with anticipation. He's terrible at both of those things. As much as Peterman sucked, he actually completed a great fade on the goaline in the snow. Tyrod can't make that throw. 

Did his play calling suck because he was limited by his quarterback?  I hope we never find out because they both need to get kicked to the curb. 

You do realize that last year our Offense was among the top in the league in Red Zone scoring, right?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

redzone offense last year was top 10 if i'm not mistaken. don't mistake that as me making excuses for taylor.... but dennison has to be held accountable for that decline.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You do realize that last year our Offense was among the top in the league in Red Zone scoring, right?

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

redzone offense last year was top 10 if i'm not mistaken. don't mistake that as me making excuses for taylor.... but dennison has to be held accountable for that decline.

Yep I'm with you guys. i think we were great in the redzone because of the scheme. Designing a red zone offense around Tyrod makes sense. Having him throw fades does not. 

I know I'm talking in circles, I guess the bottom line is that Dennison sucks and Tyrod can be good with a really strong run game and an offense that plays to his strengths. But he cannot be sucessful in the red zone in a more conventional WCO. 

I still want them both gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

It'll be ironic if  McCoy comes in and says "I can build and offense around Tryod Taylor's skillset and we can win a SB with Tryod "

He'd be kicked out of the interview and not allowed back on Pegula's plane. It would be right to the bus station for him.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hypothetically speaking if Bevell is hired here.....Josh Allen might fit that mold.

Will it help his accuracy?

Bevell'd be GREAT to work with Hotrod.  He tailors his offense to HIs players strength as opposed to shoe horning his QB into a pocket passer if that's not his thing.

I really hope we hire this guy.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Will it help his accuracy?

Bevell'd be GREAT to work with Hotrod.  He tailors his offense to HIs players strength as opposed to shoe horning his QB into a pocket passer if that's not his thing.

I really hope we hire this guy.

Taylor is going to be gone.  With the way he played last year, I'm not even sure he gets another starting job.