Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This is what happens when you miss the playoffs once in 7 years and go 9-7. We could only dream of that type of continuous success!

No kidding--the Seahawks have first-world problems...

The Bills just got indoor plumbing.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I barely trust the opinion of Bills fans, I definitely dont care what Seattle fans who have only been following football for the last 6 years think.

I get that. Terrible bandwagon fans. However, I do watch every Seahawks game as I live in Seattle and desperately root for them to lose lol. His offense is uninspiring and predictable play calling imo. I’ve seen enough to not want anything to do with him. 

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

I get that. Terrible bandwagon fans. However, I do watch every Seahawks game as I live in Seattle and desperately root for them to lose lol. His offense is uninspiring and predictable play calling imo. I’ve seen enough to not want anything to do with him. 

Yeah, I said as much up-thread as well. However, his QB development experience is undeniable and one of our most important priorities this offseason.

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Maybe because his only offensive weapon is the QB? 

1 hour ago, RobH063 said:

Did Bevell call the pass play against the Patriots in the Superbowl or did he call for Lynch to run the ball and was overridden by Carroll or did Wilson audible and change his call?

Bevell has said repeatedly it was his call and he wouldn't change it.  Carroll has said he approved it: he liked the call just not the result.

Interestingly, SI did a piece where they mentioned interviewing different coaches and QB and none of them would have called a run against the package NE put in.

I wonder, though, how much of that is "professional courtesy", not wanting to dis off one of their own in the national media. 

I still think that call was a case of smart coaches overthinking and outsmarting themselves.  Dance with the guy who brung ya.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

10 minutes ago, Maynard said:

He’s absolutely horrible. Seahawk fans are excited he’s gone. A big no thanks! 

No offense, but I don't think Seahawk fans know too much about football.

And shitcanning your OC after the first year missing the playoffs when you gave him an OL composed of bailing wire and string and your D fell off big time is lukewarm IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, I said as much up-thread as well. However, his QB development experience is undeniable and one of our most important priorities this offseason.

I’ll give you that, he did a good job with Wilson. How much is Wilson and how much is Bevell I can’t really say though. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe because his only offensive weapon is the QB? 

They definitely have some receiving weapons, the OL is garbage though. 

35 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

QB-centric, and has worked with the likes of Favre, Rogers, and Wilson. Works for me, go get him immediately.

I still might prefer DeFilippo as OC and Dorsey as QB Coach, but Bevell would be an upgrade over Dennison as well.

I think DeFilippo would be my choice as well.  I think he'd bring a far more innovative offense and I love what he's done with Wentz.  Bevell would be by my 2nd choice.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No offense, but I don't think Seahawk fans know too much about football.

And shitcanning your OC after the first year missing the playoffs when you gave him an OL composed of bailing wire and string and your D fell off big time is lukewarm IMO.

That OL is disgusting. I’ve been watching his offense since 2012 though and it doesn’t do much for me. Dennison has been crap as well though. 

2 minutes ago, jaycorp51 said:

I think DeFilippo would be my choice as well.  I think he'd bring a far more innovative offense and I love what he's done with Wentz.  Bevell would be by my 2nd choice.

I would rather have DeFilippo as well.