Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh good.  I think I could have designed an O for Brett Favre.  

That was arguably Brett Favre's best year of his career, at almost 40 years old with Minnesota.

4202 yards

33 TD's and 7 Int's. 

Very impressive. Bevell would be a great hire. 

That's a tough one, the guy has consistently been strapped with one of the worse OLs in the league. He's also hasn't had much in terms of talent on the offense besides Wilson. It's Wilson, an aging Jimmy Graham, a bunch of small-speedy WRs and no one at running back.

The biggest one for me, he knows who to develop a young QB and build an offense around him, so that he can succeed.

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Seahawks led the league in rushing in 2014 and Wilson led the league in TD passes in 2017.

Bevell has done a fantastic job with street free agents for an offensive line.  He’d do wonders here.

The offensive line is easily the worst in the NFL.  Not even close.  If we are looking at a mobile freelancer at Quarterback he would absolutely be my target.  If they want what they say they want then I think there are better hires out there. I wouldn't hate Bevell here.... I'd prefer him to Mike McCoy or Chud.... but his offense is a better fit for a guy who can get outside of the pocket.  Aside from Favre his success came with Wilson and TJax. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The offensive line is easily the worst in the NFL.  Not even close.  If we are looking at a mobile freelancer at Quarterback he would absolutely be my target.  If they want what they say they want then I think there are better hires out there. I wouldn't hate Bevell here.... I'd prefer him to Mike McCoy or Chud.... but his offense is a better fit for a guy who can get outside of the pocket.  Aside from Favre his success came with Wilson and TJax. 

Hypothetically speaking if Bevell is hired here.....Josh Allen might fit that mold.

QB-centric, and has worked with the likes of Favre, Rogers, and Wilson. Works for me, go get him immediately.

I still might prefer DeFilippo as OC and Dorsey as QB Coach, but Bevell would be an upgrade over Dennison as well.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure Bills intreviewed him for HC either last year or in 2015.

2015.  His stock kind of declined after that play call to pass on 2nd and goal from the 1-yard line with 26 seconds left, behind 28-26 in the 2014 Superbowl

And so has the Seahawks offense, but I'm not entirely sure that's his fault vs. a decline in the quality of the OL and the quality of the RB

Marshawn Lynch >>>>> Bready Lazy, but what's happened to Thomas Rawls?  Without seeing many of their games, I'd look to the line.  Have they moved away from the run first O that was their strength because they think Wilson is so improved as a conventional QB, or because they can't run as well due to OL play?

I suppose he could have "creative differences" with Carroll, but it seems more like scapegoating - "we didn't make the playoffs so someone's head must roll"

Though injuries are much responsible, one would have to credit the decline of the Seahawks D from 3 to 13 for the problems.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a physical reaction to the thought of Josh Allen as a Bill...... and not in a good way.  

I don't know much about him other than he was one person projected to go #1 overall then had a bad year....might not even be a first rounder now.

Big arm, athletic but bad footwork and inconsistent accuracy.  Almost sounds like Paxton Lynch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

2015.  His stock kind of declined after that play call to pass on 2nd and goal from the 1-yard line with 26 seconds left, behind 28-26 in the 2014 Superbowl

And so has the Seahawks offense, but I'm not entirely sure that's his fault vs. a decline in the quality of the OL and the quality of the RB

Marshawn Lynch >>>>> Bready Lazy, but what's happened to Thomas Rawls?  Without seeing many of their games, I'd look to the line.  Have they moved away from the run first O that was their strength because they think Wilson is so improved as a conventional QB, or because they can't run as well due to OL play?

I suppose he could have "creative differences" with Carroll, but it seems more like scapegoating - "we didn't make the playoffs so someone's head must roll"

Though injuries are much responsible, one would have to credit the decline of the Seahawks D from 3 to 13 for the problems.

Yeah, not real keen on the recent string of infamous play calls, but he may also be the best QB developer available. Tough on.