Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Interviewed him in the Rex round.  Interviewed their DC Kris Richard last year. 

If you really like Baker Mayfield he would not be the worst OC hire.  If you are looking more at traditional pocket passers then steer well clear.  

He did just fine with Brett Favre.  He can work with any type of QB.  His issue has been designing the running game... Bevell would be a GREAT hire IMO.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh good.  I think I could have designed an O for Brett Favre.  

The Seahawks led the league in rushing in 2014 and Wilson led the league in TD passes in 2017.

Bevell has done a fantastic job with street free agents for an offensive line.  He’d do wonders here.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

This is the one I didn't see coming....but he is DEFINITELY the one I would go get. 

Several years ago I posted about his influence on Drafting Russell Wilson and how he got the most out of Favre in the twilight of his career. Super Bowl ring and loads of experience. Honestly, I have NO idea how he hasn't become a HC already, but if he stays at the Coordinator position, the Bills would be outlandishly stupid not to reach out and test the waters to see if he has ANY interest in identifying and developing another QB and installing his Offense. 

Another positive? He knows how to run the ball and get the most out of his QB, as Pete Carroll has said, Russell Wilson was all Bevell - this would be such a huge "get" for the Bills if they found a way to get him.

36 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

When Bevell was OC in Minnesota, Leslie Frazier was DC. That could be a connection. 

Frazier basically fired him when he went from interim head coach to head coach. But who knows? Frazier replaced him with Bill Musgrave and Bevell wound up in Seattle. 

But Frazier doesn't make the decisions, and one would assume he regrets that decision. I'd be all for a Bevell hire.  

Edited by MrEpsYtown

6 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Did Bevell call the pass play against the Patriots in the Superbowl or did he call for Lynch to run the ball and was overridden by Carroll or did Wilson audible and change his call?

Carroll took the blame but I believe it was Bevell. I don’t think it was an audible. It was a called pass. This is just from memory. 

I will take a second to connect some dots. 

Bevell was originally hired by Mike Sherman who is a Mike Holmgren guy and coached with Andy Reid in Green Bay. When Mike Sherman got hired by Green Bay he brought Bevell on staff. During this time Brad Childress was Andy Reid's offensive coordinator in Philly. When the Vikings hired Childress, he hired Bevell. When Childress was let go and Leslie Frazier was made head coach, Frazier let Bevell go and he went to Seattle. 

So there are some connections there as McDermott and Bevell are part of the same coaching tree .  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure Bills intreviewed him for HC either last year or in 2015.

It was 2015 before we hired Rex Ryan. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Did Bevell call the pass play against the Patriots in the Superbowl or did he call for Lynch to run the ball and was overridden by Carroll or did Wilson audible and change his call?

I think ANY Bills fan at this point, would take that kind of proximity to a Super Bowl win...also, if it was him, and it probably was, we can all learn right? This alone would set the Bills ahead 5 paces before anything else in the Off-season happened....and he'll be in high demand.