2 1st Round QBs or Trading up for 1

Which would you rather do?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather do?

• Mayfield OR Allen
    • Rudolph and Jackson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2018 at 12:00 AM

55 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

We’re in for a show this offseason, that’s for sure. 

Im positive Tyrod isn’t on this team next year. 

They HAVE to do something huge. Even drafting Rudolph is huge. 

I dont think Jackson isnt our guy only because Rudolph is the most “process” guy in the draft class. Seriously, look him up. Rudolph is going to be the apple of McBeane’s eyes he’s so processy. 

I am really excited about them getting Rudolph. I think they will have to move up a little to get him because of other teams wanting to move up before us to grab him IMO.

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The point he was making is that they used a 1st to take Walsh in the supplemental. That means they forfeit their 1st in the next draft (hence 2 1sts).

I’m not a Rudolph guy. Allen and Jackson have big upside but are a year away at least. You’d have to have a vet if you drafted one of them. Baker is my choice of realistic guys (excludes Rosen/Darnold).

I wouldn't mind a cheap vet but IMO Rudolph will be ready to go a few games in the season if not sooner IMO. So why bother just use Peterman those few games. Allen Jackson will be lucky to be ready 2019 IMO.

In order of my choices, I do like Mayfield but he is 3rd on my list for McD. I like Darnold but doubt of any chance for Bills, I think Cleveland lands him regardless. Giants trade could get us Rosen, maybe. Just like the Sabres draft who is left of the top 2 for us, Darnold/Rosen if we got that 2nd pick.. 

Rosen

Rudolph

Mayfield

Edited by xRUSHx

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The point he was making is that they used a 1st to take Walsh in the supplemental. That means they forfeit their 1st in the next draft (hence 2 1sts).

I’m not a Rudolph guy. Allen and Jackson have big upside but are a year away at least. You’d have to have a vet if you drafted one of them. Baker is my choice of realistic guys (excludes Rosen/Darnold).

Got it, thanks. But technically it's not 2 firsts in the same year, as far as regular draft is concerned, which is the discussion here.

Just now, klos63 said:

Got it, thanks. But technically it's not 2 firsts in the same year, as far as regular draft is concerned, which is the discussion here.

No, it’s the equivalent of using a 1st on a QB in back-to-back drafts. I’m not positive but I think that they are the last (and maybe only) team to have ever done that. 

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I am really excited about them getting Rudolph. I think they will have to move up a little to get him because of other teams wanting to move up before us to grab him IMO.

I wouldn't mind a cheap vet but IMO Rudolph will be ready to go a few games in the season if not sooner IMO. Allen Jackson will be lucky to be ready 2019 IMO.

I don’t disagree with that. I just don’t think Rudolph has a lot of upside. To me, his ceiling is Dalton. That doesn’t inspire me. He will be ready to go early though. With the exception of Rosen I think Rudolph is most ready to play day 1. 

Baker may not be an option but he’d be my target. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, it’s the equivalent of using a 1st on a QB in back-to-back drafts. I’m not positive but I think that they are the last (and maybe only) team to have ever done that. 

I don’t disagree with that. I just don’t think Rudolph has a lot of upside. To me, his ceiling is Dalton. That doesn’t inspire me. He will be ready to go early though. With the exception of Rosen I think Rudolph is most ready to play day 1. 

Baker may not be an option but he’d be my target. 

Wow, I think Rudolph has a huge upside. Oh well to each his own I guess. I think Denver is going to go hard for Baker and will trade the farm to get him if they have to stop a team from getting him. I sure wouldnt mind having Mayfield on the Bills though.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

I think it's stretch to call the supplemental draft the equivalent of the regular draft.

Not a huge one.  That forfeited 1st rounder In '90 would've been the #1 overall due to their '89 1-15 season.

They drafted 2 QBs they considered worth 1st rounders in '89 & ended up spending high 1st round picks on both.

no to the trade up and overreaching for a QB.  Better yet, trade down, and stockpile picks in a very deep and talented draft.  I just noticed that we will have consecutive picks in rounds 1 and 2.  That gives us some flexibilitiy

I'd really love to hear how you possibly could find enough time to develop 2 rookies and have an idea if either of them can play. I've read that the backup QB #2 guy gets like 6 snaps a week with the first team, #3 guy probably gets none.  Even off season and training camp is so limited as the amount of time you can be on the field.  While I've never heard specifics, but am sure even time spent in meetings is probably specified.

You're not going to cut a 1st round draft pick after two seasons so even with little improvement, you wouldn't let him go yet and likely would give him a 3rd season. In one more year the guy who's hardly played contract only has one year left.  It likely would also mean keeping three QB's on the active roster as you wouldn't want to go with a rookie in a game if your starter gets hurt so now tying up more roster spots on QB's. While I haven't completely given up hope on Petermann, based on his current resume, he may be the kind of guy you could cut the final week and bring him back as not likely to get picked up by anyone else, can't do that with a high pick QB.

Keep seeing these posts, draft a QB every season, or draft two like this post.  The only thing that will accomplish for certain is wasting one draft pick and if the one you do go with doesn't work out, you've now wasted two.  There's just not enough time to do this effectively

34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not a huge one.  That forfeited 1st rounder In '90 would've been the #1 overall due to their '89 1-15 season.

They drafted 2 QBs they considered worth 1st rounders in '89 & ended up spending high 1st round picks on both.

I understand what you are saying, but the discussion centered around drafting 2 QB's in the 1st round of THE SAME DRAFT, that's what I was referring to.

49 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I understand what you are saying, but the discussion centered around drafting 2 QB's in the 1st round of THE SAME DRAFT, that's what I was referring to.

Your point's clear as well.

But having 2 1st rounders back in '89 gave the Pokes the same issues that people are stating would occur by drafting 2 1st round QB's this year.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Your point's clear as well.

But having 2 1st rounders back in '89 gave the Pokes the same issues that people are stating would occur by drafting 2 1st round QB's this year.

good point. I should just stop.

I'm not necessarily against taking two !st round QBs, but I am against taking Jackson at all.

If Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2, and Allen goes top 5, the Bills will probably need to trade up as high as they can (~#7) with #21 and #22 just to land Rudolph alone. Which is fine with me.