Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He obviously hasn’t seen Trent Edwards play. Kornheiser gets paid to say “splashy” things.  Tyrod’s not that bad.  Not even close.  He’s just not good.

Trent was good when he threw. He was a pure passer. But he was just as scared to throw as Tyrod is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Trent was good when he threw. He was a pure passer. But he was just as scared to throw as Tyrod is.

Kind of fits Bortles too. He was a pathetic wreck in that first half. Once he started running he relaxed a bit and made a couple of throws that cause you to recall, all of a sudden, why some scouts loved him.  

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He obviously hasn’t seen Trent Edwards play. Kornheiser gets paid to say “splashy” things.  Tyrod’s not that bad.  Not even close.  He’s just not good.

or EJ Manuel.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Bortles was a helluva lot worse passing the football yesterday. While Taylor's problem yesterday (and for his career) were the throws he chose not to throw, Bortles actually threw the ball a whole bunch but was just wildly inaccurate.

But this thread will inevitably get a whole bunch of mileage from the posters who are just frothing at the mouth to pounce on him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Taylor has a great arm, but it stops there. He has no anticipation and holds the ball way too long. I would be absolutely stunned if he's a Buffalo Bill next season. I'd be happier naming Peterman the starter today and not drafting a qb than bringing back Tyrod for another year. 3 years is enough

• Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Lets be honest: Bortles is right up there with him!

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Kind of fits Bortles too. He was a pathetic wreck in that first half. Once he started running he relaxed a bit and made a couple of throws that cause you to recall, all of a sudden, why some scouts loved him.  

16 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Taylor is bad. But he still wasn't the worst passer in that game. Bortles couldn't hit his FB 8 yards away...and Romo tried to blame the wind.

12 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Did he happen to also watch Bortles?  Now, that guy is just brutal. 

Did you guys even watch the game? The second half?

bortles looked decent, esp during the 2nd half. Much. Much better than trod. 

Trod has to be one of the worse if not the worse in the league. 

Dude flat out can’t ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

A couple years ago, Tyrod would make one or two nice long passes every game.  He doesn't anymore.  It is a rare game where he completes a long pass.The touchdown pass to Nick O'Leary versus Miami was a rare occurrence and I'm guessing it was because O'Leary was so wide open.  Most of the time the ball sails over everybody's head.  I think it is because Tyrod is so afraid of throwing an interception.  It used to be that he never attempted passes in the middle of the field.  Now he does that, but his long passes always sail on him.  The bottom line is there always seems to be an aspect of his game that is completely missing or at least sorely deficient.  It's great that he can run, but it doesn't make up for the things he won't/can't do.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

A couple years ago, Tyrod would make one or two nice long passes every game.  He doesn't anymore.  It is a rare game where he completes a long pass.The touchdown pass to Nick O'Leary versus Miami was a rare occurrence and I'm guessing it was because O'Leary was so wide open.  Most of the time the ball sails over everybody's head.  I think it is because Tyrod is so afraid of throwing an interception.  It used to be that he never attempted passes in the middle of the field.  Now he does that, but his long passes always sail on him.  The bottom line is there always seems to be an aspect of his game that is completely missing or at least sorely deficient.  It's great that he can run, but it doesn't make up for the things he won't/can't do.

Sammy Watkins had the talent required to adjust to and go get a ball.   Nobody currently on the Bills' roster has that level of ball tracking ability.

Oh, that and Dennison also has a history of not calling the deep ball plays very often in games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1