It's a shame that we are losing people like this

I am sure your grand dad's grand dad said the same thing when he was coming of age.  and today's kids will say the same thing to their grand kids.  Kids today are going to do just fine, despite the older generations attempts at bringing them down every step of the way....now get off my lawn!

44 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

like my grand dad used to say, the country is going to hell in a hand basket.

fortunately for him he didn't live to see it come to pass.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

I am sure your grand dad's grand dad said the same thing when he was coming of age.  and today's kids will say the same thing to their grand kids.  Kids today are going to do just fine, despite the older generations attempts at bringing them down every step of the way....now get off my lawn!

8qW00_s-200x150.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

What's with all the millennial hate?

The "Greatest Generation" was replaced with the Baby Boomers, who collectively are the most selfish, greedy generation of all time and who shaped the country into what it is right now and it ain't good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The "Greatest Generation" was replaced with the Baby Boomers, who collectively are the most selfish, greedy generation of all time and who shaped the country into what it is right now and it ain't good.

Just a stab at it:

Another name for Millennial is "Echo Boomer" because they echo their Boomer parents.

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just a stab at it:

Another name for Millennial is "Echo Boomer" because they echo their Boomer parents.

No, whatever generation followed the baby boomers may fit your assessment more accurately. They are the 40 somethings parents that are "beasties"  with their kids and try and fit in with them as much as they can. I'm a 1963 kid and I think that or 64 were the last of the boomers. I think the offenders are generation jones or something like that. I hold out a lot of hope for these millennials, sure they have an augmented sense of reality, but they are innovative with technology and taking risks with what was once considered "cottage industries" 

Edit, I guess I am generation Jones. I didn't realize generation x came so quickly after boomers /Jonesers.

Edited by The Poojer

31 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

No, whatever generation followed the baby boomers may fit your assessment more accurately. They are the 40 somethings parents that are "beasties"  with their kids and try and fit in with them as much as they can. I'm a 1963 kid and I think that or 64 were the last of the boomers. I think the offenders are generation jones or something like that. I hold out a lot of hope for these millennials, sure they have an augmented sense of reality, but they are innovative with technology and taking risks with what was once considered "cottage industries" 

I was born in 1968.  My siblings born '63, '64, & '72. I bend more Boomer than Gen X.

I also hold out hope and promise.  Yet, taking risks with "cottage industries" and tech goes hand in hand with that augmented sense of reality and will only get them so far.  Once the bodies start breaking down, that sense of reality will really hit home and be the greatest liability.  Better hope they have their Boomer parents to fall back on.  How many are doing it now?  Grandparents basically raising the grandchildren.

33 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Edit, I guess I am generation Jones. I didn't realize generation x came so quickly after boomers /Jonesers.

I never heard of "Gen Jonesers."

Interesting...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

And there you have it... How many people today would live in the same house their whole life?

Yeah... It is a shame they don't make them like that anymore!

"Fulmer lived a quiet life in that house for nearly all of his remaining years. It wasn't until the final six weeks of his life that he had to move to the VA Hospital in Syracuse, Lynet said."

People simply aren't satisfied enough anymore... They are pre-occupied with so many other things.  How many actually nail down a lifetime marriage? Yet, we want to go back to the days of being satisfied of living a whole lifetime in the same small house.

There's a lot of give and take here that people today simply don't understand oe care to understand.

On 1/8/2018 at 7:40 PM, Fadingpain said:

I resemble that remark!

On 1/13/2018 at 11:20 AM, Gugny said:

That guy has some pretty big boobs.

ewe

On 1/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Man's man. About as opposite as you can get from the dude above with the big knockers.

On 1/8/2018 at 10:30 PM, The Poojer said:

On 1/8/2018 at 11:01 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I never heard of "Gen Jonesers."

i've never heard of a Gen Joneser either.  When I think of a "Jonser" I'm picturing a scraggly meth head shaking in a corner somewhere