Keep Or Let Go 2018 - My List

Irv

1 minute ago, Badthingsman said:

Congratulations.  You can copy others material.  That's deep.  

Hey, it’s your thread dude.  Let us know what you’re going to do with our ‘18 UFAs and I’ll give you feedback.  What the hell?  Need me to create your threads for you from now on?  

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You're getting rid of over half the team, including contributors like Schmidt, depth guys, and developing players like Zay Jones, but keeping Jordan Mills?  And would you please explain why Taylor stays.

I cut him.  Read again.  Lots of punters out there.  

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hey, it’s your thread dude.  Let us know what you’re going to do with our ‘18 UFAs and I’ll give you feedback.  What the hell?  Need me to create your threads for you from now on?  

Send me another thing you copied and pasted. Have you ever created a thread?  

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay.  It’s clear that we’re dealing with a borderline window licker here. Good luck with this awesome thread.  Bye bye.

So you only bash others. No original ideas.  Bye.  

33 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay.  It’s clear that we’re dealing with a borderline window licker here. Good luck with this awesome thread.  Bye bye.

Is it really that clear?  How can you be so sure we're not dealing with a schizotypal armpit sniffer?  Or a narcisistic paste eater?

3 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Here is the current roster including the injured and practice squad.  A couple of tough decisions, but not many.  I cleaned the clock pretty good so will need to grab quite a few special teams players.  

Name Status
Alexander, Lorenzo Keep
Anderson, Colt Let Go
Benjamin, Kelvin Keep
Borders, Breon Let Go
Bray, Quan Let Go
Brown, Preston Keep
Butler, Jeremy Let Go
Cadet, Travaris Let Go
Capi, Cap Let Go
Carter, Cory Let Go
Clay, Charles Let Go
Croom, Jason Let Go
Davis, Ryan Keep
Dawkins, Dion Keep
DiMarco, Patrick Let Go
Ducasse, Vladimir Keep
Dupre, Malachi Let Go
Ferguson, Reid Let Go
Gaines, E.J. Keep
Glenn, Cordy Let Go
Green, Aaron Let Go
Groy, Ryan Keep
Hatley, Rickey Let Go
Hauschka, Stephen Keep
Henderson, Seantrel Let Go
Holmes, Andre Let Go
Hughes, Jerry Keep
Humber, Ramon Let Go
Hyde, Micah Keep
Incognito, Richie Keep
James, Josh Let Go
Johnson, Leonard Let Go
Jones, Taiwan Let Go
Jones, Zay Let Go
Lacey, Deon Let Go
Lawson, Shaq Keep
Lee, Khari Let Go
Lewis, Marquavius Let Go
Marlowe, Dean Let Go
Matthews, Jordan Let Go
McCoy, LeSean Keep
McDermott, Conor Let Go
Milano, Matt Keep
Miller, John Let Go
Mills, Jordan Keep
Murphy, Marcus Let Go
O'Leary, Nick Keep
Peterman, Nathan Let Go
Pitts, Lafayette Let Go
Poyer, Jordan Keep
Redmond, Adam Let Go
Reilly, Brandon Let Go
Schmidt, Colton Let Go
Tate, Brandon Let Go
Taylor, Tyrod Let Go
Thomas, Logan Let Go
Thomas, Shamarko Let Go
Thompson, Deonte Let Go
Thornton, Cedric Let Go
Tolbert, Mike Let Go
Towbridge, Keith Let Go
Vallejo, Tanner Let Go
Washington, Adolphus Keep
Webb, Joe Let Go
Wesley, De'Ondre Let Go
White, Tre'Davious Keep
Williams, Kyle Let Go
Wood, Eric Keep
Woodson-Luster, Xavier Let Go
Wright, Shareece Let Go
Yarbrough, Eddie Keep

Wow, were you flipping a coin when you did this?

12 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

The list is a good one.  I don't see myself making any changes.  

Really? I just don't get how you made decisions on all these players. Picked out of a hat?

3 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

I enjoy it when so much work goes behind what constitutes an obvious list of knee-jerk decisions. Charles Clay not on this roster costs exactly the same amount as he does, so why would we create a hole for zero cap savings.

F-, see me after class.

Well put......dude was into his cups when making this list up!  That being said there were some names I didn't even know if there!!!  Cap Capi?!?!?

Go Bills

2 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Yes.  There are a million punters out there cheaper and better.  

DUDE!!!  Put.  Down.  The.   Pipe!!!!!

Good lord man - if there were 30 out there better and cheaper they would be on a roster......this ain't RB's we are talking about here man, these guys are NOT a dime a dozen by any stretch.  One game bad game makes me mad but to let him go over essentially 2 bad punts in crummy weather conditions??  Come on!

Just for arguments sake - name 10 better cheaper punters out there - OK 10 is proally too many - how about 5??  2????  No where near you million by any stretch.

Go Bills

Edited by Kwai San

Preston Brown will not be kept, 100% positive. He’s soft, has zero play making ability, slow, liability in coverage and just isn’t the right fit.

Hes a free agent and will be looking to get $5-6M per... not happening.

Not hating on the guy, he just not the best man for the Job.  There are some super athletic LBs, fast with done playmaker ability to be had in the first 50 picks.

At a Beane price tag 

Troll thread...

Attica Arnold?  

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Preston Brown will not be kept, 100% positive. He’s soft, has zero play making ability, slow, liability in coverage and just isn’t the right fit.

Hes a free agent and will be looking to get $5-6M per... not happening.

Not hating on the guy, he just not the best man for the Job.  There are some super athletic LBs, fast with done playmaker ability to be had in the first 50 picks.

At a Beane price tag 

Agreed.  I don’t think he’s terrible, and would love to keep him for SLB depth, but he’ll be asking for more than we are willing to pay.  He’ll get starter $ somewhere else after leading the league in tackling.

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Why are we only keeping 22 members of a playoff roster and letting go of 31, several of which are under contract and would actually cost us money to cut?

That's an easy one to answer, cause the OP is either an idiot, a troll or a 7 year old.  Take your pick

Smart way to run a team, draft rookie,s if they don't make the All Pro first year get rid of them, they're no good

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That's an easy one to answer, cause the OP is either an idiot, a troll or a 7 year old.  Take your pick

Smart way to run a team, draft rookie,s if they don't make the All Pro first year get rid of them, they're no good

You don't have to call names.  Let's see your list.  

I know this will never happen -- too many players to be replaced, cap and contract money difficulties, etc. -- but a wholesale house cleaning is very attractive and might do a world of good. Bold to cut Clay, Matthews, Thompson and Zay but I agree. I'd also send Benjamin on his way. If Glenn is healthy I keep him. Same for Henderson. If Kyle wants to play another year, I keep him, largely because it's too big a "lift" to work in two brand new starting DTs. I think you make a rational (and unpopular with a certain segment around here) decision to keep Brown, Lawson and Washington. But the one bit of "crazy" that I don't understand is cutting Schmidt. Can you explain how you arrived at that choice?

Nice piece of analysis all in all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

You don't have to call names.  Let's see your list.  

When you take a team that went to the playoff and cut 49 players and keep 22, that is just ridiculous and can't be taken very seriously.

Your cutting the 2nd round pick after one season.  LOL

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch