With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Baker Mayfield watch!

I think Lamar Jackson will be their guy. They come from Carolina and they might be thinking they can mold him into a Qb like Newton.

I think Mayfields height and personality will turn them off from perusing him.

• Like (+1) 1

I highly doubt they stay at 21 and 22. Hard to predict whether they'll move up or down, but I would be very surprised if they stay pat.

I think the biggest needs are:

DL

OL

RB

QB

Secondary is solid. LBs you'd like a quicker starter to go with Milano and Brown -- I think Lorenzo can play another year, but you'd like to have a guy to rotate with him. (Lorenzo was a baller today).

Receiver/TE, you'd like a speedster downfield guy, but otherwise you're probably set there with KB, Zay, Clay, and Thompson. 

OL and DL both need talent and depth. OL is aging -- just like we're probably done with Kyle, we should aim to improve from Eric Wood. DL, you have Hughes and guys that should probably be back-ups.

RB, I think you want to aim for a guy like in this year's draft with Fournette, Hunt, etc, who can be "the guy." Split backfield with McCoy for a year or so.

My ideal QB situation is a 4 way competition and you trade the 4th guy at the end of camp. Tyrod and Peterman, a Rookie QB, and a veteran pick-up like Alex Smith. Probably you're trading Peterman at the end of that for whatever you can get, but you could also trade one of the veterans if that's how it shakes out. Tyrod was bad against Jacksonville today but I still say you keep him until you have a clearly better option. It would have been nice to have a legitimate QB2 option when TT is struggling. That's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

Anything can happen, no telling the Vikes could end up winning the Superbowl causing players stock to rise. Could get good trade value for either QB.

don't they become free agents once the Super Bowl ends? Can't trade them now.

I think in FA they’ll bring in Norwell, Richardson (WR SEA) and Star 

then trade Cordy and picks to NYG to draft a QB

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Our OL is awful but we gotta trade up for a QB.  DUH!!!

A good QB can help out the OL

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I know, but I'm thinking out 2 #1s and out 2 #2s are traded away, maybe more

Yeah, I think you're only doing that if you're getting Rosen or Darnold.  I would make that trade and use free agency to upgrade the Oline.

16 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I think Lamar Jackson will be their guy. They come from Carolina and they might be thinking they can mold him into a Qb like Newton.

I think Mayfields height and personality will turn them off from perusing him.

I’m in on Lamar....he has improved his throwing each year....he is dynamic 

Edited by zevo

19 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Now this is a scenario I feel is very plausible, and one that I would absolutely love Beane and McDermott for pulling off.  I am all in on the Baker Mayfield to Bills train.  I ask one question of you Alpha, do you think Mayfield's performance against Georgia will vault him into the top 5, and if so, do we mortgage the farm to go get him?  

I think there are several factors here once you get passed Darnold and Rosen as I strongly believe 3 QB's will be drafted in the top 10.  

1. Baker still elicits concerns over off field or attitude issues (although personally I love the killer mentality on the field and I am not personally worried about his off field stuff).
  2. Baker still elicits concerns over his height, although it doesn't bother me too much.  He is 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson, an inch taller than Brees and only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Rodgers.  All 3 are among NFL Elite, and he is bigger than 2 of em and slightly shorter than 1.  
  3. There are QB's who can move up the draft board EASILY with strong combines and workouts.  The two that come to mind are Allen and Jackson.  In fact, if Jackson has a strong off season, he very well could go top 10 himself, especially after Watson had such a strong showing early which I think helps Jacksons cause a lot...assuming he throws well at the combine and in workouts.  Mason could also make a case, but he is an extreme long shot to leap frog into the 3rd QB taken IMO.  

So, I think if we all want Baker, the guys we NEED to cheer for are Allen and Jackson to show big before the draft.  If they do, We might get Baker with our pick at 21, although I am HIGHLY skeptical he falls that far.  So I am thinking its quite plausible to grab him in the 12-15 range in a trade up unless the other 2 fail to impress as much as Baker this offseason.  

The one wild card though is after Bakers year and playoff game, its also not out of the question for him to leap frog above the 3rd QB spot too.  Although I think teams are too in love with size and raw potential of Darnold and Rosen for that to happen, but its still a possibility.  Long time before the draft, and the QB rankings will be an interesting plot to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the odds are fairly poor that Buffalo drafts a QB in round one.  I think one of the picks is likely to be a DT - Vita Vea or Christian Wilkins come to mind.  The other first round pick will be Roquon Smith if he drops (which I don't expect) or possible a wide receiver.

47 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This team has been “waiting until next year” to draft a QB for far too long. For years we have used draft picks on every other position and it has gotten us nowhere. If B.B. and McD think there is a franchise QB then they should do everything they can to draft him. 

Exactly. End thread here.