Bills vs. Jaguars Wild Card Postgame

Terrific performances from both Defenses, aided and abetted by awful QB play, from both teams.

Bills couldn't take their big opportunity in the first half, and the Jags took theirs in the second.

We didn't get turnovers, and the Jags did. Small margins, but when we weren't playing with a lead, we never looked like being able to score in a hurry.

It is pretty obvious what we need to do beginning immediately. Fire Dennison and get an OC to work with and get a FA QB with all the financial means necessary. Then use our picks to plug holes. McDermott is a good coach, but his OC sucks. And, Taylor is done, his running an athleticism are not even doing much anymore. It was clearly not our day as Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

It is pretty obvious what we need to do beginning immediately. Fire Dennison and get an OC to work with and get a FA QB with all the financial means necessary. Then use our picks to plug holes. McDermott is a good coach, but his OC sucks. And, Taylor is done, his running an athleticism are not even doing much anymore. It was clearly not our day as Bills fans.

This +1

This game was there for the taking. But the Bills failed to make any plays when they needed to.  It was a team effort..... Too many dropped passes, missed throws, poorly timed holding penalties, dropped interceptions, bad play call for the situation.    At some point... Good teams just need to make those plays.  Today, we didn't.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

well stated horned dogs

32 minutes ago, Dan said:

This game was there for the taking. But the Bills failed to make any plays when they needed to.  It was a team effort..... Too many dropped passes, missed throws, poorly timed holding penalties, dropped interceptions, bad play call for the situation.    At some point... Good teams just need to make those plays.  Today, we didn't.

Pretty much sums it up. They had many ways to win this game, many potential game-changers went unmade. JAX looked like the most beatable home team in the playoffs today, Bills can only blame themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

LeSean McCoy doesn't want to hear about how this playoff run might have been a "building block" for Buffalo. McCoy: "We could have won this game. I've never won a playoff game. I wanted to win this game and get it rolling. We had a solid team, good enough team. A great defense. Playmakers. I don't care about the 'building blocks.' I live now, in the moment. And the moment is that we could have won this game. I'm not thinking about the future. I'm thinking about now. We had this thing now. We win this game, we roll into New England. They're one of the best teams but for the most part, we've played them well. We're still a good team, but I was looking forward to that. It stinks."

Game report: Jaguars 10, Bills 3

20181207-firstoff.jpg

A quick look at the Jaguars’ 10-3 victory over the Buffalo Bills in an AFC Wild Card playoff game at EverBank Field Sunday.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz