Wildcard Weekend: Bills at Jax - 2nd Half Thread

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Ouch, this is a ugly game for none Bills and Jax fans to watch.

Tyrod playing well with his legs but has left a ton of throws. :(

He's made a few nice passes, but I'm worried about next half. 

Bortles has had his passes sail on him or go flying away in the wind passing to his right, so I hope Taylor doesn't have the same things affect him. 

I'd be happy with Taylor's performance today if he wasn't so consistently bad in the redzone. How many games do we just go backwards when we're so close to the endzone? It's getting ridiculous. He has no touch on his passes, doesn't throw to the right guys, and the defense has him covered on runs easily. 

We're also fortunate we had so many first downs via penalties against the Jags. If not for those, we'd have punted way earlier.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Defense is playing great. 

I don't mind the aggressiveness at the end of the half like some. The execution was awful, but we had timeouts and were moving the ball decently. 

People always complain how conservative they are, which is half the reason we fail to ever put any teams away as we try to nurse a tiny lead all game, so trying to get a single 1st down is ok.

And running for it 3 plays when they're selling out to stop the run wouldn't have done it.

Yes. While I liked the aggression, the design was just bad. 

Last thread ended with a lot of praise for our smart football. We have gotten away with a lot of not smart football.

We simply haven’t made highlight reel mistakes for the most part... but there have been several major mistakes.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Having Tyrod throw on 1st and goal, in a game of this magnitude is idiotic.

They're out-thinking themselves.

On his last play instead of just lobbing it to nobody over the middle he should've thrown to Benjamin out left. He actually had space to make a play, and he'd have a chance at Taylor's high passes.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Having Tyrod throw on 1st and goal, in a game of this magnitude is idiotic.

They're out-thinking themselves.

They just said on halftime show that they were in a RPO and Tyrod chose to throw instaed of run. That was a mistake on his part.

Tyrod being Tyrod. Missing open guys and not pulling the trigger on other open plays. The KB screw up was a run pass option and he called pass. Just stupid of Dennison to even give him the option there. How Tyrod can't throw to KB every time he's one on one is beyond me

RTB