Never wavered

I was 24 years old the last time I got to experience a Bills playoff game.  I'm 41, going on 42 now.  So much has happened for so many over that horrible drought.  But like all the loyal Bills fans my love for watching MY team every sunday never wavered.  No matter how many people switched from Rams fans, to Patriot fans, to Steelers fans and back to the Patriots....we never wavered.  No matter how frustrated we became with the carousel of coaches and GMs...We never wavered.  No matter how many times we were told "the Bills suck."  We never wavered.  Always proud to wear our colors.

No matter today's outcome the longest playoff drought in American sports is finally, mercifully over.  Today is OUR day! I raise my glass to you all.  Lets keep this ride going, beat Jacksonville and GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was 8 years old the last time the bills made the playoffs.  I never once thought of changing teams during the drought.  Being a bills fan is more than just rooting for a NFL team it is a way of life that was passed on from my dad to myself.  Bills fans are truly one of a kind.  Let's go Buffalo!!!!!! Beat Jacksonville and keep this fun ride going.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was 41. I'm old.

I was 45.  When you are of the age that you can see an end game, one of the things you focus on is if your team can actually win the Superbowl. I'm hoping this is the beginning of that or at least the beginning of the pathway there.! Go bills!

I was a sophomore in college(Hail to Pitt!), and watched the game from my dorm room.  When the Titans ran that forward lateral back for a touchdown, my roommate was jumping up and down, yelling and laughing.  He was a Steelers fan, so he had no dog in the fight.  Because of his laughing and yelling, I literally didn't speak to him for two weeks.  That's how much I lived and died with the Bills. 

I'm 43 years old now, and marriage, children, and life have taken priority over my once unhealthy obsession with the Bills.  I'm still as diehard as ever, a true Bills fan in every sense of the phrase, I just don't have the emotional connection to where when the Bills lose, it takes a few days to recover.  

But dammit if I'm not amped as a 7 year old after eating a whole sleeve of Oreo cookies!!!  Today has been a long time coming, and it has re-awakened the 26 year old me, and I can't sit still, I can't find enough things to do to pass the time, which is most certainly going by entirely too slow!!  

I'm predicting a Bills victory, but win or lose today, damn it feels good to be where we are right now!!  

Hope to be on here after the game to celebrate our victory, and talk about playing MORE meaningful football in January!!

Let's go Buffalo!!

Starting in the preseason I said this team felt different. There's no logical reason for them to be here, except this is a different Bills team. Different mind set, different motivation and most of all different coaching. They should get stomped today, but they won't. Should be the same old Dennison, but it won't be. Same old Tyrod, but he'll throw for yards today. They're just different. I really think they win.