Should the playoffs have seven teams from each conference make it?

Doc

I don’t think that there should be 8 playoff teams because that would mean that half the league would make them, but why not 7 teams per conference? In the first weekend you have everybody but the top overall seed playing and then you proceed like usual from there on out. Right now it’s too hard to make the playoffs with only one division winner and two wildcards out of the remaining 12 teams. 

Edited by Doc

I like the idea of more teams just because anything can happen.  Get rid of the first round bye and make it 8 teams per conference.  The NHL does it and some of those series can last over a week. 

I don't think it's out of the question to play a few extra games to enhance the parity of the league.

They would definitely make more money off of it so I'm kind of surprised they haven't switched.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I don’t think that there shoulis be 8 playoff teams because that would mean that half the league would make them, but why not 7 teams per conference? In the first weekend you have everybody but the top overall seed playing and then you proceed like usual from there on out. Right now it’s too hard to make the playoffs with only one division winner and two wildcards out of the remaining 12 teams. 

No.  The Cheatriots already get enough advantages handed to them.  They shouldn't be the only team from the AFC that plays 1 fewer game than everybody else.  IMHO, that's too big an advantage - regardless of who finishes 1st overall.

Would be ok w/ going to 8/ conference.  Having 6 go, again IMHO isn't broken.  Not sure why, other than money grubbing, they'd fix it.

51 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The difficulty of the chase makes the struggle worthwhile. If more teams make it, it decreases the importance of each game. I appreciate the structure now beeause of how special each spot is. 

Your idea about the one-team bye is cool though 

Agreed.  The NFL has to keep just making the playoffs a notable accomplishment in itself. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I don’t think that there should be 8 playoff teams because that would mean that half the league would make them, but why not 7 teams per conference? In the first weekend you have everybody but the top overall seed playing and then you proceed like usual from there on out. Right now it’s too hard to make the playoffs with only one division winner and two wildcards out of the remaining 12 teams. 

I like it! That one extra team means more views, more interest, less "the same teams every year", etc.

• Like (+1) 1