Forget 5, How about 6 or more INTs in a game?

There have been 45 games in NFL history where a QB has thrown 6 or more INTs. 

Predictably, QBs who throw 6 or more INTs in a game have an abysmal 1-44 win/loss record. 

Only one team in NFL history has lost a game in which they intercepted the ball 6 times. I'll give you three guesses, but you'll only need one. 

The great George Blanda threw 6 INTs in the first game of the 1962 season and still managed to lead the Houston Oilers to a 28-23 victory on the road in Buffalo. 

Bonus! Blanda had 2 games that season with 6 INTs, and 3 total during his career. He joins Joe Namath (3), Norm Van Brocklin (2), Bobby Herbert (2), and Brian Sipe (2) as the only QBs to throw 6 or more INTs in a single game more than once. He is also the only QB to ever throw 6 INTs in a single game more than once in the same season. 

Full list available here.

(Hey, just trying to pass the time until tomorrow.)

Jokingly, I was going to make a comment how Fitzpatrick should some how make the list as he's an interception machine.

Then I actually clicked on the link to see he is actually on the list! 

Damn, he wasnt called Fitz-pick-six for nothing.   

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

There have been 45 games in NFL history where a QB has thrown 6 or more INTs. 

Predictably, QBs who throw 6 or more INTs in a game have an abysmal 1-44 win/loss record. 

Only one team in NFL history has lost a game in which they intercepted the ball 6 times. I'll give you three guesses, but you'll only need one. 

The great George Blanda threw 6 INTs in the first game of the 1962 season and still managed to lead the Houston Oilers to a 28-23 victory on the road in Buffalo. 

Bonus! Blanda had 2 games that season with 6 INTs, and 3 total during his career. He joins Joe Namath (3), Norm Van Brocklin (2), Bobby Herbert (2), and Brian Sipe (2) as the only QBs to throw 6 or more INTs in a single game more than once. He is also the only QB to ever throw 6 INTs in a single game more than once in the same season. 

Full list available here.

(Hey, just trying to pass the time until tomorrow.)

Guess he should have stuck to kicking.