Anyone going over from Canada to watch in Buffalo?

1ManRaid

For what it's worth 1ManRaid, if you and/or Dad still has concerns, have him call whatever county the campground is in and ask for the Civil Office. They can tell him whether there is or isn't any case involving him. It's not going to put you at ease for tomorrow but it will for any future border crossings.

Edited by RobH063

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

This all being said, it looks like I'll be making the trip on my own tomorrow.  I hope to get in somewhere fairly early, as I'll have my crutches and would like to be able to score a seat, as well as not having to hike a distance to find a place with availability.

I've tweeted (716) Food and Sport about it, so I'll see if they have any recommendations.

You tweeted 716 about your injury?  Just stay home. We want to have fun, not worry about your special needs. Tomorrow is about the Bills!!

7 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

For what it's worth 1ManRaid, if you and/or Dad still has concerns, have him call whatever county the campground is in and ask for the Civil Office. They can tell him whether there is or isn't any case involving him. It's not going to put you at ease for tomorrow but it will for any future border crossings.

If I recall correctly the campsite was in Ohio, but they sued him in Colorado or something like that?

6 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

You tweeted 716 about your injury?  Just stay home. We want to have fun, not worry about your special needs. Tomorrow is about the Bills!!

I appreciate your concern, sound like a swell guy at parties.  It's not an injury, it's a neurological condition that causes my brain to misinterpret nerve impulses as pain and discomfort, to which the body reacts to as if there was injury.  I don't always need the crutches, but the extreme weather conditions and mental/physical exertion of cheering through a Bills playoff game tend to flare it up.

*edit*  

Eh, a quick glance at your posting history shows you go out of your way to be an !@#$ and troll people.  Why did I bother responding?

Edited by 1ManRaid

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

If I recall correctly the campsite was in Ohio, but they sued him in Colorado or something like that?

If it was a Federal case then everything I posted could be incorrect. The Feds do things very differently than States do. I would have your Dad call an attorney that deals with U.S. Federal Civil law and see what he/she says about it.

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I appreciate your concern, sound like a swell guy at parties.  It's not an injury, it's a neurological condition that causes my brain to misinterpret nerve impulses as pain and discomfort, to which the body reacts to as if there was injury.  I don't always need the crutches, but the extreme weather conditions and mental/physical exertion of cheering through a Bills playoff game tend to flare it up.

*edit*  

Eh, a quick glance at your posting history shows you go out of your way to be an !@#$ and troll people.  Why did I bother responding?

That’s great man. I couldn’t even ponder what your handicap was because you didn’t specify, I assumed it was an injury; actually being sensitive to your very general statement. I apologize for hurting your feelings....

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

If it was a Federal case then everything I posted could be incorrect. The Feds do things very differently than States do. I would have your Dad call an attorney that deals with U.S. Federal Civil law and see what he/she says about it.

I don't see how this case can be a federal case. The suit was probably handled in Colorado instead of Ohio because that was where the home office was for the company. I'm confident that your original response was spot on and well posted. 

In case the 716 ends up not being feasible, anyone have a suggestion on where else to go?  I wasn't able to arrange things in advance as it wasn't even possible for me to go until things suddenly and unexpectedly freed up for me this morning.  Heck I'd even settle for being invited to a random stranger's party (I could maybe splurge on bringing a case) if it came to it as long as the place is filled with friendly Bills fans.

Edited by 1ManRaid

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

In case the 716 ends up not being feasible, anyone have a suggestion on where else to go?  I wasn't able to arrange things in advance as it wasn't even possible for me to go until things suddenly and unexpectedly freed up for me this morning.  Heck I'd even settle for being invited to a random stranger's party (I could maybe splurge on bringing a case) if it came to it as long as the place is filled with friendly Bills fans.

maybe a case of beer?

sorry, no way my wife would allow a creepy stranger at our party... talk about awkward energy. 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:
2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

I don't see how this case can be a federal case. The suit was probably handled in Colorado instead of Ohio because that was where the home office was for the company. I'm confident that your original response was spot on and well posted. 

You're probably right that it isn't a Federal case but it is very odd if the action causing a lawsuit occurred in Ohio and is then heard in Colorado. In any event, if a Judgement was granted in a Colorado Supreme Court, it would still have to be transcribed in Ohio where the action took place. Neither location is in New York State and the chance that it was also transcribed in a New York court is minuscule, so if it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to cross the border.

Edited by RobH063