Crazy EJ Gaines stat

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

the kids got to stay healthy and he's worth a long term deal 4 yrs 22m

I'd love to re-sign him at 4 years $22M.  It will probably take about $10M more than that.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Did everyone else see the stat that Buffalo's 8-3 when Gaines is in the lineup. This kid needs to be resigned ASAP. The secondary just looks completely different when he's not on the field.

I did not see that stat, but it is pretty obvious watching the games. Even though I fell Hyde, Poyer, Tre, and Kyle are all better players, Gaines is the puzzle piece we can't live without. I would like to see him re-signed and draft a corner somewhere in the 3rd-5th for when he misses games. Shareece Wright is a disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I did not see that stat, but it is pretty obvious watching the games. Even though I fell Hyde, Poyer, Tre, and Kyle are all better players, Gaines is the puzzle piece we can't live without. I would like to see him re-signed and draft a corner somewhere in the 3rd-5th for when he misses games. Shareece Wright is a disaster.

Agreed

7 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Any time he has been out I immediately thot oh well Bills gonna lose this game,,,,,,sad but true....

Agreed

59 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Did everyone else see the stat that Buffalo's 8-3 when Gaines is in the lineup. This kid needs to be resigned ASAP. The secondary just looks completely different when he's not on the field.

Yeah, it's been mentioned a couple of times by the media. Pretty cool. I hope that he wants to re-sign at a reasonable price. Love the way he plays and he seems like a solid, level-headed guy. Heard him interviewed the other day and he was very well spoken, too. Came across as a class act.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

You just said that all the starters in the secondary are better than him. Which I agree with, we can sign a FA or draft a guy. He is replaceable.

Using this 8-3 stat is lunacy. If you think they went 1-4 in the other games because he didn't play, I don't know what the hell you are watching. 

He's been good, I'm fine with keeping him, but he isn't nearly as critical piece to this team as the 8-3 stat makes him look.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I'm thinking 5 year $43 Million with $22 Guaranteed.

I think we don't have to go that high.  Something comparable to Hyde's 5 years 32 million contract with 14 million guaranteed.  

I would definitely like to see him re-signed. But the one thing I am not worried about is our secondary. 

McDermott has a real talent for being able to put a top notch secondary on the field with later round picks & lesser known players. He did it consistently for years in Carolina and now he's doing it again in Buffalo. Even when he had a patchwork secondary in Carolina they (usually) played well. 

Id prefer to sign Gaines. But my guess is they will draft someone even if they do. We need the depth, especially with Gaines injury history (if he is re-signed).

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd love to re-sign him at 4 years $22M.  It will probably take about $10M more than that.

The problem is we have committed big dollars to the Safeties..It will be hard to pay 3 of the 4 starting DB FA money.  We need to shore up our DT (and taht will be two if Kyle retires) and 2 of the 3 LBs and a Pass Rusher.  I think the Bills will go tot he Draft to get a CB in the 2nd round. 

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

How bout find a replacement in the draft that isn't injury prone? He not worth the contract based off a luck stat when he is out all the damn time.

I honestly like Wright better

A luck stat? You mean that he plays good and helps the defense out incredibly. The only luck is bad luck that he keeps getting hurt. I didnt think it was possible for soneone to think wright is better