Pat Kerein today

Paul Costa

6 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Can we sneak Joe Webb out there for 4 or 5 plays? 3 runs and two passes. Have him and Tyrod on the field together to limit Jacksonville ‘s substitution patterns?

Why do you want Joe Webb to throw the ball?

15 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Horseshoes and hand grenades?

If the claim is correct, the Bills and Shady are very lucky.

"Few people remember that it was [Frank] Robinson who first said, "Close don't count in baseball. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." 

The quote appeared in Time magazine (July 31, 1973)." There are some variations usually with the baseball part left out.

I was wondering where that phrase came from, now I know the rest of the story , good day.

15 hours ago, MDH said:

The Jags have a much better pass D than run D. Not sure how people believe this lends itself to Tyrod needing to do more to win this game. Don't turn the ball over and stop the Jags running game. Do those things and the Bills have a shot. Have TT put the ball up 30+ times and the Bills lose.

While I agree that he must not turn the ball over, he MUST play WELL.  The pass rush will be fierce and the decisions he makes under duress will, IMO, win or lose the game for us.  He MUST run and show the threat of him as a runner.. If that defense isn’t thinking about him as a runner, than our passing game and running game will suffer.  His legs will be the difference if we are to win imo.  He’s not a good enough passer and the jags will be loading up to stop Shady.  T-Mobile must be just that, mobile and ready to use his legs

4 hours ago, nucci said:

Why do you want Joe Webb to throw the ball?

He missed his pass against the Pats overthrowing Cadet. But NE had no answer for him in the wildcat. I’m sure Jacksonville has seen the tape but if they stack the box to stop the wildcat, I’m hoping Joe can hit someone down the seam or hits a quick slant for a big play. He’s not a quality QB but as far as wild cat runners go he can chuck it  better than most.

16 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

He missed his pass against the Pats overthrowing Cadet. But NE had no answer for him in the wildcat. I’m sure Jacksonville has seen the tape but if they stack the box to stop the wildcat, I’m hoping Joe can hit someone down the seam or hits a quick slant for a big play. He’s not a quality QB but as far as wild cat runners go he can chuck it  better than most.

So he's not a good passer as a QB but he is in a different formation? He's a better passer than RBs ,correct? The Wildcat is a myth. It has never been run like the Dolphins did when they started it...all it is now is a direct snap to the RB...not very tricky plus you take the QB out of the play.