Gruden to get 10 year/$100M Contract

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

So a coach hasn't been coaching since 2008, has a career record barely over .500, has a 45-62 record since his last superbowl and get gets a 10 year 100 million dollar deal? 

Overrated.

It’s the Raider way.  A coach who has been out of the game that long is not likely going to make an impact 

3 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Absolutely. Even if the Raiders win a Super Bowl under Gruden(and I don't think they do)...it's not going to end well. 

It will become the Mario William contract to them. Even if he's good he won't live up to the contract.

What's this about??? It will be worth it if they win a Super Bowl for sure.

Edited by NickelCity

I hope for the Raiders sake there is some sort of out in that contract in the last few years, I like Gruden as a coach, the Raiders have talent esp in two places where it is hard to get talent (QB and Pass rush.) But dam that's a lot of money for a coach who hasn't coached for nearly 10 years. 

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

What's this about??? It will be worth it if they win a Super Bowl for sure.

What it's about is that Gruden took a team that was assembled by Tony Dungy, won a Super Bowl and over time left the Bucs in a tailspin that they haven't dug out of yet.  Gruden is the most overhyped, over touted and soon to be over paid coach in the history of the NFL. 

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

He looks like a failed attempt at a Jim Henson 'Muppet'...

DSzHrLiX4AE3SkG.jpg

It's worth every penny just to finally have Gruden out of the TV booth. He never met a player who he didn't love, wasn't one of the best in the game, or wasn't "an outstanding young man." Adios, 'Chucky'.

Wait, can we sign Davis to anchor our run defense?

2 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Fun fact...Davis actually (well, he used to...not sure if he still does) used to drive 400 MILES to get that haircut...in his mini-van.

....shoulda sued the barber.......looks like a Walmart Bowl Job........I've seen better looking poodles..............

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

What it's about is that Gruden took a team that was assembled by Tony Dungy, won a Super Bowl and over time left the Bucs in a tailspin that they haven't dug out of yet.  Gruden is the most overhyped, over touted and soon to be over paid coach in the history of the NFL. 

I don't disagree at all. I was just shocked by your insinuation that even if the raiders win the superbowl it will not have been worth it. Open to interpretation though: "Even if the Raiders win a Super Bowl under Gruden...it's not going to end well."

2 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I don't disagree at all. I was just shocked by your insinuation that even if the raiders win the superbowl it will not have been worth it. Open to interpretation though: "Even if the Raiders win a Super Bowl under Gruden...it's not going to end well."

Not insinuating anything. Straight up saying it. You pay a coach 100 million dollars you better get some damn good results. 1 Super Bowl...not even close to a good return on the investment.  Especially if he leaves the Raiders in the same situation the Bucs have been in for the last decade.

8 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Seems ridiculous at first glance, but Gruden is a good (not great) coach, and certainly better than that bum Del Rio.  They are paying for a proven commodity.  It's a very talented roster and the AFC West is up for grabs for the foreseeable future.  He should have them in the playoffs starting next season.

You do know that Gruden has a worse winning percentage than Brian Billick, right?

I think Gruden will have some success there, he is an offense oriented coach and he gets to work with Carr. I bet he gets them into the playoffs, but it's going to be hard to live up to that contract, lots of pressure but is that contract a lot of fluff? Can they get out of it 4 years with little penalty? How much of that money is guaranteed?