Gruden to get 10 year/$100M Contract

12 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Gruden will wear it out in 3-5 years

I think you are right but I also think that Davis probably looks at it more like a 5 year $20M per year contract..........but the owners would crucify Davis if he set that kind of precedent.  

Can't even imagine Gruden HC'ing for another decade.

Seems ridiculous at first glance, but Gruden is a good (not great) coach, and certainly better than that bum Del Rio.  They are paying for a proven commodity.  It's a very talented roster and the AFC West is up for grabs for the foreseeable future.  He should have them in the playoffs starting next season.

56 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

So a coach hasn't been coaching since 2008, has a career record barely over .500, has a 45-62 record since his last superbowl and get gets a 10 year 100 million dollar deal? 

Overrated.

Despite all of that, Gruden is still the best head coach the Raiders have had ever since they moved back to Oakland.

Since Gruden was fired from the Raiders in 2002, the Raiders head coaches have been: Bill Callahan, Norv Turner, Art Shell redux, Lane Kiffin, Tom Cable,  Hue Jackson, Dennis Allen, Tony Sparano & Jack Del Rio. JUST WIN, BABY!

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is Mark Davis possibly and inbred?  He looks like a child of a Swedish brother and sister.

He looks like a failed attempt at a Jim Henson 'Muppet'...

DSzHrLiX4AE3SkG.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is this the worst contract in the NFL already? I don’t even think that there is a close 2nd.

It's worth every penny just to finally have Gruden out of the TV booth. He never met a player who he didn't love, wasn't one of the best in the game, or wasn't "an outstanding young man." Adios, 'Chucky'.

• Haha (+1) 1