How much would you spend on a massage chair

ndirish1978

7 hours ago, teef said:

buy a tens unit bro.

I’m afraid to ask, but……what the hell is that? 

I’m not ashamed to say we got a nice massage chair few years ago. It was obscenely expensive, but I do start most mornings there while listening to Dan Patrick. The wife uses it a lot too. 

My first experience with one was on a cruise. I would feed that thing dollar bills until I had to go get more! Extravagant for sure, but in our case well worth it. 

Curious to know if @ndirish1978 ever got one and how it went over. 

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m not ashamed to say we got a nice massage chair few years ago. It was obscenely expensive, but I do start most mornings there while listening to Dan Patrick. The wife uses it a lot too. 

My first experience with one was on a cruise. I would feed that thing dollar bills until I had to go get more! Extravagant for sure, but in our case well worth it. 

I can attest to Augie's severe back pain.  He gets a pass.  At tailgate he had to seek comfort by laying in back bed of my pick-up... Which really isn't that comfortable (duh)... But it was the cleanest place to stretch out.  Unless you want to be on the ground at a Bills tailgate 😆... That's last place I'd wanna be,  of course on my own volition! 😆

Anyway... Only thing better, but George Jefferson is dead:

th?id=OIP.NOY1d8qpMaSSJQPMtZJF_wHaFo%26p

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I can attest to Augie's severe back pain.  He gets a pass.  At tailgate he had to seek comfort by laying in back bed of my pick-up... Which really isn't that comfortable (duh)... But it was the cleanest place to stretch out.  Unless you want to be on the ground at a Bills tailgate 😆... That's last place I'd wanna be,  of course on my own volition! 😆

Anyway... Only thing better, but George Jefferson is dead:

th?id=OIP.NOY1d8qpMaSSJQPMtZJF_wHaFo%26p

I was having a rather bad day. Unexpectedly bad, out of seemingly nowhere. It was a rough time in our lives. I appreciate the “comfort” of your pick-up. It was a rough day on many layers. You were a champ with a “clean” place to “rest”.  Thank you! I mean that sincerely. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I was having a rather bad day. Unexpectedly bad, out of seemingly nowhere. It was a rough time in our lives. I appreciate the “comfort” of your pick-up. It was a rough day on many layers. You were a champ with a “clean” place to “rest”.  Thank you! I mean that sincerely. 

I just wish I had my air mattress! 😊... 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

i may not be 100%, but it's an electrical stimulation unit.  my chiropractor uses it on occasion when i have site specific pain.  it really loosens up the area after you get over the stimulation part.  they sell various level of them on amazon.  i haven't bought on myself yet, but i'm going to to use in place of a healing pad.

i was at a seminar recently concerning back and neck pain.  our local dental society put it on, and it was incredible.  my pain is from a muscular source, (not spine or bone related), so i've found that we basic therapy, (a few stretches so far) i can really eliminate back pain.  it mostly has to do with how i sit all day, and how that becomes my new norm.  when i stand and do something basic, i can easily throw out my back as a result.  that hasn't happened in a while, fingers crossed.

if anyone thinks their back pain my be due to positioning from work, i strongly suggest you look into the egoscue method.   there's no centers in wny, but they can do zoom treatment if desired.  i know a number of people who have used it, and claim it's changed their lives.  it will be my next step if my basic exercises stop working.

1 hour ago, teef said:

i may not be 100%, but it's an electrical stimulation unit.  my chiropractor uses it on occasion when i have site specific pain.  it really loosens up the area after you get over the stimulation part.  they sell various level of them on amazon.  i haven't bought on myself yet, but i'm going to to use in place of a healing pad.

i was at a seminar recently concerning back and neck pain.  our local dental society put it on, and it was incredible.  my pain is from a muscular source, (not spine or bone related), so i've found that we basic therapy, (a few stretches so far) i can really eliminate back pain.  it mostly has to do with how i sit all day, and how that becomes my new norm.  when i stand and do something basic, i can easily throw out my back as a result.  that hasn't happened in a while, fingers crossed.

if anyone thinks their back pain my be due to positioning from work, i strongly suggest you look into the egoscue method.   there's no centers in wny, but they can do zoom treatment if desired.  i know a number of people who have used it, and claim it's changed their lives.  it will be my next step if my basic exercises stop working.

Ahhh, THAT! Had that at the chiropractor myself. I think the wife actually got one for home. It did seem to help along with heat. We went all in on the massage chair a few years ago. It’s a great way to start the day! 

15 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m wondering what massage chair @ndirish1978ended up buying and how his back is now.  After all it’s been 3-1/2 years since he started this thread. 

I lol'd when I saw this thread was revived, I completely forgot about it. Thanks for the question. I didn't wind up buying one. Some people have backs that are messed up and need serious help, I dunno what to recommend for that; in my case I just decided to work on better fitness and made a few quality of life purchases that helped. 1- I started working out my back muscles a lot more to strengthen them. 2- Bought a mattress pad and that made a big difference, I have a 3 inch tempur-pedic. 3- I upgraded my office chair with a Herman Miller one. 4- I got a percussion massage gun for muscle tightness and I just go get a massages when I'm super sore. My masseuse has one of those tens machines teef mentioned. Back feels a lot better, thanks.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/7/2021 at 1:05 AM, BringBackFergy said:

How much would you spend on a hose reel?

That depends on what the hose is used for. 

😈 

On 7/7/2021 at 9:18 PM, Augie said:
On 7/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, teef said:

buy a tens unit bro.

yeah man. Electro Shock thera … I mean treatments to relax the muscles 👍🏻 

28 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Awesome how a random spambot can get reinvigorate a thread. I still stand by my initial statement. 

You made me go back 3 and a half years to learn…..you are just like all the rest of us?  🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.